LUXURY CAR SHOOTOUT

The contenders are-

Honda Accord 2.4 Inspire AT

Toyota Camry W2 AT

Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI AT

Nissan Teana AT

First let us see what ACI Magazine says about the four contenders-

1-Honda Accord

Honda's new accord delivers the same magic in a larger, more substantial package. This is the right choice if you want a luxury car and aren't ready to pay stupid money for it. There's a massive amount of space on the inside and the seats are very comfortable. High quality interiors make it feel like a proper luxury car and also impart the sense of ability to deliver at least half a decade of hassle free service. Our luxury car of the year 2008.

2-Toyota Camry

Aggressively styled with a funky interior and a sweeter, more responsive engine, the new Camry is infinitely exciting than the outgoing model. However, the rear seats are not as comfortable as before and being a CBU import, it is more expensive too. Like any Toyota, top notch reliability is a given.

3-Skoda Superb

Skoda has gone all out with the new superb to make you feel that you are buying a 40 lakh car for half the price. It has technology, features and safety equipment that befit other luxury cars. But the surprise is the 1.8 TSI motor, which has performance and efficiency to threaten the Accord.

4-Nissan Teana

You cannot get a more luxurious, or a more comfortable car that imparts a sense of occasion for this much money. Add the Japanese reliability factor and it makes a compelling case. It's best for four people though and the dealer network is minimal. Resale value is Abysmal.

SO MEMBERS, CAN WE HAVE YOUR VIEWS PLEASE?

For me:

1) Skoda Superb

2) Honda Accord

3) Toyota Camry

4) Nissan Teana

Note: It might sound a little contradictory but if I were to purchase one among the above, I would choose the Accord, simply because of peace of mind!

I don't want to go through the agonising experience of owning a Skoda!

Superb is a very good car, I've voted it on top but there are serious deficiencies from Skodas side like poor A.S.S, heavily priced spares, quality problems, niggles, etc.
speed2009-04-06 17:11:36

I would rank them as follows:

1.) Skoda Superb - Now its Vfm, loaded with features, snob value, comfort, Fuel efficient and powerful engine, and GERMAN Quality which i love the most.

2.) Honda Accord- For looks, refinement, peace of mind, performance, Comfort and obviously the Satisfaction of Honda.

3.) Nissan teana-(but only new one which is due soon)- Interiors, sheer rear seat comfort, best if chauffeur driven, after superb, i expect Vfm price, as new one is due very soon i would consider the current one.

4.) Toyota camry - Well actually i cant spend much on this car as this is most expensive in this segment and actually looks dull, although it looks sporty but lack of chrome makes it dull and also interiors are dull due to use of Silver trim with light blue/white illumination which should be green/orange to make it attractive and also it doesnt offers many features.

Hey where is Passat man, its storn contender actually..

1. honda accord-a very spacious sedan..i think its as spacious as bmw 7/merc s class,short equipment list (honda is a miser),good performance ,good a.s.s and that stonker of a v6 at 25 lakhs...i would actually prefer to buy the accord v6 over the entry level bmw/merc/audi,intresting design doesnt looks bad but neither too good...earlier accord looked quiet better.

2. toyota camry-excellent exterior looks ,looks better than accord,average interiors,fuel effecient and good torquey engine,top notch reliabiliy as its a toyota,quiet expensive...one can add a 1-2 lakh more and can buy the accord v6.

3. nissan teana-average looks,extra refined engine..i was standing near a teana after coming out of the exam hall and the car sounded as if it was not running but in actual the owner was sitting inside with the a/c on...its a v6 engine but only 200 bhp,but current offers like free fuel for one year makes it quiet a tempting deal.

4. skoda superb-it looks the worse of the lot with that fabia like front...come on skoda ur luxury cars should look different..earlier superb looked like the octy,very bad a.s.s and expensive spares,not as reliable as the japanese,excellent engine,,long equipment list and very good pricing overall looks a vfm.

if the accord and camry had similar pricing than i would have placed camry at the top but accord is vfm and camry isnt !!!!

My rank of cars

1-Honda Accord

What everyone may say, but I don't agree that skoda superb will be able to disrupt the mighty accord's sales. The accord is a proven and reliable luxury car and is all original design. Comfort is ultimate and so is the performance. Although the refinement levels and the design of the new accord is debatable. The reliability and A.S.S is great as well.

2-Toyota Camry

It is an excellent car all-round although not brilliant in all aspects. The car looks the most handsome out of the lot and even the most stylish. Being a CBU import, quality is a touch above the rest. But the backseat is not the best in the world and accord has much more comfort, although the legroom is more in the Camry. But the superb has the most legroom here. The Camry's interior is ambient and nothing to complain about. Toyota's top-notch reliability comes as a free gift. Now here's a luxury car which can send others crying home.

3-Skoda Superb

If there was any other luxury car other than the Nissan here, the Skoda would be last. Solely on the basis of is Horrible A.S.S and ownership experience, anyone would run away from the Superb. But again, if it was a Honda or a Toyota, it would be priced at least 40 lakhs. That's how good the car is. The interiors are fabulous, although there is a touch of BMW in it. The legroom and comfort levels are best-in-class and the refinement, luxury and performance levels are exceptional. Even the deign is a notch above the old superb. The DSG Auto-box is awesome. But this wonderful experience is dampened by the poor A.S.S and reliability of Skoda.

4-Nissan Teana

The Nissan spells sheer luxury. The cabin is the talking point. Equipment levels are good, it's best being chauffeured in this and the refinement levels are fantastic. The silky smooth V6 engine complements the interior. The comfort levels are great. But the rear seat is very narrow and is only best for two people. The car is pricey and it does not offer the brand value of the other three. The Nissan dealer network is minimal and the resale value is very poor.sparshq2009-04-07 02:17:24

For me :

1) Accord-mainly because of its looks and Honda is anyday more reliable than a Skoda, it has lots of space and interiors are good too.

2) Superb- I love the interiors and it is fully loaded but looks are a letdown and the Skoda badge too.

3) Teana - sheer luxury, would have given tough competition to Accord if it was assembled here.

4) Camry - Though a very good car, doesn't have the feel-good factor of the other cars and interiors are quite dull.

3.) Nissan teana-(but only new one which is due soon)- Interiors, sheer rear seat comfort, best if chauffeur driven, after superb, i expect Vfm price, as new one is due very soon i would consider the current one.

Edit: It should be 'I would NOT consider the current one" instead of what is written above..

Well to me superb doesnt looks that bad but then it isnt as stunning as Accord..

And regarding sales i am sure that Superb is gonna rock this segment because it has most features which are provided in 30-35lac+ car and people are surely fond of those features, so they will ditch the Accord for a Superb. Also till now i have seen 3 new superbs in my city, 2black and 1 white..White wasnt that good but black actually rocked..I love this car ..bluesapphire2009-04-07 10:23:23

for me i have to betray honda for the first time!

1. Superb-superb car' date=' VFM

2.Accord-peace of mind

3.Teana-sheer luxury

4.Camry-not so interesting!
[/quote']

I agree with Archit but would like to add that one should buy a car having most modern features available currently, so the car does not start feeling obsolete after 1-2 years. The automobile technology is changing very fast like computer technology so it does not make any sense to buy a car not having the latest tech or features.

This of course will depend on individual's budget. But at only about 2 lacs difference between Accord and Superb, I dont find Accord an exciting package.

exactly

because the accord is a bang for your money car!

nothing less or nothing more

but in the superb's case it is all more!:)

i am in love with this new skoda superb!