rki2007

Hero Honda CBZ - Mileage increasing tips?

@jaroos

I own cbz 2003 model. I was the person who started this thread. As far as the bike is concerened its the best bike i have ever driven. I have done with 33000 kms on the odo and still the bike sounds new and fantastic. For the past seven years i have never got a mileage more than 35-36kmpl nor my friends who own cbz have got more than 30-35kmpl.Many people just say 45kmpl, but i have never seen it practically happening.

I very regularly service my bike with the HH authorised service centre and use geniune HH spares only.I have tried with all the Engine oils. HH oil is good and cheap. Castrol Activ 4T is the one that i really hate, it doesnot enchance the performance of the bike nor does anything worth mentioning. Currently i am using the Shell 4T oil which is fantastic. The pick up is classis and the bike never vibrates even in very high speeds. It costed me 210/- for 1 ltr but its worth paying.

These many days i was using the champion spark plug which came with the bike and only very recently on hearing from some memeber from this forum, i have started to use the NGK G Power spark plugs. I don't find any difference among the champion and ngk g power plugs. Infact i am getting a mileage of 31.5kmpl only consistently asaagainst the earlier mileage of 35kmpl after using this plug. So, planning to change the plug back either to champion or bosch.

I would really like to say something. CBZ itself is good bike, don't make any alteration or enchancement in power. Because there are very less and good mechanic who know things properly. If something goes wrong, its very difficult to bring it back to shape.

As far as your query for increasing the mileage, please follow some of the following points:-

Do not over accelerate suddenly

Gradually increase speed

Use HH recomended grade oils

Use HH recomended Spark plugs and spares.

Every 1000kms clean the Air filter with kerosene.(Give the bike for service every 2000kms, the HH people will also clean the air filter)

Maintain an average speed of 50-70kmph

Dont park your bike under sunlight

Dont drive at a high speed when you start the engine for the first time, give some time for the engine say about 3 mins to warm up when you start for the first time.

Turn off the engine when you idle for more than 30-60 secs

@rki2007
If i use c&n filters?
Will there be any difference for me in future?

I am sure that the performance will increase and have no idea about the mileage.How much will it cost????

As already said the maximum mileage that i have achieved till date is 36kmpl. Once when using the shell unleaded petrol i think i got 39kmpl. I am not pretty sure, May be gone wrong with some calculation

Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme bike is really looking awesome in its appearance. It is very good to have this type of bike in a stylish manner. The mileage is essential for this type of bike to use it for our requirements. It is very useful to save the money while they are adopting the proper tips for our bike. The 149.2cc engine really helps the people to get a lot of good mileage for their uses. It eventually helps the people to think about the use of this type of mileage for their uses.

It is good to change the engine oil in a frequent manner will help you to get the proper mileage for yours. It will eventually helps to clean the carburetor in a good manner for our needs of using it. You never try to change the gears always. This also makes you to decrease the carburetor level to get it. It also drops your mileage to some phase. This will definitely help the people to get some good things for them.

Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme bike is really looking awesome in its appearance. It is very good to have this type of bike in a stylish manner. The mileage is essential for this type of bike to use it for our requirements. It is very useful to save the money while they are adopting the proper tips for our bike. The 149.2cc engine really helps the people to get a lot of good mileage for their uses. It eventually helps the people to think about the use of this type of mileage for their uses.

It is good to change the engine oil in a frequent manner will help you to get the proper mileage for yours. It will eventually helps to clean the carburetor in a good manner for our needs of using it. You never try to change the gears always. This also makes you to decrease the carburetor level to get it. It also drops your mileage to some phase. This will definitely help the people to get some good things for them.

I extremely sorry to say that i have failed to understand what you said. I find no message and theme in your reply.

The mileage of a bike is a critical factor in the buying decision and

also keeping our running costs low. Many of you think that mileage is

just about the cost of fuel, but it is not. A bike which gives a good

mileage compared to other similar bikes is a sure indication that the

health of the bike is well maintained and the rider is careful enough

to get the bike frequently serviced and tuned.

What kind of Explanation is this?

MODs,

Please delete the post of askey.

He says that Changing Engine Oil will help to clean Carburettor. Is this new discovery that Engine oil enters Carb?

And what does "Decrease the Carburettor level" mean?