vjassal

Santro or Spark

guys - i need to quickly decide in a couple of days between which car to choose. this car will be primarily driven by my wife and will be the second car in the family. She has a low back problem so good ride with spine support will be key.

Please help me choose one..

Hey if you have currently a better(your second car) car than spark or santro then go for spark otherwise for santro..If you are driving it only in city then go for spark as its better otherwise if on highway then go for santro..why i am saying this is because santro is slightly big and solid than spark so its better on highway and if comfort,average,interiors,looks,ride quality are your concern then go for spark....I bought it just 3 weeks before and i am very happy with that..its very smooth than any other car in its segment and also i have used santro its also very good car but spark is of new technology...but the problem is with its AC its very good but after sometime keeping it in sun then it takes time to cool..

I am sure i can wait...however I saw some pics of the Pa and it seemed like Kia...and not very roomy...i can still wait...

On the second Car (I have an Accent GLE); and now i am upgrading my first car from a Maruti 800 to wither Spark/Santro.

Can you help me provide more clarity on:

1. Will Chevy provide a smoother ride quality than Santro? is it due to the gas filled shock absorbers?

2. Will Spark's A/C be like the 800...or better...since you used it for 3 months (not sure which city - but i live in Delhi)...were the rear seats comfy with the cooling?

3. I took a test ride on the Spark and it did stick to the ground. Felt like a heavy car like a palio however as per technical specifications it is 4 kgs lighter than the santro!

4. I found more legroom in the Spark...is this surprising...so why are comments being made that the Santro has more space...

Please help provide some key help...:-)smiley1.gif

i bought spark 3 weeks before and not months...definately ride quality is much better...rear seats are best in class....AC much better than 800 but i think its somewhat lees efficient than santro as it takes time to cool but when its cool its superb..Fuel efficiency best in class...boot smaller than santro but i think you will not take it to highway as you have accent.....so overall for city use spark is best.....the only thing that i dont like is its not as solid as santro...but go for spark or wait for pa....

If your wife has a low back problem then i think more use of leg will strain her .She can go for WagonR or Santro Automatic.If its out of your budget then you can put seat massagers which are easily available these days .Santro has an awkward peddle placement and it can be stressing. Go for Spark if you dont care about the boot.

I think before we take off on the Autos we need comments from the original inquirer vjassal.

If he is Ok with an auto then Hyundai is miles ahead of Maruti. I have owned a Zen Auto and currently have a Santro Auto, and hence know them both. After the WagonR and Santro the next cheapest Auto box is in a City!

He will prefer to avoid auto because its not very economical .You can put auto massage seat cover which will cost around 5K .If you wait for PA then you wont get good Festive offers .Its upto your budget ,if you have made it then stick to it now matter what.?

i think santro is the best in this range..i m having santro since last 3years..it has got refined engine,fun to drive in city..much specious than spark n it gives bigger car feeling than spark. back sit ride is not  that comfortable but if u are driving then there should be no probs.. definitely go 4 santro

Between the Santro and Spark, I would pick the Spark. Both the cars are good. It depends more on your individual needs. Since you are looking for ride quality, I would take the Spark. The santro's rear seat ride is a bit stiff.

But do wait for the Pa.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-10-09 22:43:40

Santro is very good i had it before and now i am having spark so i feel spark is more refined its give big car feeling while driving which is better than santro and spark is of new technology but i am again repeating this thing for highway use and boot and solidity go for santro otherwise leave boot aside if you are driving in the city and go for spark....either wait for pa

Thank you all !!

As you noticed ..i am relatively a novice in this forum (just got registered yesterday) and i enjoyed all teh comments.

Thanks to you guys ... i have decided to hold on for a couple of weeks till Pa is launched (i hear it is getting launched during last week of Oct or 1st week of Nov.

I will try and contribute my two cents to this forum as well..

Cheers...