callin_neo

indica vista problem

the mileage is far good.without ac for my style i am getting 18-19km. not sure i was just checking with the amount fuel filled in and so far km covered. 25+14+14=54' date=' distance covered so far 900km, ofcourse the fuel indicator still shows half tank.[/quote']

You are not following the Correct way to check FE.

Follow the below procedure to check the FE of your Vista (or any vehicle)=>

Fill the Tank with the Fuel (Petrol/ Diesel as the case may be. In your case its Diesel) up to the brim. Then push your car sideways to remove the air trapped inside the tank. Again fill Fuel. Again Push and remove air. Keep pushing the car and filling the Fuel until you remove the air completely. Reset the Trip meter to Zero. Drive the car for 300kms. Then again fill Fuel as indicated above (Fill Fuel by removing air completely) up to the brim. Note down the Trip meter reading. Say this is "X". Note down how many liters you filled the second time (i.e., after driving those 300kms) and not the First time. Say this is "Y".

Now divide X by Y. The Quotient is FE of your Vista.

In your last post you said the Fuel Gauge Needle is on Half Mark.

Now go and fill Diesel up to the brim and remove the air trapped in tank. Again keep filling Diesel Slowly and pushing the car sideways to remove the air completely. Stop filling Diesel when you are sure there is no air trapped inside the Diesel Tank. Then Reset the Trip meter to Zero. Drive for about 300kms. Again fill the Diesel up to the brim by removing the air completely. Note down the Trip meter reading (Example 300kms). Note down the Diesel required to top up Second Time (after driving 300kms) Example 15liters.

So divide 300 by 15. So the FE comes to about 20kpl.

Follow this procedure and check your Vista's FE. and be happy.

Hi,

I also face similar problem in my Indica Vista Quadrajet. My vehicle has run about 7000 kms. I do not have any issues except this one. I notice more vibrations when the A/C is on and the engine is hot (2 bars on the temp gauge), and this occurs sometimes only. I told this problem to the service center guys, but they could not do anything about it.

hi,

one more issue noticed, now with AC, the  AC vent is making noise in recycle mode at level 4. when turned on for f resh air mode  it was silent.

prbhagvat,

have you noticed above  findings in your vista. i happend checked another vista in the same service center . the noise do exist. i am taking my vista for long drive. so that i can point out any other findings. how much air pressure you are maintaining. i am doing 30,28 (front, rear).

regards

neo

This is not a problem' date=' it is just that the dual cooling fans are running at their higher speed to bring down the temperature[/quote']

With above reference, can calling neo tell us are the vibrations felt only when the engine is cold or only when the engine has reached operating temp. Half Mark or during both (the Engine Temp does not make any difference)?

sudeepd2009-04-02 13:08:57

About the noise from AC vents. Get the system checked for any debris that may have been sucked in when the system was operating in fresh air mode. It is generally small leaves that get sucked in. Having it cleaned will get rid of the noise. Your fuel economy is pretty much what we got from our Vista.

FRG

hi,

Sudeepd: not sure how this can be related? becuz without ac i dont find any vibes.irrespective of engine temp. i tested it with cold engine, also hot enigne. the vibes are only from with AC on. i have started living with it. but will be more happy if i get solution for it.

FRG : i dont hear much noise in fresh air mode. service person showed me another vista, its also making same kind of noise or same intensity of noise.will get it checked if any debris struck. the noise only comes in recycle mode.honestly speaking TATA make good product but the service sector puts it down. i am scared to take my vechile to service center, every time i go...i am getting new issue.  i am happy with the mileage. becuz the roads are really bad, lot of pot holes. it took as it is butter. overall the Vista is VFM for me.

Wish TATA to get me good service for vechile.

When the A/c compressor is switched off' date=' the fans also stop working, hence the vibration is felt only with the A/c on.

[/quote']

In our Indigo LS (First Version), when it tries to cross the Half Mark Temp. the Radiator Fan gets ON. As long as the Radiator Fan is ON, Vibrations are felt through the Steering wheel. Also the Gear Lever Vibrates a Lot. As soon as the Radiator Fan Turns OFF (may be after 2-3 minutes depending on outside temp), the Vibrations of Steering Wheel as well as Gear Lever reduce by 90-95%. i.e., only 5-10% vibrations are felt.

