FuelRunGod

New Hyundai i20 Test Drive Report

You just cant compare 2 cars which have same engine and rest are built on completely different platform..

why not? people do that all the time. his neighbour did. I  do. thousands of consumers worldwide are doing it. manufacturers do. what you can't do is speculate about a person's financial position by reading a comment on a forum that is an opinion about cars.

You just cant compare 2 cars which have same engine and rest are built on completely different platform..

why not? people do that all the time. his neighbour did. I  do. thousands of consumers worldwide are doing it. manufacturers do. what you can't do is speculate about a person's financial position by reading a comment on a forum that is an opinion about cars.

I agree with BS. If engine is same and segments are different you just cant compare the two. Else why not compare Linea  with Palio. Both have the same 1.3 Mjd. I am getting the same engine and I save 4 lakhs.

I agree with BS. If engine is same and segments are different you just cant compare the two. Else why not compare Linea  with Palio. Both have the same 1.3 Mjd. I am getting the same engine and I save 4 lakhs.

good point, which is probably why Fiat and TATA in the Palio and Indica are not offering the 90BHP version of the same engine, which would otherwise cannibalise sales from a segment above. as you can see, people do make comparisons - and this ommission is a tacit understanding of that fact, and manipulation of the consumer.

I am not saying that people dont make comparisons I am just saying that it is not the right way to judge the car.

When you buy a car you not only buy an engine but also space, comfort, features and much more.

Even santro and i10 share the engine. Does any i10 buyer thinks about buying a santro instead of i10 because of that reason

I am not saying that people dont make comparisons I am just saying that it is not the right way to judge the car.
When you buy a car you not only buy an engine but also space' date=' comfort, features and much more.

Even santro and i10 share the engine. Does any i10 buyer thinks about buying a santro instead of i10 because of that reason [/quote']

am sure several do. that's why Hyundai keep selling it. and that's why they're now doing a facelift.

whether it's the right or wrong way to judge a car is left to the consumer to decide. it's his or her money. I am just saying that it's inappropriate to reflect on someone's economic status as a result of his thought process.

Well when somebody's thinking is wrong so i have to say something regarding him..

And if thats the case, why anybody doesnt compares Dzire with Swift, why coz its Maruti, a company which is loved by everyone so nobody will say anything regarding that....And if one has good budget and he wants features, space, better interiors, comfort, handling, etc then he will just not see the engine but whole car itself and when he doesnt needs all this and just a car that drives well then he will select Swift and not i10 coz he has budget.....Anyone who buys i10 leaving i20 its only because i20 is expensive and not because they have same engines...

Even 800 and Alto have same engines, even Estilo and wagonR have same engine, why nobody compares them...
bluesapphire2009-02-18 13:48:17

Well BS is right.

And diablo no one is commenting on your friend's financial condition, may be he didn't feel like going for i20 since it was more expensive, BS is not saying that he couldn't afford it.

Some people don't feel the need to go for an expensive car even though they can afford one.

Well BS is right.
And diablo no one is commenting on your friend's financial condition' date=' may be he didn't feel like going for i20 since it was more expensive, BS is not saying that he couldn't afford it.
Some people don't feel the need to go for an expensive car even though they can afford one.[/quote']

tanmay

(1) he is not my friend, in fact I have no idea who he is

(2) I quote from BS' earlier post: ''so its like your neighbour might have no budget for i20 and thus is satisfying himself by saying that both have same engine so whats the use of i20...''

I think ''no budget for i20'' is clearly a statement that he can't afford it. while I appreciate your point of view, it would help if you read the posts prior smiley1.gif

Hey daiblo, no budget means he is not willing to spend and not his financial ability, he might have thought that there is no sense in spending extra for i20 coz its expensive or may be not in his budget...Lets say my budget is 13lac, its not that i cant buy car beyond that but for a car i am not willing to pay more than that amount, i hope you got me...I am not commenting on his financial ability but on hi willingness or budget...And yes as tanmay said i am not saying that he could not afford it...

