SADASHIVAKAMATH

suggestion on sedan

Verna diesel is without any question, winner. Its got the most powerful engine and its so powerful that you won't notice that you are driving a diesel car.

My choices of the car will be (Considering the budget of 7-8 Lakhs)

Verna CRDI

Cedia (Basic Version-Not sure if its price is under 8 Lakhs, however I don't mind paying another 50-60K more to get Cedia)

SX 4 -Complete Value for money car, though its got small issues with rear seat space etc but overall good car.

Honda City - Not on my list, as I always feel that honda cars are way overpriced.

hi..

between honda city v-tech and verna diesel..

go for verna. its more economical. hyundai service is better, though bit expensive than honda. but you will save that much and more on the fuel bills. mind you, honda v-tech wont give very high milege like honda iDSI engine (under-powered, producing only 77 bhp). Any way, it will better than sx4 (not much).

on fuel efficiency figures, 1st- honda city.. 2nd sx4.. 3rd verna petrol, 4th fiesta 1.6.

So i will advice you to go for sx4. It has decent fuel efficiency, best Service, Cheap spares, very good resale value. Maruti vehicles are very reliable...upto the honda and toyota standards. take my word for that.. but it wont give the luxury feel of honda because of the plasticky interiors... but..you save about 1.5 lakhs when compared to v. tech and getting better features. and decent fuel efficiency too. my friend's sx4 gives 13knpl (city without a/c) and 18kmpl(highway)

IT will always be a better option by seeing your Monthly running Incase your monthly running is above 1000 kms go for the Verna diesel or else stay with the Honda city.

but if you have any interest in buying the iDSI engine, its very practical... who can neglect the earth shattering economy...? it is drivable too because of the high torque at low rpm. dont expect similar economy from the v-tech.

but ooh.. honda!!!!!!!!! why did you offer ABS and Airbag, only in the v-tech varient....?????????

Yea i agree with you carispassion  and i know that he had already taken many sedans into the choice like SX4 , Fiesta , Aveo , City and verna but i think he liked the VErna Diesel and the Honda City so it is who know has to decide on which one,

As i suggested its always beter for him to go in for Verna CRDi  if and only he does above 1200 kms per month. or else he should simply go in for the City

but we should remember one thing...

we are considering the above 1300km strategy for diesels just because of the higher price for the diesel car.

but in this case, i feel that it dosent stand.

because, the petro honda city costs as much as verna, but never comes close, in terms of driving pleasure..

if one is getting verna diesel, one gets driving pleasure and economy, which is irresistable..

but hyundai never comes close to the big HONDA in terms of brand value... but i dont like honda, because their vehicles are over priced and they are not considering india as an important market. they are known for taking more margin on each car, even more than TOYOTA. toyota vehicles are more reliable than honda

but we should remember one thing...
we are considering the above 1300km strategy for diesels just because of the higher price for the diesel car.
but in this case' date=' i feel that it dosent stand.
because, the petro honda city costs as much as verna, but never comes close, in terms of driving pleasure..
if one is getting verna diesel, one gets driving pleasure and economy, which is irresistable..
but hyundai never comes close to the big HONDA in terms of brand value... but i dont like honda, because their vehicles are over priced and they are not considering india as an important market. they are known for taking more margin on each car, even more than TOYOTA. toyota vehicles are more reliable than honda[/quote']

Toyota and Honda are almost the same in performance and reliablity but i do agree that Honda cars are overpriced but lol tell you what nothing can beat Hondas technology they are awsomely good and also a delight.

SOO  its left to the buyer to decide on which he wants i suggest him that better have a test drive of both and better ask the member here for pros and cons of both and also see the best offers both are offering and then decide. and also please keep us updated sadashiva.

i agree to that, honda is having edge on technology and they make more fuss than which is needed about technology edge.

but about city, thats not the case. consider city iDSI. It has only 2 valves per cylinder,wheareas all the vehicles except logan have 4 valves per cylinder. this makes the engine smooth(since less number of moving parts)and cheap. but they chgarge a high price for the car. only 2 valves per cylinder means lesser capacity to breath. so has less power.this gives better fuel efficiency too, since it cant sip more fuel.

But their better fuel efficiency is also because of the high compression ratio. as compression ratio increases, the thermal efficiency increases. but thay have provided two spark plugs so that the engine wont knock, when low quality fuel available in india is used. Even then, it shows tendency to knock, when 87 octane petrol is used. but this is not the case with vtech city company recommends that 91 octane has to be used, since it doesnt have twin spark plugs..

and think about toyota. they name their technology as vvti and is almost the same as vtech in terms of working principle. only thing is that they have developed their own systems seperately. but toyota is not making half the fuss as honda do. toyota feel like a gentle man, but honda is acting like an arrogant man, who thinks that he is the ultimate in technology.

we shold remembere that, its not honda, but toyota, the world leader.

i feel that india is the only country where honda is having better brand value than the BIG TOYOTA..!!!!!!!!!!

City Mk.II was designed for out and out economy and ease of driving. Hence the lower rev limits, two valve long stroke design. Engine performance wise City Mk.II was a big step back from Mk.I. I have not found any enthusiast preferring the Mk. II VTEC to the Mk. I VTEC.

I hear that Mk. III may have VTEC all across the model range. Let us see how these noew engines pan out.

1000 km a month ? dont even think about a diesel if you go for sx4 its cheaper to buy  but check the economy too ,i am using city zx for the last 18 months and  it gives northing less than 12kmpl  with the ac in the city driving  and as far sx4 goes hardly 9-10 kmpl so the difference can be cashed in a year or two as per your usage goes.so thing about it what exactly you want monthly bills or one time payment both are great cars

the sx4 zxi can be compared to city gxi regarding price. but not regarding the features we get. compare sx4 zxi with leather and honda city v.tech with abs and air bag and leather.

you will save about 2lakhs on ON-ROAD PRICE.and get the same features too. fuel economy figures will be similar too.

Hold On guys just simply dont give more and more suggestion ,

Sadashiva Kamath has already purchased a new car,

Guess what...................

He already got hs car delivered yesterday and he has taken ............................

The CITY VTEC !

Happy Diwali and happy and safe Motoring for Sadashiva for his new car,

Regards,

Priya
pryas2007-11-10 20:36:21