SADASHIVAKAMATH

suggestion on sedan

SX4 anyday......Honda City was once a very good option.....but its due for another model change.

besides....SX4 has better features......and somebody mentioned optra magnum....good choice.....stretch ur budget 4 it!

well steering of Swift is better in its segement when compared with Getz and UVA SX4's steering is quite good and it differs from person to person well i just told you my opinion. SX4 for Petrol and Verna CRDi for Diesel.smiley20.gif

U r telling dat ur mileage will be 1000km/month....so please do go for a petro car,nowadays if you you go to calculate the running and maintenance cost put together at the end of 1 or 2 yrs den you will find that petrol cars are much much cheaper...and if in petrol, you can alwys go for SX4...it rocks at its price...maruti/suzuki spares and service network is always the best at the customers end.

I think I either posted it in the wrong thread or forgot to post

Go for the City. Bullet proof quality and durability. It is over-priced somewhat but so be it.

In three years time you will know what I mean.

Ya i agree no competition with the city. in long term its the best...I hav old city 1.3 dx from past 5 years it still feels new.....After all to compete HONDA in refinement and quality factor is really tough....go for it its the BEST 

According to mee the resale value of Honda City and Sx4 will be quite good say about around 4 -5.5 Lacs same resale may also hold for Verna  but as Verna was Launched in Diesel the Petrol in the USed car market will have lesser resale value. 

Resale Value of a car depends on the Cost and Demand. the Bigger the Car the bigger Depreciation. but as Honda City and SX4 are the Hot Favorites it will not affect the resale value for quite some time say for about 3 years minimum is what i feel. dont try to go for Verna Petrol.if it is Petrol that you are Considering then surely there will be no mistake in going in for SX4 or the CIty.  

Some questions regarding Honda City ZX

(1) Honda City ZX EXI/GXI models are 10th year edition? OR only VTEC is 10th year edition?

(2) for past how many years City ZX EXI/GXI models  are being on the road? Honda will stop production of these models in near future?

All are minor upgrades. While the City is due for a major upgrade (read total revamp) next year (FRG may have better information) I have not seen a major drop in the resale of Mk.I after Mk.II was launched, so that should not be a problem. Spares also should be available for, say another 6-8 years!  

If you love to drive look no further than the Fiesta 1.6 sxi decent ride quality and excellent handling and communicative chassis. If you love to be driven in look no further than verna crdi good ride quality and totally lifeless handling let the driver worry about that.

i have tried all three cars.

dont buy verna petrol. it will loose its realse the fastes & have heard not giving good mileage also.

that leaves sx4 & city.

noone can beat HONDA. its more prestegious & a delight to drive.

sx4 is only cheaper. honda will retain its resale also more.

fule consumption of honda is way ahead of competioitn.

only thing is they may change the model in late 2008.

but that wont impact realse alos. the old city still sells with good resale.

city has more luxurious interiors also than sx4. sx4 just cant match in terms of quality.

also sx4 rear bench cannot seat three people comfortably. head rest too protruding.

your head touches the sides of the car also.

GO FOR CITY ONLY.