vibhor

New Ford ikon to launch on..........!!!+pics!!

@Rakesh- You cant expect stunning design for a 6 lacs  car. See Dzire, Logan both these cars are in same segment and a looks are just average. Though i would agree that Previous Ikon NXT was a real looker. But i think Ford was looking at VFM more than the design. I got info that another version of Ikon will be coming soon with more features. 

Yes Vibhor, engine performance of Dzire is realy impressive, quick,responsive, effortless to accelerate,most imp no noise or vibr , steering is good. But looks- compromise,seating not much comft again compro,wheelbase lower - ,price 6.5Lacs basic no pow wndow, VDI 6.8 Lacs--no additional feature, other additional feature like ABS ,airbags again pay more apprx 7.5 L but u cannot change looks nor seating comft. For that matter one should go for Fiesta SX 9.22 L . One more problem is long long waiting minimum 6 to 8 months. Logan is having quiet engine ,good fuel effic. little slower than Multijet, steering little heavy to drive but looks & colors one has to compromise. Ground clearence is less

Yes Vibhor' date=' engine performance of Dzire is realy impressive, quick,responsive, effortless to accelerate,most imp no noise or vibr , steering is good. But looks- compromise,seating not much comft again compro,wheelbase lower - ,price 6.5Lacs basic no pow wndow, VDI 6.8 Lacs--no additional feature, other additional feature like ABS ,airbags again pay more apprx 7.5 L but u cannot change looks nor seating comft. For that matter one should go for Fiesta SX 9.22 L . One more problem is long long waiting minimum 6 to 8 months. Logan is having quiet engine ,good fuel effic. little slower than Multijet, steering little heavy to drive but looks & colors one has to compromise. Ground clearence is less [/quote'] yes terminator!..you are saying very true!!....engine n performance of dzire is nice!..but as you said NVH levels are very low!...but did you heard any rattling sound!?!..because its alwyas in every maruti car!!...but i agree with ur other points that it has very long waitlist and also if we incl. all those features it takes it up to 7-8lac mark!...anyways even i too think now that new ikon makes more sense!smiley17.gif

yes speed is correct, ...n its designed is very much improved over the previous one!!...some styling cues have been taken from its big bro ,fiesta!....note that subaru like front grille!..n foglamps too!:-)..

Thanks for posting!!

New Fod ikon has two models...

1) Ford Ikon 1.3 Rocam

Starting from Rs. 4.59 Lakhs

(ex-showroom Delhi)

Petrol Rocam Engine

5 Speed Manual

2)Ford Ikon 1.4 Dura Torq TDCi

Starting from Rs. 5.19 Lakhs

(ex-showroom Delhi)

I like the looks of the new Ford Ikon and the Sporty options available like the 13"alloy wheels, Spoilers, even sporty seat covers!

the suspention, breaks, and the stearing systems is also tweaked to improve performance.

Hi,

I just happened to see your mesg by accident. I was planning to go in for the fiat 1.3 multijet until i bumped into this article of Ford launching Ikon with 1.4 diesel.

Since you've has both the cars, could you tell exactly what were the differences like and if possible a statistics of how much you have spent on each and spares cost that you have incurred? This is really going to help me decide as i see these two as my only choices. 

Thanks!

Anyone who has gone for a drive in the ikon tdci will vouch for this car. It handles beautifully and is extremely stable. its worth the price in 5 lakhs.  I would seriously advise you to at least go for a test drive before you form any opinions, it