zoomy

ANHC or the linea ?

I've been through the "Ultimate Buyers Guide: Must Read Newbies!" column but still remain confused . I could not find a post where there is a comparison so i created one.
As my title suggests , i plan to buy either a linea or the city.

My top priorities are ( only petrol for me)

1. driving pleasure

2. interior space

3. FE

4. resale price

No.4 is important for me as i usually change my cars every 4 years. Seeing the dismal resale value of earlier fiat sedans (sienna,petra) , i am a little skeptical of putting my money on the linea.

one more query ... is the fiat as fuel efficient as the honda ? i've taken TD of both and found the city's driving sensibilities much better than the linea.

For your priorities ANHC will be better, it will have much better resale and FE is better than Linea.

It also has more interior space.

Linea is a great car but it's petrol is not as good as the diesel.

Hi Zoomy, nice that you went through "Ultimate buyers guide".

I would suggest you to do a little more effort to search, there  a couple of threads with similar queries going on.

You could check out these links:

Otherwise, are you evaluating Linea diesel?
speed2009-04-12 19:15:36

go for the ANHC and trust me you will fall in love with the machine as i am.

if you love driving (as per your pt 1) , city is the one. the linea's 1.4L engine churning  out 90bhp is no match for the ANHC's 118 bhp on pace or performance. 0-100 , the ANHC is almost 5secs fast !

although the linea's exteriors are bigger , they have'nt well utilized the space.

the city despite being smaller in exteriors liberates more interior space due to smart use of design. the boots are comparable (city :502L , linea:500L)

the rear headroom is diappointing though ... if u are a tall guy expect to hit the roof when you are moving in and out of the potholes !

the FE/maintenance/resale is the city's plus point.

the only big minus point : the price and the features offered. the linea is better equipped for sure at a cheaper price.

you buy a "car in totality" and not just the features . so IMO , city should best suit your requirements. happy hunting !

Given the requirements, ANHC suits best.

@Zoomy' date=' aren't you the query poster? To whom are you suggesting then? To yourself!smiley5.gif[/quote']

The query poster is answering the query himself smiley36.gif

smiley19.gifZoomy,

Your problem is why the hell Fiat has priced Linea 175000 Rs. cheaper than ANHC with 31 knock out features at unbelievable price. Low service cost, service interval of 15000 km., extended warranty of 150000 km/ 4yrs.

Dude Strong cars can save your life more than filmsy ones. Have you ever thought of buying Paloi Gtx with 101 Ps, Mother of all Pace or performance.

Linea is not 5seconds slover to ANHC, Its only 1 second.

Who told you that Linea petrol is not fuel efficiant.

Wish ANHC comes at price of 600000 Rs. so no camperisions for you.

Only test driving a car can't be judgemental in all the aspects.

smiley19.gifZoomy' date='

Your problem is why the hell Fiat has priced Linea 175000 Rs. cheaper than ANHC with 31 knock out features at unbelievable price. Low service cost, service interval of 15000 km., extended warranty of 150000 km/ 4yrs.

Dude Strong cars can save your life more than filmsy ones. Have you ever thought of buying Paloi Gtx with 101 Ps, Mother of all Pace or performance.

Linea is not 5seconds slover to ANHC, Its only 1 second.

Who told you that Linea petrol is not fuel efficiant.

Wish ANHC comes at price of 600000 Rs. so no camperisions for you.

Only test driving a car can't be judgemental in all the aspects.
[/quote']

1 sec ??? do you live in the real "automobile" world ?

okay i have the stats for you ... from the aci mag

0-100 : 10.2 secs for the city and 15.1 secs for the linea .

is'nt that almost 5 secs difference ?

even honda is offering a 4years warranty !

and on the maintenace issue ... do u really think fiat's after sales are going to be cheap for the time of your ownership (say 4-5 years ) ???

and fuel efficiency ? is it as fuel efficient as the honda despite honda having a 25% bigger engine ?

and 175000 rs difference ? have you gone to the showrooms or these numbers just popped out of thin air ?

the linea top end (talking about the petrol) retails for 7.6 in del and the honda top end variant is for 8.6 .  do the maths yourself and please tel me where does the 1.75 L difference come from ...

dont forget the resale .... a 5 yr old linea will barely fetch you 3L whereas a 5 yr old city will go in for 5+ ! correct me if i am wrong ....

