FuelRunGod

New Hyundai i20 Test Drive Report

Can u plz give review on Audio System

Checked it out IN THE FLESH. The Audio System is good. The treble is slightly lacking, which can easily be compensated by a good set of tweeters. The bass and mids are awesome for such a small car!!!

One Question..

The interiors are black and beige right??

I read on some other forums that the interiors had some weird color combination.

Personally, it looks pretty good to me. Could someone maybe post a few more pics..

One Question..
The interiors are black and beige right??
I read on some other forums that the interiors had some weird color combination.
Personally' date=' it looks pretty good to me. Could someone maybe post a few more pics..
[/quote'] all this depends on ones choice.......

here are pics of interiors...personally, i just love them!:-)

83033d1230475714t-i-20-got-all-23.jpg

83035d1230475714t-i-20-got-all-25.jpg

hyundai_i20_2.jpg

Ritzy even i had a same question..

Ya even i like these interiors but then even hyundai sites shows that black-beige combination interiors..

I think will have to check out once the car comes in my city..

But to me both interiors are really good, even that black-beige combinations looks rich and arent bright, so its good but these brown-beige interiors looks rich as i have seen them in some very expensive cars only..
bluesapphire2008-12-30 09:25:55

Exactly.. I m fine with both the interior combinations.. maybe we will get to choose between the two combinations.. maybe not..

anywez, i feel this is a very very attractive car and at a very reasonable price..definitely worth buying...

Hatz off to Hyundai International.... smiley1.gif

We got a great product here. The car looks fresh and leaves back all those outdated designs.

At last India gets to feel the cars which are designed for the future.

To me rear legroom seamed fine for most people. It looked it the front car seat can slide back a lot more than other cars. If the front seat is moved a the way back then definately not much leg room is left, but that should be the case for most people

i_icon_minipost.gifSubject: Re: Driven - Hyundai i20!   i_icon_minitime.gifToday at 2:40 pm

31122015.jpg
31122016.jpg
31122017.jpg
31122018.jpg
chenna10.jpg
chenna11.jpg

i_icon_minipost.gifSubject: Re: Driven - Hyundai i20!   i_icon_minitime.gifToday at 2:40 pm

31122015.jpg
31122016.jpg
31122017.jpg
31122018.jpg
chenna10.jpg

31122015.jpg
31122016.jpg
31122017.jpg
31122018.jpg

31122015.jpg
31122016.jpg
31122015.jpg

31122014.jpg

31122013.jpg

31122010.jpg

well i also went to check out that car and it was really awesome..

The build quality was too good, the interiors were well built, and the interiors were in brown only, the rear space and boot space was decent, and steering was awesome..

But unfortunately the Test Drive wasnt available at that time..

The car i saw was in White color

Last week I went to my local dealer to look into i20.

There were no vehicle for test drive.

The model which was available was Asta.

Interiors were available with Beige and brown. Brown is little new to India I guess.

Alloy were available shod with 195/65/R13. 14" could have been better.

Space is really huge and It can eat 5 adults easily.

Look from exterior was very pleasing as well.

but wat is my surprise is inspite of getting excise duty benefits Hyundai positions this above swift at around 30K -  40K.

Due to this the VFM is still a ?

I tried wangling a test drive but they say that it's only on display and TD vehicles will take another ten day's to come. Source HMP, Chennai. I booked a TD online got a call promptly and they have redirected HMP to me but sadly have to wait another 10 days...

guys do u think its really gud to compare i20 with swift...to me premium hatch mean which offer much better space than small hatches ...in todays market where u get all feautures in small cars e.g i10 ..then only reason left to go 4 premium hatches is better space , better build and quality...but swift wheelbase is 2390mm which is close to i10's wheelbase which is 2380mm ...and build and quality is even inferior to i10...so why people r comparing i20 to swift ...its clear defamation to i20...which is in competition to fabia ,punto ,jazz ,and fiesta hatch ...so plz stop defaming this beutiful premium hatch while comparing it to tiny swift ...

with no offense...

Premium hatch is not only space!

Its performance , style, handling , stability@ high speed etc. it shd be a complete package.

if one  need only space .. better to go for a stationwagon.

Swifts downsize is only little less bootspace and interiors but it is outpasted with its performance, pickup, handling, and amazing stability.

its fun to drive and exciting.

I dont think its worth spending close to 6 lakh just for a 1.2l powered i20.

what to do with six airbags if the vehicle doesnt have power.

Korean brands dont have any good history, no rally pedigree and no circuit experience... Today's race car technology are tomorrow's road car essentials... like the ABS, limited slip diffs, traction control, paddle shift... all these stuff started their duty on rally and F1 and then made it to road cars. I d rather go for brands with proper automotive history....

i20 is feature packed n looks promising... its got airbags for your knees and balls too !!... even looks awesome... but whats the point of launching it with the same kappa engine from i10... all that heavy equipment will bog it down... they should have brought it out with a 1.6... and its far too pricey...

Another hot hatch and which maybe a revolution in the segment could be Honda Jazz...

Hopefully other good launches this year might be Renault Megane, VW Golf...

with no offense...

Its performance ' date=' style, handling , stability@ high speed etc. it shd be a complete package.

Swifts downsize is only little less bootspace and interiors but it is outpasted with its performance, pickup, handling, and amazing stability.

[/quote'] all premium hatches have good stability...And swift doesnt only lacks space, but even Quality which is important..

And atleast Koreans are better than Indo-Jap..

with no offense...

JEEEESUS CHRIST!

A high powered engine is not a prerequisite for airbags..where did this logic come from?

For all you know, you could be stationary and a truck could hit you from the sides, the front or the back..Maybe then the importance of 6 airbags will be clear..

Instead of lauding Hyundai for giving these safety features, were raining down criticism on them..

As for the engine, Hyundai didnt really have a choice, did they? They could have given us a 1.4l engine, said ta-ta to the excise duty cuts, forced to price the car around 40-50k higher and have the i20 labelled as 'overpriced'..Had that been the case, they need not have launched the car in the first place..

Instead they had to give us the 1.2l engine which i agree is not ideal for the car..

In the end they had to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea..

I think for the kind of features it comes with, the superb overall quality, spacious interiors...4.8 lakhs is a fair price..

Theres no free lunch out there, nor is Hyundai on a charity drive..Features and good quality come at a cost..

A high powered engine is not a prerequisite for airbags..where did this logic come from?

quite right, and Hyundai have done a good job introducing this feature to the Indian market for a car this size. I think though they should have provided both a diesel and/or a more powerful engine as an option - even if it meant paying more

or maybe hyundai are trying to make amends for their 110bhp verna, that has all that power, and 0 airbags smiley17.gif
FuelRunGod2009-01-07 10:22:40

Its performance ' date=' style, handling , stability@ high speed etc. it shd be a complete package.

[/quote']

Completely agree with your point.

i20 is mere  features only, all show & no real go!