Hey daiblo' date=' no budget means he is not willing to spend and not his financial ability, he might have thought that there is no sense in spending extra for i20 coz its expensive or may be not in his budget...Lets say my budget is 13lac, its not that i cant buy car beyond that but for a car i am not willing to pay more than that amount, i hope you got me...I am not commenting on his financial ability but on hi willingness or budget...And yes as tanmay said i am not saying that he could not afford it...[/quote']

fair enough bluesapphire, though I think we wouldn't have to resort to these circular discussions if manufacturers simply gave us all the engine options available internationally to start with smiley18.gif

Well giving many options means good amount of investment and i suppose hyundai first want to see the market and then can give us something otherwise like abroad to many manufacturers we indians do not deserves many options in single car, it create confusion...Our thinking is different from other country's peoples...And Hyundai was not even planning to launch this car itself seeing slow response to its Getz which was a super-duper hit and considered as one of the best hatches worldwide, but hyundai did as they were exporting the model from here and thus they are not making any different model for india i suppose, the model we are getting are export ones only as we are getting many features not because hyundai was willing to give but because it was for Europian market and other countries...Thus if this one is getting good response its bonus to them coz the company isnt expecting much...And if they would had given 1.6, then also majority would have critisized them so no use...We are FE hungry people and for some performance hungry which are in low numbers a company cant give powerful engines...And if hyundai is getting good response continuously then it will surely bring 1.4CRdi this year itself..

And again am saying that you cant expect what other countries are getting coz majority of indians do not welcome them so companies are not to blame at all...
bluesapphire2009-02-19 07:26:30

HYUNDAI i20 DIESEL DETAILS!

Hyundai India plans to launch diesel variants of the i20 to get a larger chunk of the smaller car market share. The Indian subsidiary of Hyundai, which has a 25% market share in the 800,000 small car segment in the country, already makes diesel version of the i20 at its Chennai plant for exports. But in India, Hyundai markets only the petrol variant.

Hyundai may strap the 1.4 litre CRDi diesel engine in the i20 premium hatchback, which is currently being exported to Europe and other overseas markets. The smaller engine will allow Hyundai to take advantage of concessional 8% excise duty levied on smaller cars. The diesel version of i20 is expected to be priced between Rs 5-6 lakh, 20-25% more than the petrol version.

The 1.4 litre CRDi engine that offers an 88 BHP of power is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of around 20 km per litre of fuel. Hyundai also has a more powerful 1.6 litre diesel version, which is exported, but may not be launched in India due to its high price.

The i20 diesel is expected to come in twin variants. These will be pitted against the hugely popular Maruti

good news vibs, expect this diesel version to be between 6L to 7L range as already its petrol variants of top two Asta and Asta O ranges between 6.4 and 6.7L so atleast 30K more for diesel ones i guess.

this is great.

so should i wait for it?

i had done the booking of the petrol one.

i think that the diesel will be very powerful and efficient..

Hi Spearhead1909

U can expect the 1.4L DOHC petrol engine to be introduced too around or before the diesel launch. Hyundai has already got lots of feedback through the dealers that people are unhappy with the current 1.2L Kappa being offered. Hence most likely the 1.4L petrol (100 bhp) and 1.4L CRDi (89 or 74 bhp) would be launched. The 1.2L Kappa version may be restricted to the base trim like the Magna and the higher versions may get the 1.4L petrol engine. I have a friend on Team-bhp.com who works with a company that supplies some components to Hyundai and he is the source of this information.

Warm regards,

Venkat smiley1.gif

this is great.

so should i wait for it?

i had done the booking of the petrol one.

i think that the diesel will be very powerful and efficient..

Hi Spearhead1909

U can expect the 1.4L DOHC petrol engine to be introduced too around or before the diesel launch. Hyundai has already got lots of feedback through the dealers that people are unhappy with the current 1.2L Kappa being offered. Hence most likely the 1.4L petrol (100 bhp) and 1.4L CRDi (89 or 74 bhp) would be launched. The 1.2L Kappa version may be restricted to the base trim like the Magna and the higher versions may get the 1.4L petrol engine. I have a friend on Team-bhp.com who works with a company that supplies some components to Hyundai and he is the source of this information.

Warm regards' date='

Venkat smiley1.gif

[/quote']

Thats great news. By doing this Hyundai would answer the only little niggle with this car. Honda would seriously need to look at its pricing now unless it doesnt want to lose substantial no. of customers to Hyundai. GP will be the apt competitor in terms of price but it remains to be seen how much faith people have in Fiat.

thanks venkat for the lovely news..

i think that i should wait for the newer engines...

1.2L is not meant for the enthusiasts i guess..

though the car in the first two gears zooms away on the road..

but still it needs a better engine for the weight i has to pull..

for quality..it is way ahead of the competition.even better than the hondas..

guyz..

i have dropped my plans for the i20..

i will be going for the diesel i20 now whenever it is launched..

for now i am buying my nanu's 2005 santro xing for 1.90lacs..

i'll drive the corolla of my dad..

while santro will be driven by mom..

the thing is that dad wants to buy his accord soon...

so mauja hi mauja..till then i'll rev up on my corolla...

but still waiting for i20 diesel..

it simply rocks