But this is not case with our DiCOR Engine XL.

When the Condenser Fan is ON (Blower is ON), no vibrations are felt, but when the Radiator Fan turns ON, the vibrations double up.

In the Multijet 1.3, the increase in engine speed when the A/c is switched on is not discernible, since the ECU compensates for the load such that the engine speed remains almost the same

In the Multijet 1.3' date=' the increase in engine speed when the A/c is switched on is not discernible, since the ECU compensates for the load such that the engine speed remains almost the same[/quote']

Not only in Multijet 1.3 but it is the same behaviour in all Common Rail Engines.

I experienced this behaviour in XL DiCOR too.

In DiCOR, when we turn ON the AC, the RPM remains the same (at least the Tachometer does not move upwards). But if the AC is OFF and Clutch is depressed the Tachometer moves slight upwards (by approx. 50-75rpm).

hi

i started to live with above problem, now new problem creeped. this time again the AC. the recycle or internal air mode operation is not working, the cabin temperature growing. i took my car to service station. those guys say they fixed it. but its not in pratical. the fresh air mode is perfect. so can somebody help what should i show to them that its not fixed?

Take the car to TASC and ask the technician to come with you for a drive. Turn ON AC with Recirculate Mode. Tell the technician to measure the Cabin Temp (preferably the Rear Seat Temp) after driving for sometime (about 15-20 mins). The temp should be considerably low. If its not, then it will be clear that the Rear is not cooling properly which indirectly proves that the AC is not switching to Recirculate Mode.

May be the Fresh Mode/Recirculate Mode Button got defect. Hence it may not be switching between either of them.

If its so, I guess you will have to replace the Switch/Button if its available loose. Else replace complete AC Switch Assembly (I mean Complete AC Facia). The Assembly may cost around Rs.3200/-.

And if I am not wrong, your car may be still in warranty.

So get this replaced under warranty.

I would advise you to get the complete AC Switch assembly replaced since it is better than replacing only Recirculate Button (I don't think you may get the RM Button loose).

Get the Complete Switch Assembly replaced under warranty.

Hi Sudeep,

i went back to TASC, they say its working fine. i told my logic.  i bet they are not sure what a recycle mode does. they immediately compared with other vista at service center. to my surprise its same as my case. the other cars also same, the internal mode is blowing  warm air. further they asked to me to use both switches. when dusty or smoking surrounding suggested me switch off the fresh air mode. let me wait for call from TATA.

The internal mode is blowing?warm air. further they asked to me to use both switches.

The Internal (Recirculation) Mode is blowing Warm Air that means it is not switching to the Recirculation Mode.

Please check it.

Can you please make it clear what did you mean by "Use Both Switches"?

There is two switches

1. AC ON/OFF

2. Fresh Air/Recirculation Mode.

If you keep both of above switches (AC ON/OFF and Fresh Air/Recirculation) "ON", you should feel more cold unlike your current feel.

Please post a pic of your car's dashboard. I want to see it after which, I can reply it more clearly.

If possible, I will TD a Vista in my town and get back to you.sudeepd2009-05-29 12:42:48

Hi Sudeep,

by both switches i mean put AC on and recirculation on. i agree i feel more cold when both switches on. not sure how this will work. i will take pic tommorrow and post it here. i have raised issue with TATA motors. let me see if they respond.

Hi Sudeep' date='

i agree i feel more cold when both switches on. not sure how this will work.[/quote']

You took it other way.smiley36.gif

I mean to say that if you Turned On Recirculation Mode and if you feel Cold at the Rear Seats (Mind you, don't point the Central Vents or Side Vents to the Rear Seats. Point them to the Front Passengers) after 15-20 minutes (Depending on outside Temp) of Switching ON AC, then your RECIRCULATION MODE IS FUNCTIONING PROPERLY.

I've 2011 Indica vista drove around 62000 kms. The cooling fan is not working when the temparature goes beyond certain level. The engine was over heated and I was on the long travel also. I've switched on A/C To reduce the engine heat bse when I switched on the ac the cooling fan started running. So I drove the vehicle until I came to my home. What could the reason of this. Why the cooling fan is only operating when switch on ac and not working without ac. 

The cooling fan is operated by the thermostats of the engine coolant and one in the AC system. Looks like thermostat of your engine coolant isn't working, so locate it and renew it.