SADASHIVAKAMATH

suggestion on sedan

Im been using Santro Xing XG (power steering) for last 3 years. Im looking for 1.3 litres to 1.6 litres car with price between 7L to 9L. Im using max. 1000 kms/month. Pl. suggest me which is best car. I had taken test drives of Honda City, Verna, Fiesta, SX4, Aveo. Suggest which is better one? Im looking for car focussed on drivers delight and good HP

if you are looking for the drivers car then i think its ford fiesta 1.6 and also verna 1.5 crdi vgt and honda city and SX4 are good value for money and SX4 is overall a good car specially the features that you are getting in zxi at this price tag its truely mouth watering...

Go either for

SX4 - Overall best car in its segement for the pric

CITY- overall good but a bit costly when compared with the SX4 and its varinats Features.

You may also try the Fiesta 1.6 fida addition its good.

The Diesel is the Best with 110 Bhp but petrol has noo much demand as diesels in great demand. if you are looking at Verna then its better you avoid th epetrol and go for the Diesel.

The Verna is good. But if you want a complete driver's car, go for the Fiesta. It's got really good handling out of the two.

But fiesta in diesel form is quite slow. If buying diesel, Verna. If buying petrol Fiesta 1.6.

FRG

Guys are you forgetting the Cedia it is a good driver focussed car and is used in rally championships. I love its performance and its a driver delight .It is quiet popular in Russian market because they know that Japnese technology is the best and specially with Mistu-

Hi get yourself the new Honda City ZX VTEC with ABS and mp3 player. The VTEC engine belts out 100 bhp which results in great driving experience and Honda definitely has a better brand value than Maruti (SX4).

If u're particular about a diesel go for the Verna VGT as suggested by most forum members.

The V-TEC is way above priced ,the refinement is god but a bad VFM SX4 is the best VFM. Verna VGT is a class apart ,but you can also try Fiesta duratorq its good on driving dynamics.

I will advice you to go with verna crdi (diesel), firstly its a diesel machine and it is well in competetion when compared with sx4 or fiesta...the later are fuel thirsty being petrol..

Verna is a drivers car,it is refined and provide with VGT which pushes the car like petros

Fiesta is also available in Diesel . You can go for 1.4 SXi in which you will get more acessories like alloy mp3 etc..It costs 9.5 on road price. rssh2007-10-09 10:31:21

Fiesta is also available in Diesel . You can go for 1.4 SXi in which you will get more acessories like alloy mp3 etc..It costs 9.5 on road price. 

Still i will stand by verna bcos its CRDI + VGT + 1.5 LTR + larger and seems to be more reliable.

If you want economy then you can try Cedia LPG .According to Autocar the cars performance doesnot drop even in LPG mode.

If you are buying Verna VGT then put aftermarket alloys .Look at the tires topic in the Forum.

It is horses for courses. With 1000km/month is a diesel really justified? The  maintenance costs of a diesel are higher than petrol, which offsets the cheaper fuel. Add to the higher cost of a diesel, and the poorer NVH.

It is true that the Verna petrol is probably just there for the name. The Fiesta petrol may be somewhat better.

I think I read somewhere that of the two diesels the Verna is a better highway car while the Fiesta is better for town driving. They are very closely matched so it boils down to personal  factors.