nim12esh

VEHICLE REGISTRATION

If one buys a car from Chandigarh with Temporary Registration and drive it to Delhi and then apply for Permanent Registration in name of Delhi , what all problems can he face and is this method possible? I am asking this question on behalf of my friend as he is getting a big discount from that dealer in Chandigarh.

Please help.

If one buys a car from Chandigarh with Temporary Registration and drive it to Delhi and then apply for Permanent Registration in name of Delhi ' date=' what all problems can he face and is this method possible? I am asking this question on behalf of my friend as he is getting a big discount from that dealer in Chandigarh.

Please help.

[/quote']

For temporary registration, you should show the proof of permanent residence in Delhi.

well nimesh am not fully aware of this but i guess in this case, he can register his car in delhi without any problems but he needs to take a noc certificate or something like this, may be some experts can clarify in this.

please contact DTO or delaer from you or ur friend have purchased car........ i think as my other friends are saying he have to submit permanent residnce address..   in case of honda , hyundai ,maruti & tata no vehicle is issued to other state residence... it all done with the help of fake or temporary local residence.......... i request u plese complete all formalities with the help of delaer.. otherwise your heavy discount will be ruined by these official or unofficial activities

Nimesh

He can buy the car from Chandigarh Dealer and then take it to Delhi and get it registered there.

When he buys the car from Chandigarh, he should ask the Dealer to make arrangements for Temporary Registration (I think it is valid for 15days) so that while driving the car to Delhi, he will not be fined by the traffic cops. Then after reaching Delhi, he can submit the required documents at DTO and get the car permanently registered at DTO.

We did similar to the above.

We bought Indigo LS from Sanya Motors, Aurangabad in May 2004, got it temporary registration from Aurangabad RTO drove the car to Solapur and got it registered permanently.

Note: Solapur and Aurangabad are situated in Maharashtra i.e., same State.

Don't know much about changing states.

Please check out with Chandigarh Dealer or Chandigarh RTO or DTO for clear information.

nim12esh if ur sure about the car discount the dealer is offering are u clear about the road tax u should pay in delhi compared to chandigarh?

Here in Tamilnadu the temp registeration lasts for about 30 days and ur suppose to get a permamant registeration number within 30 days. And u should pay ur road tax at the time of registering ur vehicle ie applicable to the place where ur registering ur vehicle.

Proof of residence, Dealer invoice copy,Insurance in original are the documents which needs to be produced along with the RTO registeration form.The dealer will send the documents to the place where u wish to register. Until u get the number u can drive with Temp registeraion card, Insurance copy and Invoice copy.

As many people say I don think there is any prescribed KMS within which u need to get ur number.I actually waited for fancy number past 30 days with some 2500 kms in ODO.

the temporary reg number you take should be of delhi only then you can register it in Delhi easily.

Sorry but I will differ here.

How can you drive the vehicle from Chandigarh to Delhi without temp. registration? On highways, the cops will catch you for driving a vehicle without number plate.

So the Temp. Registration should be done from the city you purchase the vehicle (Here Chandigarh) and then drive the vehicle to your destination with that TEmp. Number.

sudeepd2009-03-24 06:48:52

I suggest that your friend take some documentary proof from the Chandigarh Dealer and bargain with Delhi Dealer to get a similar discount. Buying it in CHN and getting it registered in DEL will be problematic. Most states do have an additional-sales-tax on such vehicles. In AP, we need to pay an additional tax of 4% of the invoice value. Moreover, the DEL RTA will insist on a NOC from CHN RTA. Which is agian cumbersome and avoidable. For these specific reasons alone, I brought my XYLO from Hyderabad (AP's capital city which is over 650 kms away from my place - Tirupati) than from Chennai which is very close at only 100 kms away but which in Tamil Nadu.

Delivery will not be given unless you pay the road tax, either full tax or for a quarter (for temp registrations). Similarly, delivery will not be given if comprehensive insurance is not available at the time of delivery. Moreover, unless and until one has all the documents ready in hand, one should not take the vehicle out of the state. That's the RTA rule. Similarly, the Temp registration is normally given for only ONE MONTH. The local RTAs can register the vehicles beyond the stipulated one month Temp RC period, if you pay a penalty of Rs 30/- per month (in AP) for each delayed month, not exceeding six months. That's the current set of rules in AP. Check them thoroughly in DEL and CHN before advising your friend. Many dealers and brokers say that things can be done. But, they will cost a lot than the discount that your friend is likely to get.... Let this aspect be taken care of while negotiating with CHN dealer or for settling for a DEL dealer. OK ?

the temporary reg number you take should be of delhi only then you can register it in Delhi easily.

