FuelRunGod

New Mahindra Xylo Test Drive Report

now now now my dear lad...im ok wit pakeezah & umrao jan but dont go comparing Lakhnawi Biryani to this thing here...Im pretty sure youve never had it or youre a vegetarian!!

Shaayari & pan are sumthing which I dont indulge in but I know many who would be ready to kill...and I respect their opinons ;))

well d interiors look quiet good and pleasing....but dissapointed with the exterior styling..it has the same breadbox design of the sumo grande...innova still is the best looking suv in its class..i m intrested in knowing how is its performance cause it has good power !!!!

Hello Guys!Just coming from the XYLO's launch in Delhi!......... :-)

I "experienced" the XYLO' date=' will post about it shortly!smiley17.gif
[/quote']

When you say "experienced" do you mean you got to take it for a test drive??

I hope you also took pics of the launch.

The Xylo has only 112bhp. My car gives 120bhp and with a full load of 5 people I find the car doesn't do so well. Now the Xylo can sit 8 people and 112bhp.....Will it even be able to move?smiley36.gifZal D2009-01-14 09:05:20

Hello Guys!Just coming from the XYLO's launch in Delhi!......... :-)

I "experienced" the XYLO' date=' will post about it shortly!smiley17.gif
[/quote']

When you say "experienced" do you mean you got to take it for a test drive??
I hope you also took pics of the launch.
No buddy....unfortunately i couldn't test drive it because many media n other people were there.....n another sad news is that in all the excitement i left my cam in my home only!smiley18.gif

The Xylo has only 112bhp. My car gives 120bhp and with a full load of 5 people I find the car doesn't do so well. Now the Xylo can sit 8 people and 112bhp.....Will it even be able to move?smiley36.gif

Ohh..ofcourse!it will be easily able to move...and not only move but you can drive it at high speed aswell....because it has got a huge torque!..

check  out this......

Outpace, out-manoeuvre the sedan

So after all the hype and hoopla i'd say Xylo's a great vehicle .... its an expensive looking vehicle priced much lesser than its competitors.... As for the power, we know now that it is ample (Thanks Vibhor for all the information). Happy for Mahindra, Indian manufacturer brining out a vehicle of Xylo's class.  

Apart from the space and the seats themselves, there is nothing much to write about this ugly looking contraption. Innova looks elegant in comparison to Xylo!!!  I definitely doubt if people in urban areas would prefer to have such a lousy piece of  """engineering""" as their personal transport. M&M will get decent numbers only because of rural and taxi folks which will make sure that

the era of M&M brand is well and truly.... OVER!!!

I was happy on launch of Xylo IT WAS BETTER THAN EXPECTED. There were few BASIC DRAW BACKS IN EVITABLE.

( 1) VERIABLE GEMOTRY TURBO.

(2) 4x4.(OPTION) 4X4 ECM option( no sticks)

(3) ALL FOUR WHEEL DISCH  BRAKES( The basic version should   by accomodating from their own stable)WITH ABS.(Internal Expanding Drum are obsolite Techno TO DISCARD)

4.R.P.M.METER.

5.The TYRE STANDARD FITMENT to be used 265x50x15R or 16R. for GOOD TRACTION.

6.CRUISE CONTROL.(know all A class & METROS are FOUR/SIX LANE.

PROVISION/OPTIONAL TO BE GIVEN FOR FITMENT FOR OFF ROADERS OR SUPPLED BY  MANUFACTURES EXTRA ACCESSORIES :-

1.To instal fit GPRS.

2.Winch fitment Provision.

3.Alt.Meter. Inclo Meter. Compass.

4.Adjustiable Steering.

5.Adjustable Eletronic sturt. (TO AVOID SWING MOVEMENT)

6.Spot Light/Fog Lights

Higher end should .

TCS.

SRS.System.

AUTO TRANS OPTION.

SUN ROOF.

FITMENT  PROVISION/OPTION. For REVERSE CAMERA.(as tail gate is to high and diffcult to veiw from driver seat ,rear end  lower would be diffcult to veiw.)

I want know to the DIFFRENCE  m HAWK & m.EAGLE.

CHASSIS FRAME DESIGN CHANGE  SUGGESTION:-M&M SHOULD WIDEN WHEEL TRACK ON ALL MODELS WHICH IMPROVE ROLL OVER STABILITY.

smiley3.gifsmiley3.gifJAMSHED. KAMDIN. AHMEDABAD.

Mahindra's Xylo was launched this morning. You can get a whole lot of information about the Xylo like pricing' date=' varaints, specifications, a taste of how it drives and of course, the all important pictures.

