pryas

need your Serious Advice.

Before we get into the Petrol / Diesel controversy let us at leat find out the monthly mileage that pryas plans to do!!

Sorry, I missed the 1,000-1,400 per month. At this mileage it is touch and go as to which is better. I will personally prefer the petrol.

sgiitk2007-10-10 12:36:37

sx4 is a gud option for 7.4 laxcs. you will need to inc your budget.

skoda fabia is coming in jan08. shud have diesel engine & features required by you. shud be worth waiting for.

Hi Pryas,

In Autocar issue, I have read that Indica V2 Turbo comes featured with AirBags. So U can go ahead and buy it. U get decent economy of diesel + safety + space + good pickup (from turbo-diesel).

Sudeep.

hi pryas,

i feel that, the swift diesel would be the best option for you, if it had airbags.

it has good milege, resale value, refinement, ABS (An option.). But no Air Bag..!!!!

But my personal sujjession is that, you go for the ABS option.

what i feel is that, it is better to avoid accidents. So ABS will help you in this. And there is no Air Bag option. I feel, you will have to live with that(what to do, almost all our manufacturers are trying to cut the price by avoiding safety features.)

I personally feel that , swift diesel with ABS will be better option than Logan diesel with driver side airbag and no ABS.

I think, i saw you mension in some post that, you drive only about 70kmphr maximum.So i hope that, the seat belts will just do the job in protecting you. Always wear seat belts and drive safe. but there is a 'but'.. no air bags...!!

i feel, you can go to the dealer, and ask wheather, you can get Airbag fitted at the service station, (by buying seperate parts of air bas system and fitting it, without letting the maruti know smiley1.gif

and i will advice you, not to go for LPG conversion, because i have fitted LPG on my 800 and its milege figures are always fluctuating. i usually get 15kmpl for petrol in city driving and only 9- 10kmpl in LPG. so the LPG works out to be costing as high as petrol. and the 20000Rs, i have spent on LPG conversion proves to be a waste.

the carburreted cars used to give good milege on LPG, but the MPFi cars wont.

another option is Minda LPG kit at around 26000Rs(the same unit, which comes on Wagon R Duo. It will give good milege on MPFi cars, since it has a LPG+ air mixer, with a diaphram inside. But the problem is that, it is prone to get cloged by dust (in dusty areas), ang you will have to clean it every now and then

And there is another option too. that is kits with Injection system for LPG.(seperate LPG injectors will be fitted to intake manifold. and LPG system has seperate ECM) The STAR GAS will provide this at around 40000Rs. even though, it is very costly, it will return good milege, and drivability. i think some other brand is also available, at around 30000Rs.(i dont exactly know which brand is it).

and i will advice you' date=' not to go for LPG conversion, because i have fitted LPG on my 800 and its milege figures are always fluctuating. i usually get 15kmpl for petrol in city driving and only 9- 10kmpl in LPG. so the LPG works out to be costing as high as petrol. and the 20000Rs, i have spent on LPG conversion proves to be a waste.

the carburreted cars used to give good milege on LPG, but the MPFi cars wont.

another option is Minda LPG kit at around 26000Rs(the same unit, which comes on Wagon R Duo. It will give good milege on MPFi cars, since it has a LPG+ air mixer, with a diaphram inside. But the problem is that, it is prone to get cloged by dust (in dusty areas), ang you will have to clean it every now and then

And there is another option too. that is kits with Injection system for LPG.(seperate LPG injectors will be fitted to intake manifold. and LPG system has seperate ECM) The STAR GAS will provide this at around 40000Rs. even though, it is very costly, it will return good milege, and drivability. i think some other brand is also available, at around 30000Rs.(i dont exactly know which brand is it).

[/quote']

Man cars which give good Milage doesnot need a LPG conversion and i think you took a bad step by converting your 800 to LPG,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Thank you every body but i am not planning to buy any car recently as i saw the What car Mag yesterday and it says that there are many small cars to be launched in 08 and that is why i postphoned my buy!

Regards,

Priya

friends i need your serious seuggestions here. i am planning to buy a new car and this will be my first car. as there are lots of accidents here in my place i would like to have a car with AIRBAGS. i think i may do around 1000 - 1400 kms a month.

Just for info....

An AIRBAG will be completely useless you are wearing the seat belt.

AIRBAG is only the secondary restraining system and its the Seat Belt which is the primary restraining system. So unless, any driver's first step is not rite, second step is not going to help.

