You can expect about 10-11kpl in the city and about 14-15kpl on the highway from the 1.3 Getz. Getz is a decent highway car as well.

The 1.1 delivers around 9-10kpl and 14-15kpl for the city and highway figures respectively.

FRG

And before someone jumps in and asks why the Getz 1.1 gives a lower city mileage that the Getz 1.3 - its because you tend to make fewer gear changes on the 1.3 thanks to the additional power.

what is the actual mileage of getz in the city/highway? and is it good for highway driving?
On highway it will give you between 11.5-13 and yes its very good highway car coz it has superb high speed stability and good power too(1.3)..

I second FRG & BS for their comment. Getz is a killer on Highway for it's high speed stability and extra strong chasis. Recently I had taken my Getz on Ahmedabad-Baroda Express way and I was very comfortable at 150 km/h. No non-sense noice, vibration, stress inside the car. The car & you feel jsut relaxed even at this speed. All the best.

i am moving closer to finalizing getz. a small query : in one of the earlier posts i had read that GLX 1.3 has a arm rest for the driver's seat. but when i checked with the dealer they said no. Can any1 confirm the same?

Does any1 has any views in Indigo Marina? It fits the bill for 5 seater, good boot space, mileage, highway driving and between 4.5-5 lacs. please revert asap as I just came to know about this car when I was very close to finalizing getz

GLX 1.3 does have a armrest at driver seat. I just got one 3 weeks back.

The armrest however was a little disappointing, as its too low and you can't rest your elbow on it while you are holding the wheel.

Well congrats Ankit and Anurag please dont look towards Marina, its good but still will trouble and will not satisfy you as you will be with Getz or some other car..The Marina is VFM but build quality, plastics, performance arent that good and you might have to visit the TATA workshop quite often..

Hey Anurag

I ordered Getz GVS 1.3 for 4.3 lacs OTR two weeks back. This is the price I got for the 2009 model(the dealer has confirmed this). Will get the delivery this saturday.

What are the prices quoted to you by the dealer for 2008 models? Also which city are you residing in...as in Delhi no showroom is selling the 2008 model.