lovemycar

Ford New Ikon 1.4 TDCi

HI Rams.goa went to test drive (TD) new ford ikon TDCi. superb carsmiley2.gif.. thats what i have to say........ fabulous pick up and acceleration is extremely fast thanks to its reduced body weight and no turbo lag... and its faster than swift dzire VDi as a Swift Dzire VDi tried to compete with me.. i drove at 100 km/ph and brakes have good biting power. the on road price in kolkata for Ikon TDCi is Rs 568474.  dealer told me that i have to pay for the Ford bluetooth enabled music system tell me is it true???? he will give free mats, body stripes, whell well cover.. mud flaps not needed.. will book next month. color finalised is morello. car will be delivered at house within 2 weeks from date of booking..( No home-delivery charge)...the car is very comfortable both at front and in the rear( rear seat still the best smiley1.gif).. thanks guys for suggesting me to go for Ford iKOn TDCi.. sales person's behaviour far better than Maruti suzuki, TATA Motors and they truly value customers.. he told me it will give 17-18km/pl overall in kolkata's start stop traffic with100% ac on.. ac is powerful and cabin kools quickly..

For 568K you get only the basic model with AC and power widows.  All other accessories you have to pay extra. In a way this is OK as you save on registration (and insurance) charges if they are factory fitted. 27.5 K covers almost all accessories. In addition go in for a remote boot opener -it will save you a lot of trouble later on. Also go in for underside and paint protection to keep your car shiny for the first few years. I would also suggest to go in for the extended warranty for the third year for peace of mind.

swiftvxi, congrats on your new buy, ikon indeed has been a gr8 car with its super diesel engine which is efficient and easy to drive with that price range, would advice you to take the delivery by urself from the dealer with few checklists which needs to be checked,have a safe ride and keep updating.

TATA Motors truly value customers

Sorry buddy, but I don't agree on this.

OK first tell me whether you are referring Before Sales or After Sales.

If its Before Sales, ALL Manufacturers Value Their Customers.

Its the After Sales which matters the MOST. Most of the members on this forum CURSE Tata Motors', Fiat's After Sales.

Not ALL MASS (Maruti ASS) are good. Some are pathetic. Same goes for Tata, Fiat, Toyota, GM, Honda.

It depends on the Nature of Service Supervisors and the Owners of the Authorized Service Centers whether to help the Customers sooner or later.

Totally agree with you on this. No matter what the reputation of the car - both nationally and internationally - It is finally the quality of service that your local service station provides that determines the performance of your car. Gone are the days when the local roadside mechanic could overhaul the engine; nowadays cars are very sophisticated and require precision tools. So the bottom line is - ask around and check out the quality of service that your local service station provides.

Maruti service is legendary. Ford has a reputation for expensive maintenance - but they provide good service. I recently fitted a lot of accessories on my Ford Ikon TDCi and workmanship was top notch.

hey, congrats on you buying the ford tdci.

its the only diesel sedan available for under 6.5 lakhs, apart from the logan which is more expensive and the dzire which has a waiting period of 6-7 months atleast.

Btw, i doubt if the ford ikon tdci is faster than the dzire 1.3 ddis. can anyone put up the 0-60 and 0-100 figures of both these cars form ACI? Probably the ford ikon should return better mileage than the dzire, if im correct.

thanks guys for helping me out with the perfect diesel sedan for Rs 6 lakhs. ya the ford ikon tdci may be a bit slower than swift dzire but its more fuel efficient thanks to reduced body weight, less height and low stance. its more aerodynamic, has a lesser coeffiecient of drag, than swift or dzire hence its more efficient.. logan doesnt look good and it looks like an outdated car of the early 1990's.  the car looks like a bread box on wheels,has single rear reverse lamp( stingy approach/cost control measure)plus the interior design has worst ergonomicssmiley18.gifsmiley26.gif, no proper door handles to close the doors from the inside smiley3.gifsmiley26.gif(even maruti 800 has better interior), awkward power windows switch position even though it has a good diesel engine but sadly maintenance and spares part prices has increased this yearsmiley26.gif... in that sense the ikon tdci looks far fresh than a logan, has better exterior styling(similar to european ford fiesta mk5), genuine big car feel with nice beige interiorsmiley17.gif( obviously not as spacious as logan), proper ergonomics, good and spirited diesel engine( has similarity with swift dzire when the engine pulls the car eagerlysmiley16.gif!!!) and the perfect price..the similar spec-ed logan costs around Rs.1.50lakhs more in Kolkata..smiley26.gif

