vibhor

Honda Activa Makeover!

Well i think everybody is impressed by the Honda Lead which to some will be next Activa but let me tell you that the same model is already available in india with 2-3 electric scooter companies like Hero, Ultra's Marathon and Ninja's also...so although i like it but still nothing special and thus Honda will not bring the same because Chinese companies as i said are already with same model...

Well this is the pic of Honda Lead..

Honda-Activa-dx.jpg

This is Ultra motors Marathon..

Marathon_1024X768.jpg

And there are couple of other companies also which are having the same model...

Now though Honda's design might be original but i dont think that now Honda will bring the same model here..

What do you guys think

@ Cyrus : U can't go wrong with the Dio, i owned it for 3 years and i loved it's sporty feel and hardly had any issues with it.

I sold it when i got a bike.

Some of my friends preferred to go for the Activa but Activa was too conservative for me.

Yes, its light but then if its broken in traffic, you need to get whole body replaced while with Activa and all which have metal body needs only to get repaired or if its small one you can even live with it, no need to replace or get it repaired..

Honda is planning a new Activa with a powerful engine. Now sources close to Honda confirmed us that Honda has already unveiled the scooter to selected people few days back. The new Activa gets an 110cc engine with more power output. Honda will also claim an improved mileage or fuel efficiency figure of Activa 110cc over the current one. But the new design of Activa 110cc is said to have limited the fuel tank capacity. The new activa 110cc will come in two variants - activa and activa deluxe.  Bookings will start around 25th of March but the official launch will happen only on 1st or 2nd week of April. NanoMania might be the cause

Honda will introduce two mass market vehicles in the current fiscal (2008-2009), of which one would be a scooter and an unknown other model. More details have evolved on the new scooter. The new scooter would be new Activa. But read it carefully, it will be facelifted but not a plain sticker job which we have been witnessing for years. The new activa will get a new engine sourced from Aviator. However the the variomatic transmission will be carried forward from the current one. The new activa will come in two variants - activa and activa deluxe. Activa deluxe will be the top end variant and would boast additional features and will come at a premium. Honda will also introduce new practical features with the launch of new activa. Expect the new activa before April 2009.

Aviator's engine is quite similar to Activa's with some changes, but the CC of both bikes are 102. If new Activa gets this engine, then how come the CC be 110.

The unknown bike may be a 150cc, as far as i've heard.

Honda Activa: Ever since she made her debut, she is not a show-stopper. Infact one of the reason for her success is said to be her no non-sense styling. Honda has carefully worked to keep its simple and attractive. New amoeboid headlamp, clear lens winkers at the front and the rear and a slighty reshaped apron makes it afresh. A new chunky, aluminium alloy rear grab rail carried from the aviator and the foldable pillion foot pegs are welcome changes. Still,

On the engineering front, ergonomics has improved a bit. Thanks to the increased height, Activa has become taller and hence the saddle position is raised by 5mm. But Activa