Styling:

The Xylo plays safe with its traditional two-box MPV design. Mahindra have probably avoided the mono-volume design keeping Indian tastes in mind. The Xylo is more like a SUV fused with a van. The front end though is quite quirky. The kinky headlamps top off a fussy and not so attractive face. We think the Xylo's most pleasing angle is the chunky rear.

Interiors & Equipment:

The Xylo comes loaded with great interior space and ground three rows of seats. You can choose between 7 or 8-seat configurations. The well-designed seats offer the right amount of cushioning and support. Four variants are on offer E2, E4, E6 and E8. Amongst other things the Xylo offers park sensors, a central information display (speed, current gear, temperature, humidity, distance to empty, average speed, speed limit alarm.. and more) and air-conditioning for all 3 rows of seats. Notably ABS and airbags are not on offer at the time of launch.

Engine:

The Xylo comes with the new mEagle engine. It is a 2.5litre CRDe engine that's been re-engineered from the 2.6CRDe unit seen on the Scorpio. The engine offers class leading 112bhp of power and 24kgm of torque, but refinement and NVH still isn't up to the mark. The gearbox is more precise though a bit of effort is still required. Interestingly the much more expensive 2.2 litre mHawk engine package is expected at a later date.

Ride and Handling:

The Xylo's soft suspension set up shows a clear bias towards in town passenger comfort. It glides over potholes and broken roads at low speeds but gets unsettled as speed builds up. The long wheelbase and soft suspension create a "swing" movement when changing lanes. But the suspension is more sorted and stable than the Scorpio; once again thanks to Lotus Design.

Pricing:

The Xylo aims to fill the gap between the Bolero and the Scorpio. Prices range from Rs 6.24 lakhs for the entry level E2 variant, going all the way up to Rs 7.69 lakhs for the top of the line E8 variant (ex-showroom Delhi). This makes the Xylo a great value proposition for Indian families and the tourist taxi segment in India.

And here are the pics..

xylo16.jpg

xylo17.jpg

xylo18.jpg

xylo15.jpg

xylo19.jpg

[/quote']

Nice link with nice pics!

I just love XYLO!The best thing about it I like is that its available at really very low price, and that base is also loaded with features like power windows, PS, and even tavera or innova's base is costly than it and is not even available with PWs!:)

Yes the pricing and space is the main key and this will help to rule the segment ..

And am happy that this car will be in numbers in taxi market, and we will get a good means of transportation at cheaper cost than those innovas in taxi market..

But Vibhor is this cheaper than tavera also

Initially I thought the car would not be tall like a Sumo but it is tall and looks disproportionate. The car's looks are messed up but the interior seems to be making up for it. The ugly Innova looks much better when compared to this. Not something I will ever want to own.

I drove the vehicle today, Well the frist impression of the car is good and nice. Well only thing in the exterior part is the back look of the car. Then when the time came for me to take the car on the road man the first feel of the car is not less than tata safari, the car is good no doubt about it and very cheap also. I mean in 6,80,000 rs what else do u want a house or something. man they are giving power stearing, power windows & centeral looking. ok the advance version of the car has got more goodies in the car but who cares. I think M & M have a gold in there hands. I wish them luck.

I drove the vehicle today' date=' Well the frist impression of the car is good and nice. Well only thing in the exterior part is the back look of the car. Then when the time came for me to take the car on the road man the first feel of the car is not less than tata safari, the car is good no doubt about it and very cheap also. I mean in 6,80,000 rs what else do u want a house or something. man they are giving power stearing, power windows & centeral looking. ok the advance version of the car has got more goodies in the car but who cares. I think M & M have a gold in there hands. I wish them luck.[/quote'] That is totally true arjun!I also have same thoughts as of of you about the car and M&M!..but can you please elaborate this - "Well only thing in the exterior part is the back look of the car." you didn't liked its rear looks?smiley1.gif 

yeah the exterior rear part seems like some one has kicked the ass of the car. dont u think well if u see toyota inova the shape looks nice. but in this the back was like something else.

Innova is leagues ahead of Xylo, its drive is almost like a sedan, whereas Xylo drives like a rocking boat! Where the Xylo scores is its super pricing, it beats Innova over there with a great margin. Xylo is really going to hurt Toyota in sales, but this is good for the consumers as Toyota would be forced to shed its strategy of increasing prices of successful models.

xylo looks ossim.Base version starts at 6.24(ex) thats a good thing.Rear looks better than the front. Interiors are also fine.We ll hav to wait for the facelift of the new innova to compare it with xylo.But what about the price of innova.There will be a huge difference between both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!