hey sudeepd, i was talking about before sales service.. both the maruti dealer Dewars Garage and tata-fiat dealer R.D. Motors were reluctant to show their cars. in tata showroom went to test drive Indica Vista in Nov 2008 but the sales person told me that test drive would not happen then plus the dealership would close by that time..but. then i called up the manager of the dealer who  told me that the lady provided me with false information and that theyw were very sorry for this kind of conduct. i told tham that if tata motors doesnt value customers like hyundai, honda, ford then soon their share in car market would fall and see it happened right in december!!!that tata motors registered their lowest sales growth far less than maruti. even in new delhi, a person was sold a used tata Indigo by a dealer as a new car after he repainted the car and repaired some of the problemsThis news came in Mail Today newspaper in New delhi in January 2009. the state consumer readdressal forum told tata motors to replace that car but still now they havent done and plus they r still denying the fact that the person was sold a used defective tata indigo... now this is what u call Customer care..even the maruti dealer where i went with my friend who wanted to look for a small hatchback within rs 4.2 lakhs was not offered to test drive the New A-star for which he went to the dealer inspite of the fact that the car was parked right in front of the showroom. the sales person's face showed that our presence made him feel irritated and disgusted.....it was a disrespectful behavour both on part of maruti and tata dealers. we felt as if we were insulted.... look at the dealership behavour of Ford, Honda, Hyundai..so warm, caring, informative and u feel that u r at home... and man dont compare it with Ford or Honda because in 2004 Ford recalled 2000Ford explorer suvs in US and European market and replaced some parts free of costs and was actually requesting the owners to drop their vehicles at the nearest Ford showroom. Even Honda recalled Accord in 2006 both in India as well as in US as it had some problem with the fuel pump..Skoda recalled petrol Fabia's in 2008 in india too. but maruti and tata wont recall their cars even if they delivered a problem becuase they are mass market car producers who dont bother about customer satisfaction and safety.....High time they start valuing customers otherwise things may go drastically wrong!!!!!

The Ford, Honda even the Maruti-Suzuki dealers in Goa impressed me with their commitment. Tatas were the worst.  AC  not on in the showroom,  Cracked floor tiles at the entrance steps, unkempt surroundings (where new cars are parked), Xerox copies of brochures, poorly trained sales staff etc. They have to improve considerably before I consider buying automobiles from them.

wishing you all a very happy and safe holi..whats the best ICE(In car entertainment )(single DIN player)in th market for Rs 13,000. (sony, kenwood, blaupaunkt,jbl, jvc,pioneer,nippon)please give some light. will put it in the new ford ikon tdci...

hey sudeepd' date=' i was talking about before sales service..[/quote']

Even Before Sales Service is different for Different Dealers. Not all Ford, Honda, and Hyundai Dealers are good and not all Tata, and  Marutis are Bad. It depends on the location and the reputation of the Dealer.

Also I want to share some Personal Experience. I don't know whether this Off topic.

Once I went to Toyota Dealer (it was next to our office) to fit Headlight bulb of our Indigo Ls. I thought I will charge us less (Rs. 20-25) as their showroom was next to our office. He charged Rs.200/- just to fit a new bulb smiley18.gif(Only labour was Rs.200/- Bulb cost additionalsmiley3.gif). Local mechanics take Rs.5-10/- to fit the bulb.

That's why the Resale Value of Honda and Toyota is VERY GOOD Since their parts and service are VERY GOOD (Read Costly).

Even though AC in Ford Ikon is very powerful and cools quickly its effect on the engine power is not felt. However, the negative side is that in the mornings evening and night, the car gets very cold even when the AC kept on the lowest settings.  Means I have to frequently put if off and then on as the car also heats up quickly. Afternoons ti works fine. Wish it had climate control or at least a thermostat.

thanks rams.. for ur advice on new ford ikon tdci. its ging to be a great affordable,sporty modern diesel sedan. even ask autocar anything suggested me to go for ford ikon tdci as it haas become lighter on the pocket. but man plz share some info on discounts.But dealer told me right now no discounts but i think they should have a corporate offer or discount. plz verify buddy and tell me as in kolkata there is only 1 Ford dealer, Ganges Ford.

swiftvxi06..congrats on your buy.

nice to hear that there are still many intelligent buyers..who dont go for the rickety swift dzire.

ikon is a very sturdy car..

just sat in the ikon for the first time and i couldnt feel the engine noise at the back seat.

the interiors are fine.

and there was no feeling of turbo lag.

and the fiesta engine has already proved itself..

drive safe

At the moment there is no discount in the Ikon TDCi. In fact the price of all ford vehicles, except Ikon,  were increased in Jan 09 by more than Rs. 5000. With the rupee falling to a new low, prices of ford vehicles which have a strong imported component can only go up. Remember, the final price of vehicle is not what is quoted during booking but the prevailing price during deliver/registration of vehicle.  So if there is a price revision after booking then you will have to pay the extra money.