I would recommend Linea. It may not be as fuel efficient as ANHC, but more features definitely.

I would say if you want Resale Value to be more then go and buy Skoda. It will fetch you more resale value but after making you BANKRUPT.

Only Resale Value is not everything in life. If I had thought about Resale Value, I would not have bought Indigo XL DiCOR in may 2007 but Verna CRDi.

What is the guarantee that ANHC will fetch you more Resale than Linea?

OK for that matter we agree that ANHC gets more Resale than Linea, but what if you get more resale value after spending HALF OF YOUR BANK BALANCE ON BUYING AND MAINTAINING ANHC before you sell it after 4 years.

If I were you, I would have gone for Linea.

If I had thought about Resale Value' date=' I would not have bought Indigo XL DiCOR in may 2007 but Verna CRDi.

No offence but personally i feel the Verna to be generations ahead of the Indigo XL. the sales numbers speak for themselves.

What is the guarantee that ANHC will fetch you more Resale than Linea?

no guarantee ofcourse. going by the today's trend i said this. my friend disposed off his 02 sienna for a mere 80k rs ! do you know how much a city of the same year and mileage fetch ? anything b/w 2.3-2.6 l !

OK for that matter we agree that ANHC gets more Resale than Linea, but what if you get more resale value after spending HALF OF YOUR BANK BALANCE ON BUYING AND MAINTAINING ANHC before you sell it after 4 years.

half bank balance ? its 1L expensive ! and maintaining ? honda products are known for their hassle free maintenace ! 

If I were you, I would have gone for Linea.

will have to really think and decide . thanks for your concerns sudeep !
[/quote']

No offence but personally i feel the Verna to be generations ahead of the Indigo XL. the sales numbers speak for themselves.

I know Verna CRDi is generations ahead of the XL. But while buying XL' date=' we looked the features (Handsfree Kit with Nokia 6230i, Rear AC Vents, Nippon DVD Player with Two LCD Screens, Alloys Wheels, etc.) apart from DiCOR Engine and Resale Value. And we are satisfied with the service we got from it. Save for some problems which were sorted out under warranty and the noisy Engine and Poor Resale Value.

But the Rear Legroom is tremendous. In fact a person can sit on the floor behind the front seats comfortably.

half bank balance?its 1L expensive!and maintaining?honda products are known for their hassle free maintenace!

OK Then Have A Look at this topic

I know this topic has the prices of Accessories Only.

But from that you can imagine the Spare Parts Price of ANHC.

will have to really think and decide . thanks for your concerns sudeep!

you are Always Welcome.

If we buy a car in near future (since the Loan of our XL has ended this month), I would advise my Dad to buy a Linea (My Dad does not go out of my word in buying cars. My Dad wanted to buy Verna instead of XL but I forced him to buy XL).

HONDA SHOULD BE REMINDED THAT THEIR CARS, THE SPARE PARTS, AND THE ACCESSORIES ARE PRICED WAY TOO HIGH.

The Alloys of ANHC cost 47-56K depending on Location of Dealer.

The Alloys of Linea cost 10.5K.

Both set of 4 Alloys.
sudeepd2009-04-13 09:16:59

so there we go again ! honda and fiat have different sets of clientele . its ultimately what ranks highest on your prioity list (driving fun,vfm,fe,resale etc etc etc ) makes you put your money on of these machines.

amongst the diesel, the linea is good but if comes to petrol , the city is surely a better car to drive with fundriving factor and loads of performance !

After reading the whole thread, I feeel that, it is the individual perception about the car and usage makes a decision point. Here Linea is most VFM, if you compare initial cost, features, maintenance cost and accessories price. But Honda has definitely better service and resale value. The cost of maintenance and accessories does not make much difference in 4 years, because your car do not want much maitenance in initial years. Here the resale value is equally important and hence ANHC should be considered against Linea. If one intends to keep the car for more than 6-7 years, Linea makes more sense. All the best.

Zoomy,

Looks like you are Honda City Dealer, The way you are posting here.

Your aim is only to bash Linea because its directly affcting ANHC and Civic.

One of my freind without Knoweledge about Fiat cars bought Civic and another one bought City, Now they are regrating a great lot.

