vibhor

Honda Activa Makeover!

smiley1.gifYes ! And Honda insists that this is not the regular change of stickers or addition of more colour options (as Honda has been doing for the past 7 years). Honda is quite serious this time, and people ready to buy the Activa have a very good reason to wait till March 2009. Honda Activa the master piece and sales phenomenon from Honda Motor Cycle India (HMSI) is set to take a rebirth - How cool is that news?

Activa has definitely re-written the scooter arena in India by conquering the minds of Indian customers. With its first of a kind, well refined 102CC engine with silky smooth smoothness, it worked well for Honda and its customers - just like Bajaj

Hi,

it seems this is the origin of the topic  www.wheelosphere.org/honda-activa-to-take-rebirth/ 

Others folowed the story, but vicky.in says Aviator engine, all are different. May due course of time further details will get revealed.

As far as I know' date=' Activa, Dio and Aviator shares the same engine.[/quote']

Thanks for the news vibhor dear. Crazy Cat Yes they do-thats the 102cc powerplant.The Aviator has front discs as an option and is fitted with the motorbike like front shock absorbers that are safer and also feature in the Suzuki Access.

HMSIL has become the second largest two wheeler maker in India as per the last month's sales figures beating Bajaj Auto.

They are perhaps wary about the Suzuki Access and the new Yamaha scooters due for launch. So they have to innovate with the best selling Activa now.

Whoa! Vibhor' date=' Good Scoop! I cant Wait for this one! I hope they make a sporty version. I am planning to buy a Dio soon, if parents permit!! smiley17.gif[/quote']

u and a dio??

come on i suggest u get a bike!!

I would like to give my observation here. The Honda Activa as a product has degraded in the years.

When it was introduced it was a hit as there was no competiition to compare it with. But now if you place a year old activa besides a year old suzuki access the detoriation of the Activa is glaring. the plastics are hard and start fading and become gray. The gear box and the engine make grating noises.

The rubber parts become hard. The floor board rubber starts deforming, the scooter bolts and panel fits start rattling.

It is shocking that in such a short space of time a premium priced vehicle can get so badly affected.

Honda seems to have taken its brand image for granted in India. I strongly advise you to do this comparo before selecting a Honda product. They are not what they use to be.

Suzuki on the other hand have a superb product with the Access, the fit finish, the tightness of the vehicle is beyond compare.

The best thing about the suspension is that what ever you throw at it, it does not bottom or rattle.

I would like to give my observation here. The Honda Activa as a product has degraded in the years.

When it was introduced it was a hit as there was no competiition to compare it with. But now if you place a year old activa besides a year old suzuki access the detoriation of the Activa is glaring. the plastics are hard and start fading and become gray. The gear box and the engine make grating noises.

The rubber parts become hard. The floor board rubber starts deforming' date=' the scooter bolts and panel fits start rattling.

It is shocking that in such a short space of time a premium priced vehicle can get so badly affected.

Honda seems to have taken its brand image for granted in India. I strongly advise you to do this comparo before selecting a Honda product. They are not what they use to be.

Suzuki on the other hand have a superb product with the Access, the fit finish, the tightness of the vehicle is beyond compare.

The best thing about the suspension is that what ever you throw at it, it does not bottom or rattle.

[/quote']

Aniruddha,

I am hoping that they will take care of all that with the New Activa due in March 09.

Activa may get the Aviators alloys and other features as well keeping the same shape...

I am yet to actually TD the Access so cant give my 2 cents worth on it..

yes CC agree but with its engine refinment and ride quality, one does forget for its plastics as then only its been top in charts in gearless scooters for some time now, hope to see better plastics in its new model.

In ACI Feb issue

This Month features Refreshed Activa soon....

"Honda

is likely to launch a facelifted version of its hugely successful

Activa scooter in later March this year. Though details remain sketchy

for the moment, the revamped Activa is likely to be offered in two

variants, with an Activa Deluxe joining the line-up. The Activa Deluxe

is expected to be offer additional features such as an illuminated

luggage box and combined braking that balances the engagement of both

front and rear brakes."

I have been eagerly waiting for this one since Dec...

................and combined braking that balances the engagement of both front and rear brakes...........

Aww Shucks...That means we cant do massive burnouts on the Activa Anymore!!   smiley17.gif

Whoa! Vibhor' date=' Good Scoop! I cant Wait for this one! I hope they make a sporty version. I am planning to buy a Dio soon, if parents permit!! smiley17.gif[/quote']
u and a dio??
come on i suggest u get a bike!!

I already have two bikes. A First Batch Pulsar DTSi with spoke wheels and the Third IND-SUZUKI AX-100 to be sold in India. We are the first owners, It is in Absolutely original condition insluding paint, All reflectors and All Bulbs!! All that has been changed are the Tyres and the Mirrors. Everything else is 100% original Japnesse. But, Neither of the two are in bombay. And the Dio is a perfect blend of Performance and Sportyness. And it is the best looking MotoScooter too! I love it. 
CYRUS432009-02-07 10:05:48