s_voleti

new car option

Hi,

i am planning to buy my first car in the entry segment. I am not very well aware of how to choose a car. I am 6feet 2 Inchs in height and i was told i should buy car which gives more leg space. everyday i travel for 40 kms. my budget is all inclusive 4 lakhs. I am Ok to buy a second hand one. i stay in bangalore

Hope i have given sufficient inputs on my requirements. please advice me

If you can stretch your budget a bit I would say go for the Logan 1.4. It's really spacious and comfortable but a little dull to drive. Other options are a Getz, try finding a slightly used one. It's the most spacious hatchback and made for big built Europeans

If you Drive Around 40 Kms a day then WagonR and Spark are Most suitable i think the Spark with Huge discounts till 21st OCT will add more SPARK to the NEW CAR BUYERSsmiley20.gif

I would say go for Santro. It is good for tall people and best car in category

well i use a zen santro & swift & do not agree with you.

santro is more suitable for short drivers. i am 5'11" & my legs stick to the dash & the pedals position is also awkward so it pains on long drives.

would not recommend a santro. look at a swift.

have a test drive

With your height you may not find something particularly comfy in your price bracket. How3ever, you should be able to pick up very decent cars in the second hand segment. I can think offhand of Honda City , Esteem, Baleno, Accent, etc. The City (you may be able to get an older model car which I reckon was the better drivers' car) is probably the most durable of the lot, and should give your trouble free motoring for quite some time. Baleno has been a grossly underrated MS product. However, I must warn you that MS products do tend to rattle, though I do not know about the Baleno.. May be some other reader can enlighten us here. The 1600 All Aluminium engine is a real beauty, with tons of torque from under 2000 rpm.