ronit

alloys for swift

hi members i am new to this forum and as a newbie i want u to help me

as i want to upgrade the tyres of my swift,as you all may know that swift

comes with very bad tyres i want some broad tyres and also want to upsize them could u guy tell me what size is suitable for the swift

regards

How about going up to the size of tyres in the ZXi. As for the alloys I would suggest going for a good popular brand. remember the lighter the better. I would suggest Aura from Hindalco.

I will be loathe to go to 16" or even 15". The ride of the Swift is a bit stiff. It will become worse.

As for alloys brands just make sure that it is a reputable brand and that replacements (though required rarely) will be available. As for weight I have seen alloys with at least a 20% weight difference in the same size (do not remember which size/brands).

recently i drove a swift with 17 inch the ride was lill harsh compare tp the stock but u can feel the bumps as u r seating on a car without shockers but the over all feel was ok but i dont think that 15 would be that bad

as the brands i have lenso plati and hr in my mind think people rate them like

comparison between the price range of 17k to 30k for 15inch

1.lanso

2.plati/hr

3.neo/aura

other brands are like bbs/rays/oz but they are like 100k for a set of 4

Yes, HR's are very very common, every second car with alloys has it. I have Lenso's on my Palio and BSA's on my Octavia, both are doing perfectly fine.

If you want good designs on Indian wheels, there is only Neo....Aura has just ordinary looking alloys....15" would be fine for a swift and if you are careful with your car and its only for your own personal use, then you can even do 16" wheels on the Swift.

I am a bit confused whether 14" or upsize alloy will suit swift. As SPEED suggested to go for 1+ upsize, SGIITK advises for original size, I am also buying a swift vdi in the next week, please suggest me the most suitable size of alloy & tyre size   

14" alloys are the best for Swift as it is the size the car comes with. But fitting 14" alloys will not look good in Swift(instead you could stay with stock steel wheels). If you're putting alloys 15"is the best for Swift and not more than that as it'll spoil the ride.

EDIT: this is the response for Pranab Phukan
Crazy cat2009-01-04 12:08:39

but my view in this regard is only 14" since upsize not only makes the car unsettled it also brings in some error in Speedo since the differential to which speedo is matted gives right results only for 14" wheels.

is there any second though in this?

Thank you guys. I have seen a lot of alloys both Neo & Aura in Carwale.com, lookwise I found Neo is better. Neo 14"X6" Black machined are priced at 16,500/- & chrome painted are at 20K, for 14"X6", what should be the exact size if tyre?

but my view in this regard is only 14" since upsize not only makes the car unsettled it also brings in some error in Speedo since the differential to which speedo is matted gives right results only for 14" wheels.

is there any second though in this?
[/quote']

The size which matters is the final diameter (wheel + tyre). You add twice the sidewall height (tread dia x Aspect ratio) to the wheel diameter to get this. For example 165/65R13 has a wheel diameter of 13" and a sidewall height of 165*.065. As long as the final figure is within 5% you should be Ok. Just be careful as the wheel diameter is in inches, the tread width is in mm. Work in the same units, i.e. multiply the wheel diameter by 25.4!

This was detailed in at least two posts of mine in related threads.

sgiitk2009-01-06 03:59:54

Swift ZXi has 185/70 R14'' i guess.. correct me if m wrong.

Which looks good and also has a better ride comfort n road grip.

Similar tyres with a good R 14 alloy would then be a ideal chice without affecting ride quality , comfort n mileage.

NEo torque CP 14 looks awsome .

but what shd be the depth 5.5 or 6 inch?

pri_l266.jpg

Brand Name Neo
Product Name Alloy Wheel
Product No Torque-CP-14
Approximate Weight
Approximate Price Rs. 20000/-

Product Description

14-inch, chrome painted alloy wheels

Product Features

Stunning looks
Superior heat dissipation characteristics
Light in weight
Excellent road handling and cornering ability
OEM supplier
Tested by independent laboratories like ARAI
Price for set of five alloy wheels

Source: carwale.com

Specification of Neo Torque-CP-14 Alloy Wheel

Size             14" x 6"

Paint Finish     Chrome Painted

Diameter (inch)     14

Depth (inch)     6.00

Offset (mm)     38

Backspacing (mm)126

Minimum PCD (mm)100

Maximum PCD (mm)114

*(Source Carwale.com)

Thanks bhalchandra, this alloy looks superb.

http://www.carwale.com/accessories/specifications/neo_torquecp14_alloy_wheel-266.html