haricharankumar

Re: UVA 1.2 - GETZ 1.3 - SWIFT

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks everybody for all your comments and suggestions. I was very helpful. I have test driven all the three cars.

Personally, I was not ok with Swift. To me it lacked rear space. The interiors were not that good. It needed too many gear changes within the city. In addition, the waiting time was too high (8 weeks for a diesel car!).

Then I tested Getz 1.3 GVS. The car

As you said, Getz  production will be stopped in future, better avoid getz.

Swift is good vehicle.

You can consider Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura , which is best diesel hatchback with foldable rear seats, height adjustable driver seat etc.. and rear seat comfort is very good.

I had paid advance amount for Vista quadrajet aura after 1 and half month research.

Hi,

1.I think GM India operation will not be affected much. India is a key business for GM and they will keep India working as such. I don't think there will be any problem to GM india customer.

2. It depends how much risk you can take for a car which is not impressive from any angle and will get face lift soon.

3.Euro IV is applicable to new cars to be sold after 01-April-10. It does not apply to the cars already sold.

4. No.

5. It will not affect the current owner any more.

6. Hyundai has not stopped production of Accent and Santro even after launching Verna and I-10 respectively. Generally spare are available for 10 years, once the product is discontinued.

Your choice of Getz is very good if you intend to keep your car for more than 6 years. After 6 years, the diff in resale value of current generation car and an old car like Getz will minimal.

All the best.

nikvint2009-04-02 06:30:15

You need not create topic, you could have continued it in the earlier thread.

Anyways, i would suggest you to go for i20 magna if your budget permits, it is better than Getz in almost all aspects and you won't regret paying the extra bucks.

@csnana & sparshq

He had problem with space in swift. There is no way that is going to be solved in i10. I would suggest go for getz or indica vista. Both are spacious and excellent cars overall. Go for i20 only if you can stretch your budget

@sparshq-- i 10 has more rear space than swift????? This is really absurd! Swift is actually a bigger car and both the rear and front are much roomier than an i10! I'm sure ACI spec w.r.t legroom will justify this! On the contrary, i felt that the i10 was a bit cramped at the driver seat, your legs keep getting in touch with the gear console.

anyway, bk to the topic..i think getz is a better choice when compared to the uva in terms of ASS, reliability, re-sale vaue etc..H/ever, you will be better off buying the indica vista QDJT for the same price!

The Rear Legroom of i10 Min/Max: 65.5/82.5 cm

The Rear Legroom of Swift Min/Max: 62.5/85.5 cm.

The Rear Legroom of Indica Vista Min/Max: 72/92 cm.

All Figures Source: ACI Buyer's Guide.

if u liked getz there ...go for it ...theren is no better and practicle car in this price range then getz ...u get everything u need and wud b happy with a.s.s. of hyundai also ...swift no where near to getz in terms of space , build quality , city driving , and long term durability ....

if i had to choosed if wud not have gone for the getz....MAN U R GETTING A CAR BIGGER AND BETTER THEN DZIRE (LARGEST SELLING SEDAN ) IN LOWER PRICE

i10 has good space at the rear' date=' atleast more than the swift[/quote']

Swift is bigger than i10, including the rear seat space. May be the dark interiors has given you false impressions.

@sujith

Hey you!

Are you 7.5 feet tall? smiley36.gifsmiley17.gif

if i was 7.5, i wouldnt even fit in to an i10 or a swift for that matter! anyways, i10 is a much smaller car than swift, why dont you pls refer thet leg room dimensions in ACI and try sitting in both the cars before commenting that the i10 has better rear space than a swift! Didnt expect such a gross oversight from a forum member though!

I have posted the Rear Legroom as indicated by ACI Buyer's Guide in case of i10, Swift and Indica Vista. Please check the first page.