sanzgod

Need used 800 or alto

Hi Friends,

I am looking out to purchase a car. Since i am new to car driving i prefer a used car as of now & i will be keeping this car for not more than 2 years. My friends suggested me to go for a M800 r Alto, as they are cheap & best.

If u guys have any used cars in mind, please suggest.

Sanzz
sanzgod2009-01-02 08:59:08

Hi, Good idea indeed. Try various web-site to find good car available in you city. Few Web sites are: www.carwale.com, www. indiaautomobile.com, www. cartradeindia.com, www.carazoo.com.

Try to buy from direct seller and not from the dealer. Pl get your vehicle checked at Autho. serv. Centre. Try to find low run old car.

All the best.

i think you should rule out M800 and check for Santro or Alto..Although i would prefered a santro in mint condition as its very good car and will give you a good feeling when you will drive it..Else its alto

Thank you experts!!

if i have to buy an alto r santro as suggested, can u give some suggestions or tips to consider. like manufactr year, km run.....

Try Maruti True Value. I just got a used 800 for my wife. Bargaining power on the price side is less; however' date=' u will get a 1 year warranty and 3 free services.[/quote']

hey raj, so how much did u buy m800 for?? can you give me few more details like, yr of mnfr & kms run!!

I find true Value grossly overpriced (at leat 15-20%). Take a knowledgeable friend and/or a mechanic to check out. One can expect 100,000+ from the engine and transmission. The rest of the mechanicals are easy to check out. 

Look at 2004-05' date=' 40k kms or less, although i would prefer around 30k kms ...

[/quote']

can you also suggest the max that we can spend on these cars??

ya you can obviously get one for 50-60k..,but then there is no point such a car on which you have to keep spending more and more on its maintenance..

Even i did the same buying a second Alto..n suffered a lot..

Also i took an Esteem from True Value,New Delhi.

Worst point about True Value- Overpriced.

Best point about True Value- As they have their own standards..,they service the used vehicle the same way a new Maruti car comes out from a plant.

besides they give you free services too and the car is checked for even minor problems..

Go look somewhere else - my friend got a well maintained Zen (2002 model) with less that 35K km on the odo for 1.6 Lac's in Bangalore last month so 1.3L for an 800 is too much.