tushargok

Central locking & security systems

I agree with @dr_nishu. Since Nippontronix as MS OEM, you should not need any wire to be cut, and is far neater. In my Accent I went for Hyundai Cobra which is made by Autocop. I had a failure (after 6 years) and the dealer just unpludded the unit and joined the connectors back. When I finally got the Cobra replaced it was again a PnP job.

After market electrical accessories are prone to failure and never as durable as the OEM. I had a Xenos remote lock system installed in my Accent and it failed in a few months and had to go back to the accessories shop and get it repaired. Stay with MGA accessories.

If you have just purchased your dream car, then the risk of thefts may well be giving you sleepless nights. With the number of car theft cases on the rise, it's imperative that you take due measures to keep it away from prowling eyes. With the steady advances in technology, you can now secure your car like never before.

• AUTO-LOCKING SYSTEMS

• ALARM SYSTEMS
  • KILL SWITCHES
  • EXTERNAL LOCKS
  • FINGERPRINT LOCKS
  • TRACKING SYSTEMS

These days manufacturer already provide one or more of these features.. Offcourse there are many others who do not provide such features but the best IMO is immobilizer at least ur sure that u won't lose ur car however be ready for loss of some ICE.. Which in any case    I think can not be avoided... But wht I would advice everyone is install a good security system which u may deem fit N if ur still worried don't forget u have insured ur vehicle so why take soo much tension when you are paying premium for theft indemnity.. U won't get the best value but wht u lose is jus 10%of the value so why worry .. Rather have a sound sleep    goenkakushal2010-09-07 21:17:19

@DD This part I completely disagree with. If the car has to be stolen, it can be parked pretty much anywhere and it will be gone]smiley36.gif.

A friend of mine got his car stolen from the outside of his house. When the security guard was sitting a hardly 50 meters away. Twice! I've seen people loose their cars from the safest of placessmiley1.gif. BUt then again, I do live near and around NOIDA, UP.smiley36.gif

asethi9192010-09-08 06:46:00

Well a professional thief these days firstly attack only those cars which don't have immobliser (they might do market research on the cars ).

An alarm system is good but not foolproof . The best way according to me is park is safe and have immoblerised car and may be add a gear lock.

With the steady advances in technology' date=' you can now secure your car like never before.

[/quote']

Thieves are getting Much Hi-tech & Smarter now.

As Once seen on some auto show & they revealed that;

In cars fitted with Security Systems & Immobilisers, Theives don't open the Door or Passenger Window Glasses, instead they Target the Non-Protecting parts like Front-Rear Quarter Glasses, Sun-roofs, etc.

& Once they enters the car, even in the cars fitted with Immobilisers(like iCATS, etc) they just Remove/broke the Steering lock & Wires from them & Join them simply for starting the car, like Mr.Bean.

Best way to secure your vehicle is to park it securely' date=' instead of parking on the roads, especially at night. Chances of getting stolen is more when you park it in the same 'insecure' place always.  [/quote']

I've even seen the cars, from which the thieves have stolen Music System & other expensive bits from the cars standing in the Open porches of & inside the House.

dr_nishu2010-09-08 19:57:52

There are quite a few on the market.

Nippontronix used to be (and maybe still is) OE for Maruti. Advantage - no wire cutting, reliable, but not the cheapest.

AutoCop is quite popular. Cobra (OE for Hyundai) used to be made by them. I had it in my Accent. Service is cheap - replacement of the central unit + indicator unit + two new remote unitss cost me Rs.2200 a couple of years ago. When the chap brought it over I found Ford also used their units.

So take your pick. You can expect to have some problems in about five years even with the best of them.

The details I could able to collect are as given below

Maruti Dealers are using Nippon(Rs.4400/-) and Autocop(Rs.4000/-)

Others names i heard were Xenon, Minda

Lowest offered by my car decor friend is Minda - 2600/- (he is dealer for Minda)

So with this information and any other brand i missed out, please suggest me the right. It should be cheap but should not giving me troubles from day one and i have to spend time on repairs.

Only & only go for MGA Nippon Security System.

Though its l'll bit expensive but its very much Safe(as it needs no tampering of wiring), Authentic, Reliable & don't lapses the precious warranty of your car.

& Last but not the least, You'll also get concession on the Insurance Premium every year.

My advice is to strictly go for it.

Does the i-cats security system too has center locking system in it,or its just an immobilizer?

If it has center locking too then I think nothing is better than this security cum luxury combo.

