hitesh496

p200cc is better or FZ16

The FZ16 is definately a better handler and of course a better looker.

The Pulsar is up for a facelift soon anyways. So do wait a bit before deciding what to buy.

But, as a Product, the Yamaha is definately better.

style wise, FZ is the better one.

But pulsor is having better power output. considering the price, P200 is a better go. it will be more comfortable on long journeys, whereas, FZ will be better in town.. :)

Do check out, if P200 face lift will be available soon.

FZ16 rocks as a product. It is a Yamaha, so expect high levels of quality and reliability which Bajaj can't even dream of. P200 is quite old now, in terms of Bajaj's policy, so expect a facelift in the near future.

even i m in the process of buying a new bike....i think its worth waiting for new p200 rather than goin for FZ-16...

To say with Bajaj's activities, it'll be worth wait for all their models' face lift, because new models are very frequent with Bajaj. Every Bajaj stays on for not more than a year.

previously i was about to buy a p200...but then i got 2 know that its getting a facelift n will b introduced in june 09..so i postponed my decision..i like FZ-16 for styling,quality,ride...but its 150cc engine is a bit letdown for me...its low on performance as compared to p200..the initial pick up is good but than it slows down..so i need a best performer within my budget of 80,000..

the FZ is not at all value for money.  even the Pulsar 180 and Apache RTR 160 are cheaper and are more powerful  than the 150 cc FZ. also many owners are reporting quite low mileage for the FZ, about 35 kmpl.  the performance of the FZ is also cannot match the RTR 160 and Pulsar 180

there are strong rumors of an updated Pulsar 180, 200 and Apache 180  

FZ is priced high and it is not a normal 150cc. It is only for specific kind of people and not for commuters. RTR160 and all Pulsars cannot even come close to FZ when quality, reliability, Ride, handling, resale value, durability, braking, etc.. aspects are considered.

Bajaj and TVS have more updates on their bikes. They are like Tata. They do R&D with customers as testers. If you would like to contribute to them, buy their bikes. These two companies make low quality bikes. The image of the bikes of these companies are also not good.

FZ is meant only for specific type of customers, the ones that only love to show off. 

the FZ is all show and not that great go.  overrated.    apart from looks how different is the FZ from other bikes? the mileage is poor too.  

@INDIBIKER

Dude, FZ-16 has better handling than any other bike of it's class. it oozes class and style, and if you purchase an FZ-16, then all know that you have enough money to purchase yourself a car because it is a high end 150cc bike which is capable of dealing with 180cc's.

Apache RTR 160 Fi cannot even come close to it even after having 10 more cc or 1 more BHP.

And FZ-16 gives a mileage around 45-55. That is what all 150 cc's give.sparshq2009-04-11 06:18:11

who says the image of Tvs and Bajaj is not good? 

When you disagree with this point' date=' then there is no point in proving anything with you.[/quote']

CC, Sorry to come in both of you, but I would say if someone does not agree on anything, its that time only when you should prove it.

If he had agreed that TVS and Bajaj have no strong image, then there would have been no need to prove it since he agrees it.

Please Don't Mind CC, but if TVS and Bajaj have no good image, how is that they are selling lots of bikes (I agree the number is not huge as Hero Honda and some of their products are having flaws), but they sell considerable number of bikes.

What image does TVS and Bajaj have. Leave the sales aside. Look at the quality of bikes they offer. Check their resale value with the bike of honda and HH. Bajaj and TVS are known to do R&D with customers, just like Tata doing with their cars. They launch a bike, they do constant works and launch another in a very short period. I lost count on how many bikes were launched by TVS in total. Take the case of HH, no mechanical changes in their bikes, only stickering jobs are given by them for facelifts. Look at the sales of Bajaj, they launch a bike and after a short period, its sales fades away(Pulsar an exception) and so they launch a new bike with some changes. What would be the condition of the buyers?

Please Don't Mind CC' date=' but if TVS and Bajaj have no good image, how is that they are selling lots of bikes (I agree the number is not huge as Hero Honda and some of their products are having flaws), but they sell considerable number of bikes.[/quote']

Selling lots of bike?

If you consider sales, see honda. It overtook both TVS and Bajaj and Bajaj was the second largest seller, but now they have fourth position. What do you say on this?

TVS has sales mainly because of XL super, Scooty nd Apache to some extent. Scooty looks good, weighs less, so girls prefer it. XL has no competitors and are mainly bought by rural customer, as it suits their usage more. Apache sells for its racy nature but quality is still not good.

Only Suzuki and Yamaha sell less bikes than Bajaj and TVS. Yamaha concentrates more on premium bikes now and you can't expect more sales with it. Suzuki's opeation is improving slowly and they are a new company in our market. If you consider this in the right manner, then TVS and Bajaj holds last place in our market, as Honda, HH, Suzuki, Yamaha have good quality and reliability.

Both are little different..with the Front telescopic inverted shock absorbers..,rear mono shock..,Tyres,mirrors and others..

though both look photoshop jobs but the second one looks neater...