naveen04in

Which car under 2 buy under 5l

Hello all,

I'm planning to get a car for myself. I currently have 2 options with me.

1. Get a new car under 5 lakhs (Diesel)

2. Get a used car, prefer Diesel.

Am in real state of dilemma now as i dont know which option to choose, whether to go for a brand new diesel car and a second hand car. The problem is that under 5 lakhs, the diesel options are very limited (Prefer no cars from TATA stable). So its pretty limited. The best partfor going for used car is that i will have some cash to do some minor modifications like new audio systems, alloys etc but i know its kinda risky to go in for used cars especially Diesel ones. I'm trying to get my hands on some pretty new used cars that are in brand new condition. If so it will satisfy my needs.

So i kindly request all to give in their valuable suggestions on this thread. I have been receiving some excellent responses in the past and wish to get the some. From this only i will make up my mind. So kindly contribute ur suggestions and opinions.. Looking forward for ur replies..

Cheers

Naveen

HI Naveen,

There are v less choices available under 5 lacs if you do not want to go for TATA.

The Option is

Swift Diesel: More than 5 lacs

Getz Diesel: Again More than 5 lacs

Logan: Close to 7 lacs

Can you brief a little more on your requirements besides this budget like

Hatch / Sedan

Boot space

Prformace

Comfort

Maintenenace etc.

I personally do not favor used Diesle Cars , but it will Prove a right decision if you are able to get a good deal .

hello,

Thnx for the reply.

I basically do not have much requirements.. Only looking for less maintenance. I know the options are very less. But i came across Fiat Palio. Howz that one?? Many people have mixed reactions about Palio... Some say excellent while others dont even bother to comment :-)

Getz and Fabia are way beyond my budget. And while sedans are also beyond my reach. But i dont mind getting anything, as long as it is under 5...

I know its pretty hard to get a good used car and that 2 in a new condition. But options are limited.. so have to choose something.....  So wat do u say??

@naveen04in

if your monthly running is more than a 1000kms olny then go for a diesel.

as for which car to buy. you don't have any other option below 5lacs other than indica if you need diesel. if you want to save on fuel you can also check out wagonR duo. go for a second hand diesel only if you it is from a known source.

For your kind of budget for Diesel, you have to find hard a mintly used Swift or Getz. D-zire has a waiting period and hence it will not be available in your budget in used car market. But to find a car which is used sparingly and maintained perfectly is very tedious and time consuming one. If your monthly driving is less than 1500 km and CNG/LPG are available in your city, go for new car with comapny fitted Gas Kit. It will serve your purpose in better way. All the best.

Well in your budget 3 cars fit the bill : Indica Vista, Indigo CS and Palio, Palio is a good overall car and the price of spare parts have also been reduced.

why don't you prefer cars from Tata? Indica Vista has better quality than previous Indica.

Thkx for ur reply

Ya ,i have heard a lot about the new Indica Vista. But frankly speaking, i didnt like the looks and i guess its lacks the power when compared with other diesel cars. Its also noisy.... Guess Palio is the one.. But it also lacks many things.. such as outdated dash board design.... and even exterior looks....

Whats ur opinion about used diesel cars?? Kindly give me some valuable comments on this...!! Looking forward for ur reply...

Regards

Naveen

Oops you have wrong information about Vista. New Vista -Quadrajet is far better car in all the aspect that is important in taking the decision. New Vista has same engine which is doing duty in Swift & Fiat. The engine is jewel and noiseless. Space management is superb in Vista. In your budget and requirement the only car which fits is Vista. All the best.

yes i agree with nikvint. the problem of noisy diesel that naveen04in is talking about was faced in early indica's. the new vista has a very refined engine. i think vista is best for you. as for the looks, i am sure vista's looks will grow on you slowly. go and test drive one. good day.

I agree, not only the engine but the overall quality of the car has improved a lot with the Vista.

Read the review by FRG in the reader test team section of both the Vista and Palio, it will help you decide.

@naveen, under 5 l if you don't want Tata, then you have only one choice that is Fiat Palio, but that is also sold and serviced by Tata. I've heard that Palio's spares' price have been slashed. But still it may be replaced in a year or two. The other choice is Vista, a pretty good car from Tata. Its engine is the famous multijet and the overall quality has also improved a lot. Or buy an used car which has less than 20k on the odo.

tata vista quadrajet aura top end model will be 5,34,555/- onroad all inclusive in my city so if you can stretch this little bit, you'll get new car, new engine from fiat which is doin on swift and palio also, lots of space and nice comfort ride, Used diesel is very limited option to look at cause very rarely ull see very less used and runned diesel car, though only buy one from reliable source.CHEERS!!!

naveen, if you dont want vista then i suggest you stretch your budget by 50000 and go for either swift-vdi or ikon-tdci. Getz CRDi is costlier than both but another reader who is hoping to buy a getz reported that the company is doing some price revisions which should decrease getz price, so you can wait for that too.