deepakds

What should one do in case of an Accident

well. this has happened with me..

i bothered about the injured, even though it wasnt my fault. and yes i was beaten by around 60-70 people. but fortunately i was able to convince them to let me take the injured to the hospital first and then beat me later.he he.but later everyone was calm and yes i am alive. and i dont regret my act of staying there for help one bit. 

In case of a 2 wheeler and car accident - the mistake is always of the car owner.

This is not always true.

Suppose a car is approaching a Square (Chowk) from South Direction and it wants to cross the square and go towards North. And a bike comes from East and wants to go towards West. Its the duty of the Bike Rider to STOP and wait for the car to cross the square and after the car has crossed the square, the bike rider should cross the square. If knowing that a car is coming, and still the bike rider tries to cross the square before the car does, ITS FAULT OF THE BIKE RIDER AND NOT CAR DRIVER.

In case of a 2 wheeler and car accident - the mistake is always of the car owner.

This is not always true.

Sudeep - Don't take him literally - Deepak's talking about public perception and the mob's reaction to any accident involving a 2 wheeler and anything bigger than that.

Another (ugly) angle to this issue is that such "accident's" are sometimes used by criminals for purposes of carjacking - Like a 2 wheeler hitting your car or people appearing in front of the car - just to get you to stop and jump out from the relative safety of your car. The bad guys then flash weapons and take off with the carsmiley18.gif .

(To those of you who'd like to laugh this off as the plot from a Bollywood movie - this is very real - I've been on the receiving end)

Common decency (and the law - no, I'm not an expert) - dictate that you must not hit and run.

But its tough to tell if you're being carjacked if the incident is minor and happens in the middle of nowhere. So use your judgment (and don't quote me on anything I may have said smiley9.gif). 

well. this has happened with me..

i bothered about the injured' date=' even though it wasnt my fault. and yes i was beaten by around 60-70 people. but fortunately i was able to convince them to let me take the injured to the hospital first and then beat me later.he he.but later everyone was calm and yes i am alive. and i dont regret my act of staying there for help one bit.[/quote']

That is a gutsy thing to do and keep it up. Unfortunately I had a big accident on the highway with a bike. I stopped and was on the scene till the issue was closed. Nobody roughed me up fortunately and it was not my fault. Also even if I wanted to run I could not, my car was not in running condition after the accident.

By principle, you should stop but there are exceptions.

After an accident with 2 wheeler or jaywalkers, try to move away from the scene. Otherwise you could be hitted by some ***** peoples and I had a narrow escape on a accident. Head straight to the police station(which i learnt later) and file a complaint. If the other party files it first, then there is a chance of case turning against you.

Even if they are not hitting you, they will ask you to pay for the expenses(Even if it is not your fault) and will not let you(and car) to go.

This is not always true.

Sudeep - Don't take him literally - Deepak's talking about public perception and the mob's reaction to any accident involving a 2 wheeler and anything bigger than that. Another (ugly) angle to this issue is that such "accident's" are sometimes used by criminals for purposes of carjacking - Like a 2 wheeler hitting your car or people appearing in front of the car - just to get you to stop and jump out from the relative safety of your car. The bad guys then flash weapons and take off with the carsmiley18.gif . (To those of you who'd like to laugh this off as the plot from a Bollywood movie - this is very real - I've been on the receiving end)

Yea I have experienced this two times

It is not funny at all

I know what u mean

@ hummer: ya I have seen quite a lot of fights on the road

Maybe u were in one them!