zoomy

ANHC or the linea ?

@zoomy... u think NHC is a VFM??what does it returns you??except for the performance??I m not against honda as i myself own a civic and m quite satisfied with it but does NHC deserves 8lacs+??IF yes..then for what??

@zoomy... u think NHC is a VFM??what does it returns you??except for the performance??I m not against honda as i myself own a civic and m quite satisfied with it but does NHC deserves 8lacs+??IF yes..then for what??

i never said its a VFM car in any of my posts. yes it is expensive , yes it has less features than the competition ... but then you buy a car ! not features first and then the car ... features dont make a car man !

look at  the indigo xl ... its got a million features more than the ANHC ? so is it a better car ?  all i want to say is features itself dont make a car ! whats the point with a loaded car when an a-star moves past you and u fail to catch up with him ? you gotta have a "decent" engine in a 7+ lac car. the puny 1.4L engine fails miserably to do the job !

?

i never said its a VFM car in any of my posts. yes it is expensive ' date=' yes it has less features than the competition ... but then you buy a car ! not features first and then?the car ... features dont make a car man !

look at ?the indigo xl ... its got a million features more than the ANHC ? so is it a better car ?? all i want to say is features itself dont make a car ! whats the point with a loaded car when an a-star moves past you and u fail to catch up with him ? you gotta have a "decent" engine in a 7+ lac car. the puny 1.4L engine fails miserably to do the job !
[/quote']

its not expensive...its 'overpriced'...and indigo XL(dicor) has problems....never heard about petrol indigo XL troubling anyone..!!??

y do u considered only linea...why not SX4??u can surely overtake A-star,santro etc etc.....so that makes the better bet than NHC!! or is it like you wanna tell people that yes "NHC is a winner and linea is a loser"??

@ flash: Buddy, read what you type dude.. you are comparing a Suzuki car to a Honda car!! smiley36.gif

Linea is not a loser, but if you pit it against a power house like Honda City, its sure gonna look like one.

Bottom line is, If you want a sedan and want it to run like a dream, you got to have the cash to buy the BEST and ANHC is the BEST in the market right now!!

Linea can come close but they had to think about the engine before putting it in the Indian market. Its soooo underpowered as zoomy said, i think Linea will be available in the second hand market sooner than anything.

I hope FIAT wakes up!! All the best!!

You see 0 to 60 acceleration time of Honda and Linea Diesel above.

Difference is minimal for to know in metro city driving, where speed limit is 50 to 60 kmph. and kind of economy you get from Linea diesel is superb without any compitition. VFM

The petrol engine of Linea is much more rev happy than diesel and much more economical when you compare with filmsy cars.

We are going to ask our army to take A star and Santro for gun battles because tanks are not quickier Than these cars. 

What is the use of over feeding a donkey when its useless for riding like stallion

Ha Ha Ha!! A Star and Santro for battles? so Linea would go instead of the tanks?

You get more FE in a Tata Indica dude! Why go for Linea if you are worried about FE and if you are OK with the acceleration and pickup?

All i am saying here is that Honda cars are expensive to own, great to drive and a Class apart! I dont know if they are VFM or not, but if some one who can afford a Honda, He would not even think of a Linea!

Sharash its not like that, except for Fiat's A.s.s and performance, Linea is better in all aspects, i also own a Honda city and love it but Anhc just dont deserves this price, not only features but its interior quality also isnt that great as before, agreed that it has best engine and HONDA badge, but still in this age your car should have modern features and good quality..

Linea's interior quality, Ride, Build quality, finishing, Handling, Looks(personal choice) are better than Anhc...You ask anyone even a Layman and he would say that Linea looks more richer and elegant than City and its sporty too..

But then 1.4l engine and Fiats A.s.s are its hurdles..Its upto own preferences but 1thing is for sure, between Linea and City , nobody can say which one is best it may be according to a person but overall you cant declare City the best one only based on its badge and 1.5i-Vtec...

Thats what I want say, cars and girls attract with there beauty at first site and with little inteligence and good figures they are irresistable.

So is Linea.

Admiration Guarnteedsmiley20.gif

Keep admiring yours too.

@BS: I agree ANHC is expensive and FIAT is not. As you said, its upto own preferences, Many buyers would think twice to buy a FIAT even if it is carrying all the blings.A better car for me is 1.Engine 2.A.S.S 3.Ride Quality 4.Looks 5.Build Quality 6.Features(Blings) So anyday i am for Honda in India.

