Sign in to follow this  
cavallino

F1: Australian Grand Prix 2009

Somebody please tell me how u would say "dhutt teri!!!" in Japanese. Can you imagine what must be going on in the heads of the board members at Honda when they saw a car that they poured hundreds of millions of dollars in designing locks out the front row with a Mercedes engine!

This has to go down as one of Formula 1's 'what if?' moments. Honda had even planned to use KERS in a different manner than anyone else. They were going to have a completely mechanical system mated to the flywheel that would not have cost them the 30 kg of moveable ballast that teams like ferrari, renault, mclaren and bmw lose by running the electrical system that uses a battery pack to store the recovered energy.

From what I understand even Williams' system is not entirely mechanical but electro-mechanical. I would appreciate if someone could clear this up for me.

"dhutt teri!!" this would definately how Honda would be feeling right now!!  Stupendous performance..too early to go ga ga over Brawn GP. Yes a nice start. Missed the action since i am stuck in office for a week :(

Heard Sir Richard Branson is getting this team! Whatever that man touches turns to gold!

its only a matter of time that brawn is leading. wait for another 2/3 races. the big names will be in the front as they have not yet utilized the new 2009 rule changes to their best utility.

anyways cant wait till tomorrow 11.30 am

What a Brilliant Race. One of the best ive seen for a long long time. And even though i am a HUGE Ferrari Fan, i am very very impressed with the performance BrawnGP has just put through.

KERS seemed to hurt the drivers running it over a single lap but it proved pretty effective in race conditions didn't it? Massa used it to fairly good effect to stay away from Rosberg and Kubica for a while even though his car was ultimately slower around an entire lap. It will be interesting to see which teams decide to use the opportunity to have a system that allows them to be slightly creative with their strategy in qualifying and jump ahead of faster running teams in the race.

let's see how they use the system in Malaysia where an 80 bhp boost down a long straight could play into the hands of teams running KERS. From purely an entertainment point of view I must say it was a good decision on the part of the FIA to not make running KERS mandatory for this year. Only seven of the 20 drivers used in Melbourne: Both Ferraris, both McLarens, both Renaults and Nick Heidfeld.

I'm sticking my neck out to say more teams will take the leap for Malaysia.

cavallino2009-03-29 16:33:12

Brawn is a genius and now with this historic win, I hope he gets the sponsorship to capitalise on the edge he has over the others. The absence of logos nee lack of sponsorship was shocking. Malaysia may see a lot many brands covering all that white space

oh yeah!

i am also a die-hard ferrari fan but i was impressed by Brawn GP!

i think Button has a bright future with this team!

and surely that KERS system isnt of any help

Richard Branson's Virgin brand did appear on the BGP 001. Isn't it more than slightly ironic that a team with 'Virgin' branding secured a front-row lock-out in quali and a 1-2 in the race? You can't script something like that, and the word play is just too funny!

smiley4.gif

I Agree. Hamilton has been nothing but lucky since the last season. And about the KERS, the cars some to be understeering but at the same time the back end seems to be skittish at the same time.

CYRUS432009-04-01 19:44:10

STARTLING NEW REVELATIONS INVOLVING THE DECESION TO PROMOTE LOUIS HAMILTON TO POSITON 3 AT MELBOURNE.

Hamilton excluded from Australian results, Trulli regains third

McLaren

The British press is calling Hamilton a "LIAR" and his image is taking a beating.

Hamilton does not get any points and Jarno is third. So Mclaren and Ferrari finish Australia even, without any points!

I feel that it well entertaining all viewers but i need to know Australian Grand Prix if you want that visit below website

Australian Grand Prix 2011

altiusdirectory.com/Sports/australian-grand-prix-schedules.html