Sorry but I will differ here.
 How can you drive the vehicle from Chandigarh to Delhi without temp. registration? On highways' date=' the cops will catch you for driving a vehicle without number plate.
So the Temp. Registration should be done from the city you purchase the vehicle (Here Chandigarh) and then drive the vehicle to your destination with that TEmp. Number.
[/quote']

yes you are right my friend, but you got me worng or may be I was not clear. what i meant was that ask the dealer in chandigarh to arrange for a delhi temp number and then drive down to delhi

But kushal, how can a Dealer in CHN or for that matter CHN RTO issue Delhi Temp. Number?

How can one issue a temp number of other state.

When we bought our car from Aurangabad, we got temp. number of Aurangabad itself not our hometown Solapur's. We drove the car with that Aurangabad Temp. Number to Solapur and got it permanently registered in Solapur.

No problem while registering it in Solapur.

My brother-in-law bought a Pulsar 180 DTS-i on 13 July 2007 by Cash at Bangalore.

He shifted to Pune in September 2007. He took NOC in favour of Solapur (Maharashtra) RTO instead of Pune RTO.

He did not get the Registration done at that time due to work. So the NOC expired.

Now he decided to get it done at Solapur RTO (since NOC is in favour of Solapur).

On asking an agent, he said "Submit the Old RC, PUC, Insurance Papers, and Invoice from Solapur Bajaj Dealer of date 13 July 2007.

The Road Tax will be calculated as per the purchase price as of 13 July

2007 in Solapur since the Registration is going to be done at Solapur

RTO.

Is this correct? Means is it necessary to obtain Invoice from Solapur

Dealer of 13 July 2007? Can't the Road Tax be calculated as per Invoice

Price of Bangalore?

I guess the agent is taking for Ride.

Please Guide on this.

EDIT:

When we asked the authorised RTO person (the person who allots registration number in the RTO) he told the Road Tax is calculated taking 7% of invoice + NOC Expiration charges Rs.1825/-. The Road Tax comes to about Rs.4100/-+ plus Rs.1825/-. Registration Card fee is Rs.60/- and Registration charge is Rs.100/-. So the Total comes to around Rs.6100-6200/-.

But the agent whom we asked initially said to give him Rs.7500/-.

Why is he asking for Rs.1400/- EXTRA?

sudeepd2009-05-30 07:30:10

What is the procedure for temporary registration?

As per the provision of section 43 of the central motor vehicle Act temporary registration certificate can be given to a vehicle only in case when owner of a vehicle wants to take his vehicle to the other state. Maximum period of validity of temporary registration made under this section is one month and it is not renewable.
The temporary registration is also known as transit registration because the destination point is also mentioned in it where the vehicle has to reach. This registration is done at M.L.O. (HQ). The Transport Department can also delegate this registration power to the vehicle manufacturers
or other concerned zonal offices.

http://transport.delhigovt.nic.in/Registration/info11.html

after reading this i don't think u need an NOC from CHN RTO , still clear it out with delhi RTO

@Sharash

You answered to nimesh.

But my query is different from the one asked by nimesh (Topic Starter). But since its related to Vehicle Registration, so I thought of posting in this very thread INSTEAD OF CREATING A NEW ONE AND TROUBLE OUR DEAR CYRUS.

Can any one please answer my query?

PLEASE, PLEASE.

my name is sarab not sharash

the 1400 he is charging u extra will be divided between the agent and u know where smiley4.gif , this is india mere dost

sarabjeet2009-05-31 18:24:02

Sorry Sarabjeet for name mistype.

Also I know that the Rs.1400/- will be divided between the agent and the "Public Servants". But don't you think 1400 charge is too high?

OK. Here is my next query--

Isn't it legal to write the Registration Number on Cars in Double Lines (like on 2 Wheelers)?

The Number Plate of our Indigo XL is written as below--

MH-13 AC

instead of       

MH-13 AC 9798

In Solapur (Hometown) no cop catch us for this. My Dad took the Driver alongwith the car to Mumbai some 8-10 days ago. On returning, Driver told me the Mumbai Cops catched the car and told that the Number of Cars should be in Single Line and Not in Double Lines.

Is it True that we cannot use Double Lines for Cars according to RTA Rules?sudeepd2009-06-12 07:14:08