sudeepd

How to adjust the idle rpm of Indigo to 800rpms?

We have two Indigos. Indigo LS TDI and Indigo XL Grand Dicor.

The Indigo LS does not have Tachometer. So I am unable to find out the idle rpm of it. Is there any way to find out what is the current idle rpm of the car which does not have a tachometer?

The Indigo XL Grand Dicor has a Tachometer. It shows the needle in between 750 and 1000 rpm at idle. When connected to Laptop (at TASS), the software shows the idle rpm to be 850. How can this 850 reduced to 800 (which I think to be standard rpm for Diesel Engines)? As this Dicor is Common Rail, how can the idle rpm be reduced by 50 rpm (from 850 to 800)? Should the timing be reduced for Dicor to reduce the idle rpm?

PLEASE TELL THE PROCEDURE TO BE CARRIED OUT ON BOTH THE ABOVE MENTIONED VEHICLES i.e. Non-Dicor and Dicor, respectively.

I KNOW TATA ENGINES ARE NOT REFINED. BUT STILL I WANT TO KEEP THE IDLE OF BOTH VEHICLES TO 800 RPM.

But I have seen many Diesel cars having 800rpm as idle rpm.

As for ECU programming, what kind of tools are required to adjust idle rpm?

But I have seen many Diesel cars having 800rpm as idle rpm.

What I said was that 800rpm need not be the idle rpm for all diesel engines. Take petrols: Old Premier used to be 600rpm' date=' Amby was probably even lower, M800 was 900rpm!

As for ECU programming, what kind of tools are required to adjust idle rpm?

You need a computer with appropriate software. Also hardware interface which can plug in and modify the ECU program. Not for the faint hearted!