sgiitk

F1 becoming A1!!

It has been widely reported that F1 is going for a standard engine & transmissions starting 2010. Then what is the difference between F1 and A1 since standardized cars cannot be far behind. All the fun and development will be lost forever.

Ferrari have already threatened to pull out. I suspect so will Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, Renault, etc.

What a farce will this be.

sgiitk2008-10-31 05:19:11

ya i totally agree with you sgiitk, I watch A1 its fun but F1 is something else, i love F1 but if they do  standardized cars then it will take out the fun of technology, the Aero and lots more.

The recent economic meltdown has forced companies to cut their spending budget on newer technologies & development. F1 giants had felt the heat' date=' so the steps!

[/quote']

I wish this was true. I hear this move started well before the economic meltdown. I think the date for the bids for engines & transmissions for 2010 is quite close.

This will never happen. Ferrari "controls" the FiA well...almost. And if Ferrari Pulls out' date=' you can forgt about anyone being bothered to watch the sport. Me included.[/quote']

Hurrah! smiley1.gif

However looking at the amount of time and effort Bernie & co spent on their one point mission, 'Stop Schumi' in the not too distant past, I doubt whether Ferrari has that much clout. However, those controlling the purse strings do know that without the Prancing Horse with a Raised Tail they will end up with their tails between their legs!

I suspect that 'F' were suspecting as much when they decided to supply engines to A1.

sgiitk2008-11-01 06:24:02

I don't want this to happen and most probably it won't happen. Like sgiitk sir mentioned, Ferrari have already hinted at coming out of F1 if this happens and a few days back Mclaren Mercedes and Toyota also voiced their opposition to the standard engine rule. 

....... Ferrari have already hinted at coming out of F1 if this happens and a few days back Mclaren Mercedes and Toyota also voiced their opposition to the standard engine rule. 

Is there something to be read into Ferrari becoming the engine suppliers to A1!!

I don't know Sir....But I don't think Ferrari will ever want to leave Formula 1 by themselves, as things stand. And I am sure this standard engine rule will never come into existence, as there are so many engine manufacturer's themselves in Formula 1.