yashambika

Suzuki GS150R & Pulsar 150 DTS-i or 180 DTS-i

Hi, I am planning to buy a bike in 150 cc segment. I would like to know which is the better bike for 75% city driving and 25% Highway driving.

Suzuki's GS150R or Pulsar 150 or Pulsar 180 or CBZ Xtreme.

I also like to know about After Sale service, spare parts availability. maintenance cost.

Pls help me to know the better than the best?

I've not ridden GS, but it is rich in low and mid range power which should enhance city riding. I read somewhere that it is great in quality and the engine is refined. I'm not sure about A.S.S.

I'd recommend you GS150R, as Pulsars are too commmon and it has been really long period(in Bajaj's terms) Pulsar has received a facelift. So you may expect it anytime. I read in a blog that three are going to be launched by Bajaj in 150+cc segment this year.

Hey dude i prefer Suzuki GS 150R .Pulsars are really boring these days beacuse you see it everywhare.Check the below ling where i have posted a thread showing the TD of the GS 150R

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3786

If you are young and have hight more than 5.10 and you want to experience the true power go for extreme.otherwise unicorn,puser,fz16 are good. Cant say much about Suzuki.Company is very good but no body can assure you about after Sale service, spare parts availability. maintenance cost.

gs is the best in terms of comfort,fe as well as some new looks loaded with feel good features like 6 speed gears,gear indicators and some powermode kind of thing also has got some gear upshift indicator.its a good buy in 150 segment after the fz and the apache,pulsar 150/180 are good but too much common on roads hence it has lost its sheen,but still if ur heart throbs for the pulsar then go for 180,it has superior looks than its 150 brother.

yash, suzuki has tried to give the best of pulsar and unicorn in their gsr150, gr8 looks resembling pulsar,comfort,handling,ride like unicorn, 6 speed grearbox, first in this segment,dual digi meter, new bike,though ASS is not that gr8 as compared to others but overall is a good package,test drive it once and decide,else you can go with unicorn,hunk,apache or pulsar, else yamaha FZ16,best in its lot so far.

imho, pick up p-180 if you are an avid biker, else gs 150 or p-150 will suit you just fine. if you prefer performance to fuel economy, pick p-180 with eyes shut, you won't regret it. if fuel economy is ur concern, pick p-150 (proven reliability with so many sold throughout india) and after a back to back test drive decide on gs-150 or p-150.

a.s.s of suzuki is nothing to write home about, bajaj's service is much better, parts are price lesser compared to competition and are easily available, reliability of suzuki would be a little bit more but maintainence cost of p-150 would be less compared to gs 150 if anything goes wrong.

i would pick up p-180 than p-150 and then gs 150.

best of luck for your hunt.

I saw GS 150 in showroom, and it felt great! On road price in Coimbatore is 68700/- for GS150R and  67700/- for Unicorn(including extra fitting like crash guard, which a are not standard fitment in Unicorn.) Think GS is worth the extra money. I feel that, there is no point in comparing the above two bikes to FZ 16, since it is a whopping 5000/- costlier (64000/- onroad)

There are many Zeus 125 and Access 125 running in Coimbatore. Hope the GS150 will sell better!!

Suzuki showrooms are, as of now, not available in small towns, since they are in a growing phase. But, that apart, the service at Suzuki showrooms felt great!

I am using a Honda two wheeler for the past 4 years(Honda Eterno), and I feel their bikes are very good. I have used the bike in three different cities, and everywhere, I had bitter experience with the service. They usually show their arrogance towards customers, thinking that,  they are the Big-Boss or something. smiley7.gif

They think that, since they are "Honda" everybody will go for their bikes!!!!

smiley7.gif

carispassion2009-03-27 04:51:58

imho' date=' pick up p-180 if you are an avid biker, else gs 150 or p-150 will suit you just fine. if you prefer performance to fuel economy, pick p-180 with eyes shut, you won't regret it. if fuel economy is ur concern, pick p-150 (proven reliability with so many sold throughout india) and after a back to back test drive decide on gs-150 or p-150.

a.s.s of suzuki is nothing to write home about, bajaj's service is much better, parts are price lesser compared to competition and are easily available, reliability of suzuki would be a little bit more but maintainence cost of p-150 would be less compared to gs 150 if anything goes wrong.

i would pick up p-180 than p-150 and then gs 150.

best of luck for your hunt.
[/quote']

Bajaj's after-sale-service maybe good but unfortunately same cannot be said about quality of its bike. Its deplorable. Its high time they improve it to match Honda and HH etc if they intend to survive in the market.