zoomy

ANHC or the linea ?

One thing is clear; these two car's evoke very strong emotion's. There are pro's and con's for both. But I think Honda could have priced the City a bit diligently and added more feature's and Fiat could have added a 1.6 petrol motor instead of the anemic 1.4. For one I don't think about resale value too much. When you buy a car do a thorough research and then go for a TD, then you get the feel of the product and the company, and how serious they are in you as a customer. If you like the experience then go for the product. Get your budget and priorities right.

zoomy]u bought and indigo first and then made the same mistake twice smiley36.gif...

this time a "grand" mistake smiley36.gif .it was you i remember who was running with the "help ... indigo

facing series of problems" ... so i can gauge your decision making .

thanks for the opinion

Even if I went so many times to the workshop' date=' I got many parts replaced under warranty. You can have a look at the parts replaced.

And even if they were not replaced under warranty, I would not have to spend my Bank Balance to buy the Spare Parts or Accessories of Indigo (or any Tata Vehicle for that matter) unlike AHNC. I would have to spend Peanuts for buying Spare Parts or Accessories of Tata Unlike AHNC which costs Precious Jewellary. Even if I faced so many problems with Tata, I would not mind to buy Indigo Vista provided it is at par with Linea. Else I will buy Linea Only.

@zoomy. I hope we don't see you opening a thread "Help ANHC spare parts robbing me"

Well said Rahul. I will wait for this Thread "Help ANHC spare parts robbing me". But I want to make a slight correction in your suggestion. The Topic should be "HELP AHNC SPARE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES ROBBING ME"

zoomy]u bought and indigo first and then made the same mistake twice smiley36.gif...

this time a "grand" mistake smiley36.gif .it was you i remember who was running with the "help ... indigo facing series of problems" ... so i can gauge your decision making . thanks for the opinion
Even if I went so many times to the workshop' date=' I got many parts replaced under warranty. You can have a look at the parts replaced.
And even if they were not replaced under warranty, I would not have to spend my Bank Balance to buy the Spare Parts or Accessories of Indigo (or any Tata Vehicle for that matter) unlike AHNC. I would have to spend Peanuts for buying Spare Parts or Accessories of Tata Unlike AHNC which costs Precious Jewellary. Even if I faced so many problems with Tata, I would not mind to buy Indigo Vista provided it is at par with Linea. Else I will buy Linea Only.
@zoomy. I hope we don't see you opening a thread "Help ANHC spare parts robbing me"

Well said Rahul. I will wait for this Thread "Help ANHC spare parts robbing me". But I want to make a slight correction in your suggestion. The Topic should be "HELP AHNC SPARE PARTS AND ACCESSORIES ROBBING ME"

u still don't get it man ! honda products require least maintenance (i thought atleast u knew that) unlike the tatas where you need numerous rounds to the workshop. i'd read your post about the tens of problems u had with your car.

u are indeed a strong character whilst still dragging the dead horses !

and "sensible" enough to buy a tata again !smiley36.gif

Well Honda isnt that expensive to maintain...Although its parts are expensive but actually speaking you dont get a chance to change those unless you met with a accident or something..I have a Honda from past 6 years and i never felt it expensive to maintain, although its spares are expensive but you dont need to buy those expensive spares as i said already...

Experience in owning a Honda is surely better than most companies but then this City lacks excitement in terms of features and its overpriced!!!

I agree Speed. My vtec is back from the garage after a shunt. Yes it cost a bomb to get her back in shape.

Having said that, the Linea is a good car, but can it really compete with the Honda in OUR country? Honda has got solid brand loyalty while Fiat still has some catching up to do.

Is the City overpriced? Yes it most definately is, but the thing is that people are ready to shell out that much money thanks to the badge and Honda knows this, so don't expect a price cut any time soon. But if I had the money to be able to afford the City, I'd buy that without thinking too much about it. If I'm on a budget, the Linea would be a serious contender.

FRG

Yes FRG, mine had a front end shunt & it cost me 4.5L to set it right again! These expensive cars look & feel good till they are running fine, any misadventure however small, spoils the party. I again reiterate here, these luxo saloons are actually not meant for our roads, one is sure to bump into something or the other, most of the times, its others who bump into you!

You've hit the nail in the last part, have money, get City or else Linea!

@ Speed: I agree with you. I always say my daily prayer's and include my ride also in that. You need divine intervention and luck for car to stay in pristine condition. But a front end shunt be it Linea or the City will be expensive to fix. For both are front wheel driven car's.

FRG, I also tried to get my Honda fixed at some outside garage, but pity, some spare parts wern't available outside!

This is again a big disadvantage of carrying around  a Luxo batch.

Yes I agree DD, shunts on most expensive cars burr a deep hole in pocket. Point to be noted is that the price aggregate of parts in a car amount to significantly higher total than the car itself! Sometimes fear of a hit in such a car, robs the excitement!

Drove the ANHC tonight' date=' my impression's are the gear box is clunky and a/c doesn't cool well. [/quote']

DD , what exactly does "clunky" mean ? and two words on a good gear box please ...

@ Zoomy' date=' Take a TD and then you will realise what I mean.