@Cartoos: You are a funny man! you have all the lines dude!! Ha Ha Ha.

@BS: I agree ANHC is expensive and FIAT is not. As you said' date=' its upto own preferences, Many buyers would think twice to buy a FIAT even if it is carrying all the blings.A better car for me is 1.Engine 2.A.S.S 3.Ride Quality 4.Looks 5.Build Quality 6.Features(Blings) So anyday i am for Honda in India.

[/quote']

very aptly said sharash. i agree with your priority options. i reiterate : features dont make a car.

so linea owners with the santro/a-star figures i hope you finally agree that the 1.4L engine is terribly underpowered for a 1.2+ ton car !

guess u guys are gonna learn the hard way ! just like the earlier languishing owners of the siennas/petras.

i hope you guys include in you daily prayers : god , fiat should not shut shop in india ... please !

all the best with your fiats ( and the amazing A.S.S. smiley36.gif  , sorry did i mention the good resale too smiley36.gif)

I am just not talking about features but then they play important part nowadays..And Sharash, yes Fiat isnt expensive but its not only about its VFM thing but also if it would have been at Anhc's price, i would prefer that if i am ok with its power...Yes i do agree about Fiat's name in India and its engine but other than that its better in every aspect than City..

If one is ok with those 2things than its Linea for him..

And according to your priority, i think you are confused, as far as i know, you dont like Maruti's but with your priorities Maruti in any segment should suit you as they have good engines and A.s.s, and rest they dont have anything good ...

Zoomy,

So you have got some support at least.

I am keeping your Thread alive, you must atleast thank me.smiley20.gif

Come join us in other threads like Welcome Linea. You are quite intersting Person.

Zoomy' date='

So you have got some support at least.

I am keeping your Thread alive, you must atleast thank me.smiley20.gif

Come join us in other threads like Welcome Linea. You are quite intersting Person.
[/quote']

there comes another sarcastic one ! BTW love your character man !

dont worry i wont let you get bored ... keep more of it coming .

A friend of mine is going in for a new sedan, I suggested the following, ANHC, Linea. He TDed the City and was not impressed with the interior quality, low seating and visibility. He was bowled over by the Linea and is to TD it tmrw. He was also impressed with the SX4, but found the interior's a little plasticky. I have advised him to go in for the diesel for he can afford one. I think the Linea is taking buyer's away from the City, I think that's a great thing, especially coming from FIAT, people are in a 'forgive and forget' mood; hope FIAT doesn't let them down. As I have said before we don't live in the engine compartment; but in the cabin. Cabin quality and build also count for during the initial impression, also the chrome and other embellishment's and creature comfort's that making living with the vehicle enjoyable in the long run. Honda has erred on the side of 'Plainess' in the New City and Linea look's fabulous in comparison, that's where it's taking in buyer's away from Honda.

Will keep you guy's posted about what my friend goes in for...will most probably be a Linea petrol/diesel...
Durango Dude2009-04-17 18:37:16

@DD, yes Linea is taking customers away from City, good thing. Someone at last is challenging Honda's authority!

Linea diesel has a distinct advantage over the City. Honda has been shying away from diesels for long, but will have to think fast & act faster now!
CYRUS432009-04-17 18:37:30

@BS: I agree ANHC is expensive and FIAT is not. As you said' date=' its upto own preferences, Many buyers would think twice to buy a FIAT even if it is carrying all the blings.A better car for me is 1.Engine 2.A.S.S 3.Ride Quality 4.Looks 5.Build Quality 6.Features(Blings) So anyday i am for Honda in India.

[/quote']

very aptly said sharash. i agree with your priority options. i reiterate : features dont make a car.

so linea owners with the santro/a-star figures i hope you finally agree that the 1.4L engine is terribly underpowered for a 1.2+ ton car !

guess u guys are gonna learn the hard way ! just like the earlier languishing owners of the siennas/petras.

i hope you guys include in you daily prayers : god , fiat should not shut shop in india ... please !

all the best with your fiats ( and the amazing A.S.S. smiley36.gif? , sorry did i mention the good resale too smiley36.gif)

Well even am a Linea owner and after reading your posts am so very afraid that i bought Linea lol smiley36.gif. Anyone spending 8 lakhs has thought of these things already and there is some logic behind his choice, you simply cant tell them to pray everyday smiley17.gif

Regarding FIAT shutting shop in India, well that only time can tell, i agree that every owner of Linea has right now taken a CALCULATED risk.

