FuelRunGod

New Hyundai i20 Test Drive Report

Have the deliveries of i20 begun?

Haven't seen even a single car onroad since launch!

Edit: Thanks BS, yes this is what most of the manufacturers are doing these days, but I personally do not like such practice.

Hyundai is also going to push as many petrol i20's before the launch of diesel variant.
BornFree2009-01-19 14:05:06

Nope..the delivery is yet to begin as majority of dealers have only single cars for demo and that too only for display and not TD...It will take atleast 25days or more for deliveries..

I think Hyundai was in hurry to launch this car on 29th when they arent prepared for deliveries...I guess it was for being nominated for awards..

But i have noticed that nowadays all companies do this thing only..After launcing no car is available for atleast 2weeks and probably more..

Well today when i was coming from college, i saw a grey i20 outside showroom, and there was white too for display, but this Grey one was Magna version of i20....The wheel caps though were good looking..

I hope it was for delivery..

Well, here the dealer was only having White asta previously and this Grey wasnt as good as i10's and actually it isnt exactly Grey...And i saw 1st i20 MAGNA here...Yes it seems that deliveries are on..

Hope we see some on roads soon.

i just read the latest issue of Autobild and was SHOCKED  by the swift vs i20 vs Fabia camparo.forget the final verdict. Just check out their test figures. by that i mean the 0-60, 0-100, the roll-on figures(30-80 etc)...it goes totally against what is being said abt the i20..am having trouble believing those figures

I mean the popular public perception about the i20 being underpowered..

according to the mag, the i20 is better than both the swift and fabia...thats ok, not entirely unexpected.

but the test figures and data are totally unexpected..check this out..

0-60

i20==5.2 ; fabia = 6.1  ; swift = 5.8

0-100

i20 = 12.9 ; fabia = 16.2 ; swift = 13.8.

30-80

i20 = 11.3 ; fabia = 11.1 ; swift = 12.6

40-100

i20 = 19.5 ; fabia = 20.3 ; swift = 23.3

80-120

i20 = 22.3 ; fabia = 20.9 ; swift = 31.5

sounds crazy, doesnt it?

also hyundai is marginally ahead than both in terms of mileage as well.

now, either these are true or theres a whole bunch of typos..i spotted a few myself..eg..i20 seems to have a sunroof(asta) and a 300 litre boot..

not sure what to make of it..

arjun, i30 is not yet launched here mate.

viraj, as said earlier, no point of comparing i20 with swift, but with fabia and upcoming new hatchbacks. Your figures says i20 better then fabia and swift along with rich features available in it.Hmm...

@thackervijay

arre, these are not my figures..i just quoted these from a magazine..even i feel the fabia is the i20s only competitor till punto/ jazz come along..swift belongs to a different segment in every which way.

well yes even i read those figures in Autobild...but infact swift is no comparision to i20 and fabia...

Well today i also saw 3-4 i20's outside the showroom which includes 2 magna models, one asta and another asta inside the showroom..

hello all, i had a look at new i20 few days ago but was not able to get test drive as they didnt had a vehicle for that. Its a neat work done on this new vehicle, but what i thought was this car would be bigger then getz, but to my surprise, the rear seats are not even that comfortable as my indica, getz rear seats seemed more better then i20, else its rich with features as you all discussed here, with good 295L of boot space for a hatch, but i thought they could have given few more inches on its rear seats then this.Also to mention that if you are 6" then steering also gets very closer to your thighs, which again i didnt liked it as compared to my indica, so i cant pay 6 and half for just features only.

@Saurabh: The Indica steering is an 'anomaly', I think you have got used to the high placed steering in the Indica. Moreover, the i20 steering is adjustable for reach and rake, first in it's class. About the rear seat in the Indica, you must be loving it for sure. Can't compare Indica and i20, like comparing a Tractor to a Honda City.

I have a question about eletrically folding side mirrors in i20. Are they still spring loaded and flexible like manual ones. Asking coz in bangalore every few months either a motor cycle or bus hits my esteems side mirrors. So far because they are spring loaded and have some flexibility they haven't broken.

If there were more rigid they would have broken many times over I think. I will consider only asta version of i20 'coz of airbags, but am concerned about electrically folding side view mirrors. Any ideas?