ruckfules_niks

Any news about the Linea 1.6 fire petrol?!

@ RN: The 'penny pincher's' among us ensure that we don't get 1.6 litre petrol engine, especially after the low FE of the 1.6 Palio sport, just imagine what the FE of a 1.6 Linea will be. It will be something like 7 kmpl and that will sure sound the death knell for a product that Fiat's pinning it's hope's of survival in India on.

true but supposedly there is a 1.4 16 V T-Jet variant available which churns out 120 hp power and with an FE of 13.5(avg) under normal conditions... do u think its a good option especially because the 1.3 MJD is slightly underpowered ?!

I think its already available.. check the website www.fiatlinea.com... check the engine options available and u'l see this 1.4 16 V T-Jet variant is available as well !

Yes you are partially correct.. this is with the LHD Cars so not surely made for India.

The website was also not for the Linea in India

http://www.fiat-india.com/TechSpec-linea.aspx?TechspeId=1&c=y&ModelId=5

This is what we will get in India

true but supposedly there is a 1.4 16 V T-Jet variant available which churns out 120 hp power

I PRAY to the Almighty that we get this one, some time soon. Even better if we get the 140hp version. Drool drool :)!

Thanks ruckfules_niks! If the Linea sells well in its current line up of engines, the probability that Fiat will launch a powerful version for a very minute few like us is very low. Still I will keep hoping :)

the 1.4 lr engine in offer is extremely underpowered ! 77 or 80 bhp is'nt enough for a car of that size and weigh... the multijet feels nice and adequate only cause of the turbo.. i had a testdrive of both.. the multijet felt quite nice.. it was like driving a skoda 1.9 tdi... 90bhp but feels well over that ! the car is extremely comfi and the interiors are more inviting compared to the New city... Its a great car.. I have a FIAT already and could feel the vast difference ! 

even if the linea 1.4 fire petrol has 90 horses in it....then to   its is way underpowered..line stands 4560mm in length and 1735 in width..marginally bigger then Altis..i think fiat should comeup with 1.6 petrol or else LINEA PETROL will get a thumb down smiley11.gif

linea is as big as a laura, even a bit more

i think abarth linea essese

or the LT JET variant which has 150 bhp and 303 nm of torque should come

it send accord and sonata, laura jetta crying in the corner of the room.

WoW smiley17.gif ..!!with 150 bhp and 303Nm of torque linea would be a great delight..even if priced @100k..it will sell like hot cakes...i think fiat should experiment and introduce this variant as a limited edition!!! smiley32.gif

WoW smiley17.gif ..!!with 150 bhp and 303Nm of torque linea would be a great delight..even if priced @100k..it will sell like hot cakes...i think fiat should experiment and introduce this variant as a limited edition!!! smiley32.gif

For Experimenting , the time is not right for FIAT. First , they have to Stand on their legs properly and atleast should be able to claim a good monthly Sales Figure and turn into profits.

Linea is now touted as the Fortune reversal of FIAT India and if it does happen which we will come to know in Some Months. Am sure FIAT will bring in Bigger Engines for those Speed freaks smiley4.gif

if we make a petition, we can persuade fiat to bring in LT JET engine smiley2.gif

if the lt jet comes, it will be pricey, around 10 to 12 lakhs

but fiat can justify themselves for the HIGH pricing because they are selling a mammoth of a car at such a cheap price!

@spearhead

SOURCE PLZsparshq2009-03-30 10:16:56

my friend works in fiat and he told me this that its going to be launched after diwali in dec i guess

Thank you. Do you have any information about Linea T-Jet 120 BHP launch in India?