FuelRunGod

Maruti A-Star Test Drive Report

Really not sure why Maruti has priced the car so high....bang in the i10 territory.
The i10's interior is much better and justifies its price. What does this car do better than an i10? Performance? Fuel Economy? It has to beat the i10 in both of these areas to command such a price.

Infact A-star does beat i10 on both the accounts you mentioned!

What difference will 3 cyl instead of 4 cyl make?

A 3 cyl motor, as against a 4 cyl motor, runs a little rougher. it tends to be a tad noisier.that explains the extra sound deadening treatment in the a star.

@Cyrus : yeah buddy!....whats the reason!?!...why are  you so disappointed from it!?!

@praveshb : Yup!!....thats great news buddy!!....congrats on your new buy!...hope there is no long wait list this time!......plz post pics n a short review after it comes to your home!!all the best!:-)

Very much cramped from inside. Maruti really do not know space management. Where they score really over others is after sales service.

If any other company provides good after sales service, it will be tough competition to Maruti. This is what Hyundai ia achieving----Hyundai is improving day by day as far as car making is concerned. (Maruti infact is deteriorated e.g. is A*)

Really paying capacity of average Indian is also increasing and people realize that good things come at a good premium. Hence people should not hesitate to buy good things (say i 10, i20) as compared to Maruti, even though these are bit pricy.

Infact if u take any other cars (Chevrolet, Hyundai, Honda), these are more solid built than Maruti. But its an attitude of us only (probably me too) to favour things which are cheap (neglecting quality).

For given price A* is not at all a good buy---better to go for Spark (far better and cheaper) or stylish i 10 (A* is no where in its comparison). The mileage 0f 19kmpl is just a company claim---not yet proven by people on road. For all practical purposes one should be very much optimistic to get mileage more than 16 in city with A*

today i sat in a-star but wasnt able to td it as their were many people in queue to td it and i was short of tym.

interiors- really superb,havent ever seen such good interiors frm maruti,the centre console is classy as well as the tacho. 9/10

space- comparing the space to my zen,i found it the same as in zen but i agree more space could have only helped but still sitting in rear u dont feel like choked as other members have said. 7/10

exteriors- it looks quiet better looking than i10 according to me. this is a jazzy car. 9/10

fuel efficiency and performance- it beats the i1o 1.1 in performance and even if it gives 16 kmpl in city than tell me which other car averages so much in city.

I think it is over priced too. Less interior space is surely a drawback. May be the A Star has a clear market with the young working professionals staying away from family. For someone driving the car alone or with two people in the front, the car is comfortable.

praveshb  congrats mate for your new car. which model with colour did u booked do share with us and also post some pics too.CHEERS!!

I have booked Lxi. The delivery date is not sure yet, probably by Jan 2nd week. 

praveshb  congrats mate for your new car. which model with colour did u booked do share with us and also post some pics too.CHEERS!!

I have booked Lxi. The delivery date is not sure yet' date=' probably by Jan 2nd week. 

[/quote'] is this because of waitlist!?....or they are starting from Jan only!?!smiley1.gif

smiley1.gifoh thats great!..but as praveshb said that he will get his car in 2nd week of Jan!...so does this means that wait list have also started as well! smiley18.gifvibhor2008-11-27 12:32:28

I have booked Lxi. The delivery date is not sure yet' date=' probably by Jan 2nd week. 

[/quote'] is this because of waitlist!?....or they are starting from Jan only!?!smiley1.gif

I am not sure if it is hype or simply waitlisting. But there are similar lists for Swift diesel, swift desire also..

There are some  colours available, but I choose to buy a grey colour only, hence the issue..

Thanks speed ' date='but i think soon this 3-4 days waiting period will turn into 3-4 months!!...as its expected for all MSIL cars in India! :-)[/quote']

true Vibhor, i think MSIL is taking ppl for granted... crazy waiting period for all its products and ppl believe the company is genuine. am sick of just hearing abt this and i dont know how ppl wait to buy and that too after paying a premium.