carlover

MUSIC SYSTEM for Wagon R

hi!

i hv recently purchased a Wagon R Vxi(Jan '09 delivery) and m lookin 4 a good music system.

my budget is around Rs.20k n i m lookin for the following:

HU + RR. Spks. + FR. Spks. + AMP + Sub.

i want rich n deep BASS from the system.

Plz advice me how do i mount my rear speakers n Sub.

which configuration will sound the best out of the following three, n also wht drawbacks do they have?:

1) both rear Speakers and Sub mounted in a MDF enclosure.

2) the speakers mounted on a MDF shelf, while the Sub installd in a Enclosure, kept below the shelf.

3) the Speakers n the Sub mounted on the MDF shelf.

plz note tht boot space is my concern, but as i am a Audiophile, i can compromise on it to get the best performance out of my system.

hi!

i hv recently purchased a Wagon R Vxi(Jan '09 delivery) and m lookin 4 a good music system.

my budget is around Rs.20k n i m lookin for the following:

HU + RR. Spks. + FR. Spks. + AMP + Sub.

i want rich n deep BASS from the system. also is it possible to buy a HU with steerinwheel mounted remote within my budget?

Plz advice me how do i mount my rear speakers n Sub.

which configuration will sound the best out of the following three' date=' n also wht drawbacks do they have?:

1) both rear Speakers and Sub mounted in a MDF enclosure.

2) the speakers mounted on a MDF shelf, while the Sub installd in a Enclosure, kept below the shelf.

3) the Speakers n the Sub mounted on the MDF shelf.

plz note tht boot space is my concern, but as i am a Audiophile, i can compromise on it to get the best performance out of my system.

[/quote']

First, your budget of 20k seems a little small for a full fledged setup with an amp and sub but we can try to fit it in. Do you have any affinity towards any brand or are open to any?

Out of the three options you have given for mounting the sub and rear speakers, the first one is out of the question and should never be done. The second one is ideal again depending on the sub. The third one can also be done and the advantage will be you have boot spare, which you want.

Even a decent system installed the correct way by a good installer will not be jarring and rattling. The jarring and rattling also depends on the car and its ability to keep up with the bass. Anyway what kind of music do you listen to? Are you going to be driving the car all the time as I was wondering whether you really need rear speakers or not. I don't have rear speakers in my car and I don't feel the need for them. The Wagon R is a small car, if you good speakers up front you don't need rear speakers.

well yes, i'll drive the car. but my dad will also drive it as we occasionaly swap cars. i listen to music with "drum n bass" n also remixes.

yes i do need speakers in the bck as the woofer wil be turnd off when my dad drives the car.

which head unit shud i go 4? i wnt one with USB port( front or bck doesnt matter)

Pioneer 6050UB - 8000 (Grey market)

Pioneer amp 4300F - 5000

Blaupunkt component speakers front - 5000

Pioneer/Blaupunkt/Kenwood rear speakers - 3000

Pioneer Free Air sub - 3000

Plus installation and wiring

All Pioneer is gray market as it makes sense buying from there than with B&W. All pricing is approximate and the budget just goes past 25000.......This is not a fixed setup you can change depending on your taste and preferences. I want you to spend more on the front speakers as your ears will be closer to them than the rear speakers. The HU is with USB as you wanted. I suggest you also visit some stores and listen to the speakers and HU's available and see what you like.

You can also try JBL for speakers as I believe they are good but personally I have never used them so can't comment.

thnx 4 the info dude.

how do i mount the sub n the front speakers?since u sugestd a free air sub, should i use a enclosure or mount it on a MDF shelf.

i guess the factory provided space in the dash wont house the components. where should i mount them? i dnt knw much about components, so plz help me on this.

as 4 the HU, i chkd out the 6050 UB. its gr8 n m goin 4 it.

u need 2 make mdf rings or spacers and u need 2 install them on side doors if u want components and i am using 6050 , and yea its a gr8 buy. Even i recommend

components for front doors . Use an enclosure for the sub.

Since you wanted the trunk space I suggested a free air sub so that you can mount it on a MDF plank in the centre, with the rear speakers in the sides.

Component spearkers are made of three parts, the crossover (which distributes the correct frequencies to the tweeter and the mid range speaker), the tweeters and the mid range speaker. I don't know how big a speaker the Wagon R can hold in its doors, you will have to check and find out. The tweeters can be mounted where the A pillar meets the dash. I suggest you go to a good installer and they will give some idea's. if you are not satisfied with his suggestion, we can discuss it here.

PMPO is the wrong way to measure sound. It stands for Peak music power output and its just a marketing jargon.

The correct way to measure sound is RMS which is Root Means Square.

PMPO is sometimes even 10 times the RMS for eg.: 800w PMPO could be 80 watts rms.

Always look at the RMS rating when you want to check sound output.

In car audio, output is also mentioned as maximum output which again is the peak output but here the difference is that it is double that of RMS. For eg: if an amp is 60watts maximum power out, it is actually 30watts RMS. RMS power will be mentioned as nominal or continuous power output.

can u plz explain the foolowing terminology related to amps?

4/3 channels stereo

2 Ch : 110W * 2 (maximum)

60W * 2 (rated)

1 Ch : 350W * 1 (maximum)

130W * 1 (rated)

these are the specs of a  600W - 4 channel amp.(Sony Xplod  XM-ZR604)

how does this amp make 600W? (i cant figure out if its RMS or PMPO)

can u plz tell me the corect way of wiring a woofer and two rear speakers to a 4 channel amp?

This is a 4 channel which can be used to run 2 or3 or 4 channels. 600w is total maximum power output so the total rms output will be around 300w at 14.4 volts. In real world your battery will only make around 12.5 volts so the power will come down even more.

The sony India website is a bit confusing and I think wrong with certain power outputs they have mentioned. Also I think you have made a mistake in the power outputs you have mentioned in your above post.

This is how you will wire this amp, there are 4 channels, channels 1 & 2 will go to the two speakers and for the sub you will have to bridge channels 3 & 4 to the subwoofer. Bridging means you will take the power of two channels and make it one so that the subwoofer gets more power and also it is just one speaker. So the speaker in channel 1 will get 60w rms and so will the other speaker and the subwoofer will get around 150w rms as it is getting bridged power. I hope you understand.