[/quote']

i've actually driven the car for 20kms. i found it to have the slickest gearbox amongst the contemporaries. so kinda inquisitive to know about the clumsy part which you felt . maybe i missed out on that thing !

It's hard between 2nd and 3rd gear's and doesn't slot in without effort.

maybe that's how different people perceive things. IMO , the transmission is simply fabulous. two of my good friends who own the car also share the same views !

So it is a shocking and unexpected verdict but it looks like Fiat has got the better of Honda.

3.jpg 2.jpg
  Fiat Linea Emotion Honda City 1.5s MT
Price Rs. 8 lakh approx. (ex-showrrom, Mumbai) Rs. 8.68 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)
Engine capacity Multijet, inline-4, common-rail diesel, VGT, 1248cc Inline-4, petrol, iVTEC, 1497cc
Maximum Power 91PS@ 4000rpm 118PS @6600rpm
Maximum Torque 203Nm@ 2500rpm 146Nm @4800rpm
Acceleration 0-60kph

Not shocking or unexpected. Will some body support the underdog FIAT here. Honda are too stuffed with themselves about their brand to look at mere mortals trying to decide which is better.

The FIAT is the winner here man, bya long shot not just 0.5 it is not just the car but the perceived image about the company, by the way the company acts and works in India and treats it's Indian customers which also matter a lot.

For almost 9 Lacs Honda is ripping off the Indian customer...PERIOD!!

So it is a shocking and unexpected verdict but it looks like Fiat has got the better of Honda.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Fiat Linea Emotion

Honda City 1.5s MT

Price

Rs. 8 lakh approx. (ex-showrrom, Mumbai)

Rs. 8.68 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai)

Engine capacity

Multijet, inline-4, common-rail diesel, VGT, 1248cc

Inline-4, petrol, iVTEC, 1497cc

Maximum Power

91PS@ 4000rpm

118PS @6600rpm

Maximum Torque

203Nm@ 2500rpm

146Nm @4800rpm

Acceleration

0-60kph

True lean and thin ones races faster than the strong ones but when it comes head on bang, lean and thin onces bite the dust even faster than they can think.

You have lot of guts man.

Keep the thread going.

True lean and thin ones races faster than the strong ones but when it comes head on bang' date=' lean and thin onces bite the dust even faster than they can think.

You have lot of guts man.

Keep the thread going.
[/quote']

on the guts front ... thanks even though it was a saracastic one .

so "strong" ones ... hmhm linea a "strong" car ... i can suggest you more stronger vehicles ... in that case why dont u trade in your cars for tractors and trucks ? they would be more stronger in the case of collision !

coming to the safety aspect , maybe you did not know that honda is offering abs/airbags/ebd standard even on the base variant. the linea is offering as "option". so probably u get the safety perspective of both the honda and the fiat !

you did not comment on the a-star and the santro beating the linea !

i'd like to ask you two questions :

1. have u taken a TD of both the cars or is it just coming out of your whims ?

2. what car do u drive ?

keep 'em coming man !

Well if even after adding safety devices as an option the price is lower than the base model of City then the question is answered.

Regarding safety perspective Honda did not have any airbags until maruti taught them the lesson that this segment cars have to have airbags.

For me zoomy your car is not VFM its just show. You wouldnt have bought City if it was from Hyundai instead of Honda. You just want the Honda badge. I like my cars to be VFM like linea or sx4 which are high value for money. For me ANHC doesnt even fit low value for money.

The perspective of both the companies is also reflected by their ICE. Atleast Fiat had the common sense to include CD Player.

Also are you a burnout driver who just likes to go on races. If you are a normal driver and dont go racing into highway i dont see 15 sec for 0-100 a lot.

Linea satisfies the need for normal use.

Also what is the relation of this thread and the car a person owns?

Well said Rahul!

At the moment you have answered all the questions. I will come again tomorrow.

Thin man is one against all and shows that he is officialy here to beat Linea because its greatest threat ever paused to Honda ever.

Think if Fiat brings thier best Engines, which even Honda can't in dream of ?

Where would he hide ?

Does not even understand VFM.

Keep UP Fiat to Thrash these snobs

okay guys ... come on one by one .

@rahul :

no dude , i did'nt say anything about the burnout. this was hinted at cartoos who said linea was just a sec slower than the actual 5 secs.

as u see from the above posts , the a-star and the wagon-r are quicker than the linea.

i wanted to clarify that it is a terribly underpowered car which people are not ready to accept. if u've spent 7+ lacs on a sedan , you surely want to atleast beat the a-star and the santro ! or you are happy trailing them ?smiley15.gif

u said it : "linea satisfies the need for NORMAL use " ! so if you want something more than the normal ... look elsewhere !

@ cartoos : if fiat brings their "best" engines ? what best engines man ?

the 1.4 L FIRE is not even in comparison with the i-vtec ! i am just waiting for 'em to launch the 1.6 L. that will be the "end" of petrol sales for sure !

hope u guys remember the fate of siennas/petras. they are languishing in the 2nd hand market and going at 80-85 ks. lineas gonna join them soon.

all the best with your fiats.