goenkakushal

Sunfilm (V- kool VS Garware)

hii guys i i want to spend around 6k on sunfilm for my Altis rear +4window.. i found

1)garware ice cool (grand or shield i dont remember)

with 70% heat rejection for 6000 Rs..

2)V-kool i dont remember the name but tht was the cheapest one they had.

with 60% heat rejection for 6800 Rs..

Please guide me which 1 wil be better.. i have also heard that this v kool is fake as v kool does not have any product below 12000 Rs.

and some similar stuff for the garware tht they just say 70% heat rejection but its actually not even 50%

Altis comes with tinted glasses which normally do not need sunfilm as a sunfilm is sandwiched between 2 layers of tinted glass. Check if your windows are also tinted and check with Toyota company if you need to install sunfilm. Insist on a technical person to answer your query.

VKool is very expensive and for 6800 it will be fake. Garware at this price may be good value for money.

Based on my experience of  about tw decades i will rather not have any film in my car. It may be illegal  (take the opacity of the film + tinted glass combo). In any case darker rear and side as compared to the front make looking out a pain.

Tinted glass will suffice if you are driving in the city for short

periods but for longer periods or highway driving it is incapable to

keep the heat out. There is a world of a difference after putting sun

control film. For our heat, sunfilms are recommended, just make sure

you don't put dark films.

6,000 for Garware is expensive to me. I would buy Llumar instead or 3m.

Altis comes with tinted glasses which normally do not need sunfilm as a sunfilm is sandwiched between 2 layers of tinted glass.

Sunfilm is stuck on to the glass not in between them.

I had Garware film installed on my santro in 2005 and it is in excellent shape till today. As I am about pick up a 2009 Chevrolet Neo2 Tavera next week, I spent a few hours reading the internet posts on sun control films.
They all seem to recommend 3M, Llumar and V-cool films. V-cool seems to be too expensive. Llumar has very few dealers. 3M seems to be available all over. So, I decided to get 3M film (Crystalline film with a 5 year warranty). I am getting CR50 (50% visibility and 56% heat rejection) for the sides and CR70 (70% visibility and 50% heat rejection) for the rear, and none for the front wind shield for now. The Tavera SS-D1 already comes with light tinted glasses all around.
The price is not confirmed as yet. Looks like the unofficial mrp seems to be about 380 rupees per  square foot.  I have about 33 square feet of glass in Tavera. I was also told that some of the dealers will charge more for expensive cars.  For example, an Audi will get charged more than a 4 to 7 lakh car.

So, it is what ever your customer can bear.

TSR

I installed Garware Film on our Indigo which claimed 97% UV and Heat Reduction.

Cost me around Rs.1350/- in June 2007.

EDIT:

The film was installed on Four Windows and Rear Windscreen.

sudeepd2009-03-05 15:03:11

Tinted glass will suffice if you are driving in the city for short

periods but for longer periods or highway driving it is incapable to

keep the heat out. There is a world of a difference after putting sun

control film. For our heat' date=' sunfilms are recommended, just make sure

you don't put dark films.

6,000 for Garware is expensive to me. I would buy Llumar instead or 3m.

Altis comes with tinted glasses which normally do not need sunfilm as a sunfilm is sandwiched between 2 layers of tinted glass.
Sunfilm is stuck on to the glass not in between them.

What akj must be meaning is that the front and the rear wind screens are laminated and they do have UV reflection cabability but not to the extent of a sunfilm

Try 3M or LUMAR , they are also very good and reputed film. In my case i have 2 films one 3M and 1 Garware pasted one after other. The reason is i cant stand the heat radiation in my town.But beware there is a reduction in visibility.I got used to it, it is left to your opinion.