There is a slight reduction in excise duty announced in Budget, I am not sure how much will be passed on to customers after April 09. Bank interest rates may also be slightly less after April.  Best time to buy is now or in April.

After a small haggling and a bit of cooperation from dealer I was able to save about Rs. 7000. Freebies include rubber mats, car perfume, number plate (basic) emergency lamp etc. I did my own registration and saved Rs. 2500. Also by registering and insuring the car without any accessories (ICE etc.) I saved a few thousand rupees.

Thanks rams and aneesh. the ford ikon tdci is a performance diesel sedan. rams will book car in April 2009 and would instal ICE after registration and insurance. Bank interest rates wont affect me as i am buying the car by paying the whole amount by cheque. thats why i was asking u about any discount available or not. In kolkata however one cannot do one's own registration unless u know the touts working with the PVD. Since the dealer has fixed touts who work under them to get their cars registered, its actually easier, hassle free and less time consuming..thanks buddy once again..

Goa probably is one of the few places in India where once can do registration of vehicles without help of touts.

An accessory I found really useful for the new Ford Ikon is the remote boot release. An electrically operated boot release with a small smart button near the base of  the gear shift. It is expensive but very useful especially when the family is shopping and you are in the car listening to your favorite music. Save you the bother of taking out the key and going to the rear of the car to open the boot.

After 1000 km I dont have a single problem with the Ford Ikon Diesel. In my office it is parked next to a Dzire and an Accent. It looks much better than the other two - especially after the 3M paint protection job, it is (  to use a 70's expression) "far out".

can any one share their personal experience of

ford ikon tdci engine performance and maintenace.

i heard that ford has reduced their spare price.

i am looking to buy new diesel car before 31st march,

can any one suggest which one is best.

my budgetis 6lac.

what is the review of new tata indiaca vista.

can any one share their personal experience of

i am looking to buy new diesel car before 31st march' date='

my budgetis 6lac.

what is the review of new tata indiaca vista.

[/quote']

Personal experience regarding performance of Ford IKON TDCi diesel engine has been discussed in this forum. In a nutshell - my experience with Ford Diesel (one month and 1000 km) has been good. Performance is great in all aspects and gives a good mileage. Regarding  maintenance no one can give you a long term personal experience as this version has been introduced only in Nov-Dec 2008. The engine is a proven one from Ford Fiesta. I personally feel that Tata cars cannot compete with Ford in terms of design, fit,  finish and long term performance. Tata's are of course lower in cost and maintenance.

""can any one share their personal experience of

i am looking to buy new diesel car before 31st march,

my budgetis 6lac.

what is the review of new tata indiaca vista."""--- CHITNIT..

I completely agree with rams after all he was one of the few guys who suggested me to go for New Ford Ikon TDCi. its indeed the perfect decision which i made. the Ikon TDCi is simply India's best performance diesel sedan and it has the potential of becoming India's most fuel efficient diesel seadan..( overthrowing all the maruti cars here)!!!! Indica vista is not as refined as a Ford as Tata's built quality is pathetic and why r u comparing the product of  an Indian commercial vehicles manufacturer and that of America's 2nd biggest car manufacturer!!!!!!.. Ford vehicles mean tough and superior build quality, style, refinement and plus u get a sedan for less than Rs. 6 lakhs and the Ikon is a proven car not only in India but also in Europe, South America, China, South Africa too where it was sold both in sedan and hatchback version( As Ford Fiesta mark 5,6)  and the ikon tdci has solid european engineering wich tata doesnt have or they dont have the necessary skills.. just without looking at any thing just go and book the ford ikon TDCi and its 100% worth ur hard earned money..the ford ikon is far more exciting to drive than indica vista and has a superbly precise steering, linear power delivery, very good suspension, well controlled from body roll( due to less height than indica vista and lower centre of gravity), sporty suspension.. in all its a very good package far better than maruti swift dzire..( India's most awkward looking sedan....yuck!!!). u will love ikon's driver seat as well as the comfort of the rear seat. its superbly comfortable and has genuine big car feel for small car money......Go for it Dude!!!!