Go for Nippon MGA products. No warranty hassles and pretty reliable. Also instead of going through a dealer go to some place which is only a servicd station and not a dealer, they are sometimes cheaper.

I met a person who is working with my car decor friend today when he has come to my office to do the Teflon coating for my Ritz. When I have inquired about central locking with him, he says he has worked with 3 Maruti show rooms in the city for 10 years and joined with this car decor and according to his experience working with Maruti dealers(he was working in accessories fitment department) he is there is nothing like Maruti genuine when it comes to accessories, because these are again outsourced by Maruti from Autocop or Nippon, so he says they take lot of premium amount from customers, so it is better to get this done outside as there is nothing like tampering the wire and all. These days every car decor fellow has mechanics who have earlier worked with these dealers like him and they just fit the central locking as like a Maruti dealer and he suggest me to go with Minda for Rs.2600 with reverse horn and 3 years warranty, the reason to select Minda, he says it is trouble free and even if some thing goes wrong the Minda people attend it very quickly wherever the car is.

So now I am again in a real dilemma friends. by the way i got my Teflon coated for Rs.1200/- where all the small scratches disappeared.

Friends, I am still not finalised this.

Nippon for Rs.4200/- without reverse horn(this looks bad)

Maruti dealer say that they stopped Autocop as it is giving lot of problems ?? is it true

Again Minda is there for Rs.2600/-

So now I am in a real dilemma on what to do

Please help me our friends

Today I spoke to few car decor people and maruti show rooms on remote locking.

Maruti people are offering Nippon(withot reverse horn) and Autocop (Rs.5000,3900) respectively

Incidentally I have contacted one car decor called Elegant car decors in road no 10 and he is authorised dealer of auto cop,xenos and cross links, so he confidently said to me to go ahead with auto cop for Rs.3500 (OE set) fitment without any wire tampering.

So now I want your final conclusion as I would like to get it done by tomorrow. Please help me on this

i have purchased Autocops central lock systems 2   years back for my Ritz  and never faced any problem.IMHO Minda is not good as Autocops.In Delhi 2-3 cars got fired when there was a electrical failure and central lock got jammed. So buy best quality product than buying cheaper one.

I spend Rs.3200/- in August 2009 for  CS system with rectangular sliding remote.

Friends finally I have finished the remote locking in my Ritz with Nippon-MGA with simple lock unlock, parking search, autolock with after ignition is on 30 seconds with 2 remotes I managed for Rs.4000/-. I am happy with it and its sound just tick tick is very decent than other remote locking. I have not opted for reverse horn at the moment which is not in the package. See the tiny remote photo in following link

https://picasaweb.google.com/gurrala74/NipponRemote?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMy44ueH6YG1Hg&feat=directlink

This thread is very useful for me as am planning to install central lock and Remote security system in my new Dzire Ldi.

Is the central locking different package than the remote locking system?

Also can you please recommend a good accessory store in MUMBAI

I suggest stick to MGA Nippon Locking as aftermarket ones causes warranty issues. A lot depends on the dealer. Do question them on fitment of the accessory and ask them to show the clause which specifically suggest warranty void on fitment of these add ons.

Some dealers just say for the sake of selling MGA products and to rip off customers.

I agree with @dr_nishu. Since Nippontronix as MS OEM' date=' you should not need any wire to be cut, and is far neater. In my Accent I went for Hyundai Cobra which is made by Autocop. I had a failure (after 6 years) and the dealer just unpludded the unit and joined the connectors back. When I finally got the Cobra replaced it was again a PnP job.

[/quote']

Sir , as you say that nippon won't need any wire to be cut. I wonder if same applies to the Ldi models. Does Ldi model have any wiring at all in the door panels? I think new wiring will have to be drawn from the bay.

can some one clarify. Is the cost of Nippon mentioned of Rs 4000/- is of central and remote both or only remote?

Hi Friends, I'm from Madurai Tamilnadu we got our new Xylo D2 2012 two weeks back as you know it come with basic immobilizer without keyless entry or central locking. I want fit a good security system with central locking and keyless entry. I asked the mahindra dealer about it and he said it would cost Rs.18000 for central locking keyless entry along with power windows for mahindra brandsmiley5.gif. he also said i have to wait for another 2 weeks for the parts to arrive to the dealership as its a new model. before i call the dealer again any suggestionssmiley25.gif i don't wanna risk my warranty and safety of my vehicle

Prakash, 18000 is a hefty amount.

From outside market you can get it installed for around 6k. And it will not void your warranty even as they will not cut any wires. They will simply join the wires using an attachment.