FuelRunGod

Exclusive: Tata Nano Test Drive Report

I too would prefer Nano to 800 . Its more spacious, looks way better. M800 is quite dated. Nano will create stir in the market. There had to be quality niggles. Common we paying 1 lac odd. But i would like to see a top end with airbags too. Hats off to Ratan Tata.

The State Bank of India (SBI) said in a statement that loans for the Tata Nano can be availed for a maximum tenure of 7 years. The bank will make these loans available at interest rates ranging from 11.75 to 12 per cent. Customers who need financing can get the entire booking amount on loan, by making a down payment of Rs.2,999. Booking services, including the sale of booking forms, booking loans, acceptance of booking amount at designated branches, and refund to unsuccessful applicants, will be available at more than 1,350 branches of the SBI across the country. Application forms can also be submitted at Tata Motors dealerships, Croma and Westside outlets. Bookings will begin on the 9th of April and continue till the 25th.

@bluesapphire: Quality of the car is pretty decent and better than expected. It is a cheap car in the end and for the price you pay you really can't complain much.

Value engineering is the name of the game. But some bits like the AC vents are decidedly cheap.

FRG

"The Nano is quite tall and if you park it next to an ML' date=' you'd be surprised to see the matching rooflines. But this translates into good interior headroom (which is quite good by the way). Finished in Canary Yellow, the Nano pulled crowds wherever we went. On styling, I'd give it full marks. Build quality is surprisingly good as well. Panel gaps are even and are pretty good considering the price you pay.

FRG[/quote']

Whats an ML? ya Nano is the pride of india. it showcased the world, Indian technology and engineering..Its rather an invention than a revolution.. but its sure to make further evolution of the Indian small car market..
FuelRunGod2009-03-28 05:17:52

@swiftvxi: ML is the Mercedes ML320. A sport utility vehicle. I compared it with the Nano because the heights of both the cars were almost the same.

@CC: The Nano rides better overall. As far as handling goes, I think the 800 has a slight edge, but only slight. Perhaps I can pass a better judgement once I drive them back to back.

FRG

I watched on CNBC Awaaz Mr. Tutu Dhawan said that the Booking Amount would be 95,000 for Base Version. 1,20,000 for CX or LX don't remember.

When we get alloted the car, we have to pay the Balance Amount within 10days or else the Booking would get cancelled.

Threads Merged.

@Hummer Freak: You've been on this forum long enough to know the rules and regulations. What was the need to create another thread when a Nano thread was already running? Please be considerate and try not to increase our workload.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-04-02 16:46:47

Hey Hummer freak, is it a company vehicle or owned by someone coz till now the booking isnt started, right??..That color is actually the best one..

And FRG, somedays back some of my cousins said that they saw on news channel, the reporter said that Nano's engine sounds like next to rickshaw, means its noisy, i rubbished them saying that newswala can say anything about anybody, they cant resist anything good happens to india..

Now i want to ask you that is it true or its just nonsense talks going on??..

And FRG' date=' somedays back some of my cousins said that they saw on news channel, the reporter said that Nano's engine sounds like next to rickshaw, means its noisy[/quote']

Nano has 2 cylinder Four Stroke Engine. How can it sound like an Autorickshaw?

BS, can you tell me which Autorickshaws were referred to in your post- the 2 Stroke Front Engine, the 2 Stroke Rear Engine, or the 4 Stroke Rear Engine?

The 2 Stroke FE model make most noise. Then the 2 Stroke RE model. Then the 2 stroke RE with Catalytic Converter makes less noise. And at last the 4 Stroke RE model are most silent (in the Autorickshaws category onlysmiley2.gif).

Ha ha sudeep you are being tooo technical actually, it was general and ofcourse i am against the comments by some bloody reporters, they cant resist anybody's success actually..I said that i rubbished those comments and was in serious arguments with my cousins but then we ended because they said that news reporter only said that and he actually was TDing the Nano and told that..Its rubbish actually, but still i was confirming with FRG, and i also want to know that when Idle does nano makes more noise than any petrol car like say M800 or Omni..

It isn't exactly a rickshaw' date=' but to the untrained ear, it will sound like a two cylinder engine that it is. Rickshaws in my opinion sound worse and slightly different.

?

FRG
[/quote'] Means its sound is not like any other normal Petrol car, Right??

Manish I just figured out a small mistake in Cover Story of Nano in ACI April.

On page 77 it is incorrectly printed "The Nano's incredible turning radius of just eight metres makes three-point turns a rare occurrence".

It should have been turning diameter of eight metres or turning radius of four metres.

Also in the same article, it is given in Born To Run section on page 73 "Turn the key and the Nano fires with a muffled 'pud, pud, pud' and doesn't make an autorickshaw-like racket many had said it would".

So I think the sound would be bearable.

MODS: if Needed move my post to ACI Magazine Review Thread.