rssh

Which City should I register?

I am waiting for festival season to arrive so that i buy my new Swift ZXi. Every thing is final but the problem is that i travel to Thane every 4 days in a week ,and i will get lower price for the new car than buying from Mumbai were you have to pay octari .I dont mind registration from other district .

My uncle who stays in Thane bought it for 30000 less than Mumbai . He travel to mumbai daily for work.

Will i face any legal problem ?smiley24.gif
rssh2007-10-04 17:44:28

Dear rssh, i think if you drive above 1200 kms a month its always better you go for a diesel it really gives good Mileage . but diferent people have diferent taste so its left to you on deciding one. about the district change i have no much idea but if you have an adress proof in Thane i think it should be fine. also its Better to listen what FRG says about this!!

I know but just say white and not some pearl thing. I think we are deviating from the topic and no more posting because i really need to Know about it. rssh2007-10-04 18:06:09

@rssh...

U need to have a address proof of Thane to get the car registered. since this is a very common idea in Mumbai.. i.e. the cars being cheaper in Thane than Mumbai... the cops r also well aware of it..

so.. they have additional reason to get hold of a Thane reg vehicle.. after all,all u r doing is cheating the state by avoiding the octroi..and frankly.. i firmly believe that Mumbai takes care of its citizens.. mebbe it can do with that additional 30k... :) ...

btw... wer in Mumbai r u located???

Ask your Uncle about it as he will have a good idea about it. soo now if you get green signal from your uncle then do it in THANE but if he says some problem may occur then do has he advices.