Comfortdriver

BMW 325i vs. Mercedes C 200K

Hi,

I just heard that Mercedes is introducing a fully loaded Avantgarde version of the new C Class. It would have a 230K 6 cylinder engine producing 205 hp with all the bells and whistles including memory seats, parktronics, seven speed auto gearbox etc. This is being targetted against the BMW 325i. The cost is likely to be 5 lakhs more than the C Class Elegance. The car is expected to be available in market from May, 2008.

My hope is that Mercedes will upgrade the current C Class Elegance to the same engine and features as the current stripped down version of the C Class Elegance with manual seat adjustments is not worth buying. My own understanding is that the Avantgarde will not have the same ride quality of the Elegance. It is also likely to have a lower road clearance which make it susepatable to the bottom getting hit on Indian roads.

Will this be imported or assembled a big engine is not to taste good in India people will upgrade to E class (when new one will launch ) .

My understanding is that this will be assembled in India. I agree with you that the cost does not make it very attractive and people will look at the E Class. The ride quality on the E class is definitely much better than the C Class. The new E Class is expected to be in India by January, 2010.

Comfortdriver2008-04-06 18:38:21

FRG,

I just read the first drive review of the new Audi A4 that is going to be launched in India this month. It seems like a great option compared to the BMW 325i and the new Mercedes C 230K. While I am sure that there would be a formal review out comparing the three cars, please do share your views on the ride quality of the new Audi A4? The article did mention that it was better than the BMW 3 series, but the real question is whether it will be better than the Mercedes C class.

The car also seems large enough to compare with the next class of cars viz. Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 Series and the Audi A6. Any feedback especially on the ride quality would be apreciated.

Thanks

The 3.2lt Quattro will challenge the 325i .Is merc getting a higher cc petrol engine?

Yes, they have released a 230K six cylinder engine with 215 BHP in the Avantgarde trim with all bells and whistles. It costs about 39 lakhs ex showroom. The Audi A4 3.2 FSI will be a better engine than the Merc and the BMW, but I am concerned that their ride quality will be poor and harsh, especially on Indian roads. This makes a huge impact if the car is being used daily to drive up to the office etc. on city roads.

Comfortdriver2008-06-03 10:01:02

It was written that they will launch merc c class avantgarde but is it already launched...n anyways the old model of audi a4 is still available but what was the reason that it didnt did well in our markets ..

It was written that they will launch merc c class avantgarde but is it already launched...n anyways the old model of audi a4 is still available but what was the reason that it didnt did well in our markets ..

The Mercedes C 230K Avantgarde is available in showrooms at the moment. My own thoughts on why Audi has not done well in the Indian market in spite of good products as follows...

1. Poor dealer network and support is the primary reason.

2. Poor ride quality on Indian roads compared to the Mercedes

Audi, plans to open more showrooms and service stations during the current year and hopefully will take into consideration that their cars are being driven on Indian roads which have a lot of potholes. So feel of the road in India does not provide the most comfortable ride quality.

The new A4 is real good, looks a lot bigger and grown up like the A6.

It also sports the merc type screen and ....... (what do you call that ipod type rotating thing). Always loved Audi's.......

Well the old A4 was also a nice looker and its popularity was not there because the BMW came in and with assembly plant ready a good product they flew but the A6 has done well.

ya they done and audi is on the top ...its really good car even interiors are good though acc. to Aci the quality of plastics is not upto mark..its the most powerful in its segment and looks good in red...acc.to me it has got best looks...Anyways comfort driver which do u own..

I have not tested either of them, but from what I hear the comparison broadly remains the same. The Merc has a better ride quality and the BMW has a zippier engine. The choice is based on personal preference, but mine would be the Merc. Do try the Audi A4 as it has a little of everything.

Hey ppl What abt then new 200 CGI and the 325i ?which is a better choice?

It's a matter of personal preference; I'd value the refinement of a Merc any day to the outright performance of a BMW, as a daily driver. After all how hard are you going to corner in our traffic; mostly you'd be found tiptoeing in either car after paying 35-40 L OTR.

Durango Dude2011-03-30 04:21:54