I think you by City and rest at peace. as it is you have found so many plus points in city and so many nagetive in Linea.

Fail to understand when you had decided, why you need others opinion.

Jitendar

@ zoomy..when you have made up your mind for ANHC. and you like the car so much...then go for it..!!

8 out of 10 people like and will recommend you linea..you are the '1' out of the remaining two

what does ANHC provides you for 8.6 lacs??not even a CD player!!...and interiors...with such a cheap plastic quality..and alienatic pricing of spares..!!

@ zoomy..when you have made up your mind for ANHC. and you like the car so much...then go for it..!!
             8 out of 10 people like and will recommend you linea..you are the '1' out of the remaining two
             what does ANHC provides you for 8.6 lacs??not even a CD player!!...and interiors...with such a cheap plastic quality..and alienatic pricing of spares..!!

okay 8 out of 10 people suggest the linea. but how many actually buy it man ?

do you want to know the stats ? last month (as per aci) city sold 4739 units whereas the linea sold 1262 units. thats a ratio of 4:1 !

so where did the 8 out of 10 people go ? to the honda showroom ???smiley36.gif

liking a car and buying a car are two different things !

do you want to know the stats? last month (as per aci) city sold 4739 units whereas the linea sold 1262 units. thats a ratio of 4:1!

These people bought the City with their Heart instead of mind. I would never buy BARELY EQUIPPED Car at 9+ Lakhs when I can get better Equipped Car below that Price.

so where did the 8 out of 10 people go? to the honda showroom ???smiley36.gif

I would not be one of them. I will prefer Linea over ANHC until Honda equips City better and Price the Spare Parts and Accessories CHEAPER.

do you want to know the stats? last month (as per aci) city sold 4739 units whereas the linea sold 1262 units. thats a ratio of 4:1!

These people bought the City with their Heart instead of mind. I would never buy BARELY EQUIPPED Car at 9+ Lakhs when I can get better Equipped Car below that Price.

so where did the 8 out of 10 people go? to the honda showroom ???smiley36.gif

I would not be one of them. I will prefer Linea over ANHC until Honda equips City better and Price the Spare Parts and Accessories CHEAPER.

perhaps they are a little smart than you. you are indeed one "brave" man.

u bought and indigo first and then made the same mistake twice smiley36.gif...

this time a "grand" mistake smiley36.gif .

it was you i remember who was running with the "help ... indigo facing series of problems" ... so i can gauge your decision making . thanks for the opinion

@zoomy

Did not wanted to get involved in this but was dragged into it by your previous posts.

The people who bought the ANHC had either a budget of 10 lakhs or they were still not confident about the Fiat brand. Also most of them dont know what Honda is charging them for. Either this or They dont know that they can get a much better car, more fuel efficient than ANHC.

Apart from the features the plastic quality of ANHC is pathetic for a car of this price.

You say that the ratio of people who bought ANHC to those who bought linea is 4:1. Check out various forums. I am sure the number of people who are involved in any forum who have bought linea to those who bought ANHC is 4:1. Any one who is a member of any forum knows that linea is much more VFM than ANHC.

Finally, why did you open this thread? I dont think that chosing between the two cars was the reason you opened the thread.

Go buy your favourite ANHC. I hope we dont see you opening a thread "Help ANHC spare parts robbing me"

rahul18102009-04-14 17:45:56

All those buying are Honda follower like you at the moment but time you wait and will be decided which car is sold more than other.

Also note that Fiat is not making more cars than they can sale, thats where goes the waiting period for Linea

All those buying are Honda follower like you at the moment but time you wait and will be decided which car is sold more than other.

well cartoos you're right ... time will only tell about the sales numbers. i reckon city sales as compared to linea will increase with the time for sure.

same will be the case in with the hatchbacks. the jazz will surely outperform the gp even if priced 0.5-1L more.

the problem is the "fiat" tag and the engine being below par with the competition. the gp is the biggest selling hatchback in europe but friends this is india, a sensitive automobile world where they seldom give you a second chance to prove your worth !

the fate of siennas and palios is not hidden from anyone !

Well Zoomy, when you like the city and think that most people are going for it and you are also praising this one so why to start this thread man, Go to Honda Showroom and book one..

If i have to buy car in this segment, it will be Linea Emotion pack for sure...