I wud like to mention a case that happened in my state. A Swift ZXi rammed into another vehicle (a lorry i suppose) and the driver got injured and he complained that his ZXi models airbag didn not work properly etc etc. And what Maruti dealer pointed out was that it is the drivers fault and not that of the Vehicles, because he wasn't wearing his seat belt in the first place. This happed sometime last year.

So, any of u guys who still are lazy to strap urself with that dull black piece that hangs from the B-piller of ur car, put back ur laziness and comfort in the back seat......

Yeah...... in the case I mentioned, the airbag of the Swift ZXi was torn or something. Usually airbag is meant to cushion off any forward moment and not to take the full force of body mass in an accident. More important atleast in our case is to go for a vehicle that has ABS. Its not to say AIRBAG is not useful, but ABS helps almost on every single drive. Thats not the case with an AIRBAG!

friends i need your serious seuggestions here. i am planning to buy a new car and this will be my first car. as there are lots of accidents here in my place i would like to have a car with AIRBAGS. i think i may do around 1000 - 1400 kms a month.

i don't know if ur an experienced driver. But since u mentioned that its your first car, I would recommend you to go in for a hatch. Since you have mentioned your preference for WagonR, you can also take a look at Santro.

Hyundai is also launching a Diesel variant of Santro, so running cost will be lower.

Both Wagon R & Santro come with an AIRBAG option. But remember that putting back an airbag after its one time "usage" will be costing over Rs.50,000/- and might be as high as 100,000/-, if my figures are right for the Swift.  But that one time use of that airbag might as well have costed you your car, so expect almost the bottom price in terms of re-sale value after a one time "usage" of AIRBAG.

Well my budget is around 4-6 lacs which can be stretched a little bit. also i would like to know wether one can fit Airbags aftermarket??? and can i ask the company wether i can get Airbags for Swift Diesel .

A good load of models fits inside your budget figures.

This is what  i expect fro my car -  good performance , ARIBAGS , Very good fuel efficiency and very good resale value. of course i thought of Swift ZXi but i did not like the milage figures of it so i cancelled it.

with the budget available you can choose from many models. 

Since you are a girl (hope i read your name right?), i guess you might in the last round of your selection be settling on the looks of the car. No offense meant. ok?! smiley1.gif

Can i buy WagonR VXi ABS and Fit LPG tank to it? and is there any problem to the engine(i know waranty will be VOID).
If there are any other cars please suggest me.i need your serious advice.
Thanking you all,
   PRIYA.

Yes, u can buy a VXi and fit an LPG kit.

But ask the dealer first for that option because, many dealers are having "collaboration" with LPG dealers for selling their kits. So what they normally do is to give 1 year warranty for the car if the customer fits the kit through the dealer itself. When doing so the rate of fitment will also be on the higher side.

As far as I know, there is no problem with the engine. The same kit that comes on factory fitted Maruti vehicles are available in the market. If you want to have longer drive, go in for the larger tanks (eats up boot space) else go for the spiral tank that can be placed in the spare wheel well. But it have only 20litres capacity.

Power loss will be there and it will show itself in the mileage also. So a LPG fitted vehicle will be giving lower mileage than when run in petrol mode. But the price difference of the fuel completely offsets that minute mileage difference.

yes..it is always better to go for torroidal LPG tanks. it will save a lot of space in your boot. but you will have to place your spare tyre in your boot. it will eat up some space, but there will be enogh space for the weekly shopping.

the wagon R's spare tyre space is large. so the 35 litre torroidal tank will fit there. (actual capacity will be 80% of total volume. ie, 35*.8=28 litres of LPG.)

dont go for ordinary LPG kits. go for the kit, which comes on Wagon R duo, the MINDA kit.

also ask about the LPG injection kit. it will give good fuel efficiency as well as it wont affect the performance much. it will be more expensive though.

yes.. it is always better not to go for LPG conversion (from my own experience).

go for CNG version, if available. but it will eat into almost the whole ****y space. better get a logan petrol and get CNG-fied, if CNG is available in your town

yes.. it is always better not to go for LPG conversion (from my own experience).
go for CNG version' date=' if available. but it will eat into almost the whole ****y space. better get a logan petrol and get CNG-fied, if CNG is available in your town[/quote']

Hey dude there is No CNG availabble in mangalore and ofcourse she has already mentioned she has dropped her idea about buying a new car recently so its better we keep silent till then,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Airbags are not for one time use and can be used over and over, only the airbag module needs to be changed after each release, also the module cast is born by the Insurance Company for which it charges an additional premium along with your normal Annual Premium.