• Ford Endevour thunder
    • Mitsubhishi Pajero SFX
    • Nissan X trail
    • BMW X3
    • Audi Q7
    • Chevrolet Captiva

Lets Discuss about the most respected type of automobile the '' SUV's

There are quite a few only avilable in India which are true offeroaders

Lets discuss all the aspect and vote for the best SUV amongs the Listed ones.

SUV basic Qualifirs

4*4

Traction conrol

ABS EBD

Driveability

Power as wel as

The Driving Comfort

we own a range rover 3.6 tdv8 and a mitsubishi pajero sfx and i can tell you out experience that the pajero is not too far behind in off roading capability than the rangie..

we have taken both cars together on some pretty serious off road tracks where none of the other cars in the poll would have survived let alone finish!

my vote is for the pajero sfx!

I test drove Pajero SFX the other day, i felt this is the only true offroader available in india as of now.

have ssen the Demo videos @ Mitsibhishi dealers abt pajero SFX extreme offroading capabilities , it was truly awesome.

My vote : pajero SFX

Besides this ..

Endevaour is also a very good offroader but again not in the league of pajero

audi and BMW SUVs are class apart_ but no data of their Practical offroading i could go through.

may experts in this forum add some inputs

I wish the mother of all Off-roaders - Toyota Land Cruiser was available. Ask those on the Aussie outback, where you life may depend on the reliability of your mount. I hear the Land Cruiser outsells everything.

My vote goes for Pajero Sfx followed by Endeavour...

Mitsubishi is very good when it comes to Off-roading and though old it stills leaves everybody behind..

Audi Q7 isnt that good off-roader though a very good vehicle and my favourite one...Even Merc Mclass, Range Rover and Porsche are available in india and are very good off-roaders, so why they arent in list...

I voted for Pajero only because there is no Toyota Land cruiser available in India, its THE BEST..i have been to Dubai Desert Safari, a true destination for Off-roading in LC and its the Best according to me..

I dont like the pajero as its so old and the color combo of white and the color you choose is just ugly. I rather go for the new montero which is a pajero.

Yes Montero looks really good but its not in the list..

Till now Pajero wins hands down...

I had interesting discussion with HM regional sales head few days back on a pajero and cedia display event in Our branch.

Abstract:

1. Montero is  a 4th GEN pajero with a different brand name _means the vehicle in the same league with a better luxurious features and higher price tag . However its dimentions does not make him better than pajero.

pajero SFX is still have the best of the capabilities for some Tough and rough offroading.

2. Outlander - again a vehivle in the same league with a niche, as its available only in petrol.

3. 3rd Gen pajero ( green one with curvy bonnet ) has been disconitued and mistubhishi is promoting the base 2nd Gen pajero ( pajero SFX ) to serious offroaders.

4. Pajero does not compete with merc M class, or BMW X5 or Audi Q series as it is meant only for a serious offroading. MEr, BMW and Audi are way too expensive to practically never be used for serious offroading in india..

Any view on this guys

bhalchandra2009-02-11 10:59:45