tushargok

Central locking & security systems

@driftpunk. Thanks for the quick reply mate. Rs.18000 is for both central locking and power windows. For power windows I asked at local accessory shop they said Rs.9000 so as the dealer. So the rest the money is for security system and central locking I guess. If I want to go for the after market system which one is good for xylo? What are the features I should look for?

18k for 4 Power Windows & Central locking isn't bad either.

As Genuine 2 front power windows alone for tiny Alto/Wagon-R/Zen costs ~5.5k.

So, 10-12k for All Genuine power windows for gigantic Xylo sounds okay.

Go for it, but Try to bargain it there, I'm sure you can get these at even 1-1.5k less than what dealer initially quoted

Hello!

I need to buy an Autocop security system and a gear lock on my new Swift VDI.

When i tried to find out the rates, it seems that the rates at the Maruti Authorized dealer showroom are greater than that being offered by a local Car Decor shop by atleast Rs.1000.

The local Car Decor shop also promised that Autocop themselves would send the mechanic for the installation.

Now i am very finicky about ensuring that the parts on accessories in my car are authentic. Want your opinion on whether the local Car Decor guy's assurance can be relied upon. Should i pay the extra bucks and get it done from Maruti showroom?

Also, there seem to be more than 1 models available from autocop for both the security system and the gear lock. Please advise on which models to go for.

Thanks,

Dokdindel.

In my personal point of view local Car Decor shop is the best option for you. Because I gives good additional service for you. But your local Car Decor shop give some warranty or guarantee of this product because it is most important thing in this time.

Hello everyone. I want to fit alarm systems for my i20 as there are many thieves around. And recently our 8 year old Hero Honda Splendour got stealed from our home :(. So wanting to fit alarm devices for our car. Anyone suggest me good quality alarm systems which doesn't void my car warranty. Any help would be great.

Well LeoRahi for starters you can begin with buying Steering-to-Pedal lock. It locks your clutch or brake pedal with help of the steering wheel.

Next value for money purchase would be the Gear Lock. This lock is fixed permanently to the body of your car and a U-Shaped metal part helps you lock or unlock the gear. This one is very very difficult to break!!

Getting on to security systems, i would suggest you to opt for Autocop, as it is the best one currently available in our market.

Do select a system that comes with an alarm, motion and impact sensors.

You can further enhance the security of your car with the help of an Immobiliser (if your vehicle doesn't have one). An immobilisers work by disabling at least two of the three main components which make your vehicle move, namely the ignition, fuel system and starter motor. Disabling two of these things will prevent a vehicle from starting. It is an electronic device which stops a vehicle from being started unless the correct digital key or token is presented. Immobilisers from Autocop ImMob, VBB Team & Viper are quiet good!!

And god forbid if your car does get stolen, the VT1 device from Map my India will help you track your vehicle. It is also useful in day to day life. A similar system is also offered by the VBB Team.

Do check them out before buying one!

Thanks Shashank. :)

Checked the VT1 Device from map my india(Googled). And I'm quite impressed with it. I'll check it out in local stores.

And Do you know the price of steering to pedal lock?

Steering to lock is good but can be broken easily in 5 mins by any thief and also it can get irritating opening and locking again and again. Get gearlock which is more convenient and offer a bit better protection. Which varient of i20 do you have ? The Asta/Sportz/Magna o have central keyless entry from factory itself so fitting alarm on top of it may be tricky because the motion sensors will need to be connected via central locking system and won't be reliable in long run.

Which varient of i20 do you have ?

I have the magna o.

So, gearlock is better than S2P locks. Do u know the price of gearlocks and which brand to go for? And if I fit it are there any mechanical wire cuttings needed, means will it void warranty?