I have been dying to go to Pune and Park My Behind in my cushy bed since a while now!! Maybe Looking at your pics was the final Push I needed!! Its off to pune next week for sure for me!!

@ Cyrus: Have fun; for me a vacation is not complete without proper 'imaging' without my 2 Samsung's <Gosh...these are also 'Korean's' like my car>, I'd rather not have the vacation at all...With the memories engraved in your hard disk, even if your memory fail's, these image's are enough to 'jog' it and also serve as impetus for the next vacation... Durango Dude2009-04-11 09:25:37

OT.

by the way cyrus' date=' where is your instructor license, now i can see heavy license on it. What does it mean? smiley5.gif[/quote']

Sparsh, even I spotted this now, after reading your this post.

Cyrus, Please explain about the Heavy License.

Ravi Sir, Sorry for posting OT in your thread.

Nice snaps DD. Looks like you had a good time in a short trip. Did you go to Manavannur? How was the Trichy Manapparai section?

EDIT: 20's in Kodai is too warm. When I drove down in January it was

really cold and we enjoyed it....The day temperature maxed out at 13

degs and nights were freezing at about 5/6 degs. Eating Baskin robbins

ice cream after dinner in that cold was SUPER!

BTW, how was traffic outside of Villupuram, where there is a lot of

construction going on for the new roads. The last time I went on that

road, a few weeks back to Trichy, I covered 2kms in about an hour and

quarter. I am planning to go next week again to Trichy so wanted to

know.

5u3zEr02009-04-11 14:36:02

Awesome pics DD. keep photoshooting and driving. as i say Make Kodai Trip Exciting. please send more photos of ur Beautifully well maintained Hyundai Elantra GLS amidst picturesque valleys and lakes of the famous Kodai canal. take care. have a safe and enjoyable journey...chill ax!!!!!!!!!

@ Subzero: The road's are generally good. On my return run yesterday, there was a heavy downpour just outside Trichy, almost blinding, all car's had their headlight's and fog's on and there were a lot of diversion's due to the 4 laning going on, yes this stretch isn't that good. At Ulundurpet toll plaza they are testing so no toll, till then there are a lot of diversion's. After that it's a free run till you hit the outskirt's of Chennai. I was doing 110 to 120 kmph regularily went occasionally to 160 kmph till I was warned by my wife. No, I didn't go to Manavanur. I went to Kodai just to relax for 2 day's. Yes now it's warm these day's being April, season hasn't started yet so no crowd's..imagine Bryant's park and Lake was 'comparatively' deserted. One day chilling and one day sight seeing and return.

@ Anjan, thank you for the compliment. @ Swift: Will definitely get back to you with the pic's as and when I make trip's. Thanks to all for the encouraging word's and appreciation...

Awesome pics DD. Especially the day break from Hotel Balcony. It was superb.

And to add, i was there on 8th and 9th. Didn't go out anywhere, other than for eating and walking. The trip was just for enjoying the climate, as i have been there many times before.

@Crazy Cat: The same date's I was there, I started on the 7th at 8am and was there in Kodai 6pm and 8th I spent walking/cycling with my family, the lake, Bryant's park and Coaker's walk. 9th we went sightseeing and on the 10th morn left Kodai by 8.30 am and made short stop's on the way down to click the pic's. and were in Chennai by 6 pm. Where did you stay?

I stayed at Highland Paradise, near Kurinji Andavar Temple. Was twice stopped on the road for more than 30 minutes for the local festival happening at the temple smiley7.gif . We reached Kodai on 8th around 11.30am. We had lunch and took rest and by evening we went around kodai, and had dinner, end of day 1. The next day, went for walking on the streets, then later around 10 just roamed around kodai, then returned home. Didn't go out for sight seeing, not even to lake. We were quite bored for sight seeing, as we had been there many times before, just 3-3.5 hrs travel from Coimbatore. Forgot the camera, so didn't click much pics. My brother clicked few with his N82.