Features only dont make a car, YES but then only A.S.S and Engine alone wont make the car a winner too. I think people should stuff this in their minds:

1. Every car is a package, ANHC or Linea both have their Cons and Pros, not even ANHC is perfect. Linea owners saying our car has good build quality and features and ANHC owners will say ours has a good engine and A.S.S.

This thread wont go anywhere like this.

To sum it up, go to some other good forums too and read how much people love their Palio's and they dont call themselves "languishing owners". Some say "Once a Fiat, always a Fiat". Honda has already proved itself in Indian markets with their City, Fiat got it all wrong in first instance. FYI, TATA and FIAT have gone into a 50:50 JV and hope you know that a spawling new plant in Ranjangaon has been built spending thousands of crores. The company has something in mind thats why they pumped in so much money, TATA has also put in same amount. Its not easy to shut shops like roadside shops, so yes FIAT will take time to recover their tarnished image.

Even if Linea snatches 1 customer of ANHC out of 10 its a success for FIAT.

Great thread, how did i miss it for so long??

A?friend of mine?is going in for a new sedan' date=' I suggested the following, ANHC, Linea. He TDed the City and was not impressed with the interior quality, low seating and visibility. He was bowled over by the Linea and is to TD it tmrw. He was also impressed with the SX4, but found the interior's a little plasticky. I have advised him to go in for the diesel for he can afford one. I think the Linea is taking buyer's away from the City, I think that's a great thing, especially coming from FIAT, people are in a 'forgive and forget' mood; hope FIAT doesn't let them down. As I have said before we don't live in the engine compartment; but in the cabin. Cabin quality and build also count for during the initial impression, also the chrome and other embellishment's and creature comfort's that making living with the vehicle enjoyable in the long run. Honda has erred on the side of 'Plainess' in the New City and Linea look's fabulous in comparison, that's where it's taking in buyer's away from Honda.

Will keep you guy's posted about what my friend goes in for...will most probably be a Linea petrol/diesel...
[/quote']

Durango,

Well nice to see some people who are are coming these days and just dont buy a car for its brand name. Sx4 and Linea both are good. Do update us on your friends choice. Honda salesman was so arrogant and said "Honda hai Sir, naam bikta hai", wanted to first slap him and then ask that will i lick Honda badge everyday.

Naam bikta hai, bech lo bhai smiley36.gif, afterwards Spare parts will also be sold at high rates and people will be told, Honda hai sir naam bikta hai smiley18.gif

I am just not talking about features but then they play important part nowadays..And Sharash' date=' yes Fiat isnt expensive but its not only about its VFM thing but also if it would have been at Anhc's price, i would prefer that if i am ok with its power...Yes i do agree about Fiat's name in India and its engine but other than that its better in every aspect than City..

If one is ok with those 2things than its Linea for him..

And according to your priority, i think you are confused, as far as i know, you dont like Maruti's but with your priorities Maruti in any segment should suit you as they have good engines and A.s.s, and rest they dont have anything good ...[/quote']

Ha Ha Ha BS, if you read me correct, I have mentioned my priorities and all has to be met before i decide on a car! Suzuki has a borrowed awesome engine or a crap engine, an arrogant customer service, Plasticky interiors, etc etc... i dont know which part of MSIL do i like.. he he he.. so that is out of question.:)

Sure Linea and ANHC are being compared here and Since i dont trust Fiat, i am for Honda.

If Fiat was in a position in India where Honda is today, and Honda was where Fiat is, I would have given it a thought. Thats the whole point of my argument apart from a underpowered engine...

[/quote']

1. If the engine is underpowered, that doesn't mean it is not good. Linea's engine actually has more than adequate power, better than Fiesta. As a Fiat, naturally it would be durable. Also, it is more fuel efficient than ANHC. Less power is the only drawback here.

2. A.S.S., Fiat is bad in here. But they are improving.

3. Linea has better ride quality than ANHC.

4. Looks is a personal matter. Linea is also a good looker friend. And i would say that it is City's looks that is going to look outdated in a short period.

5. Fiat scores over overall build quality than ANHC. And also reviews of ANHC complains about its poor quality.

6. Features, definietly Linea is a sure winner.

In the list, other than A.S.S., Linea scores in all aspects.

[/quote']
1. If the engine is underpowered, that doesn't mean it is not good. Linea's engine actually has more than adequate power, better than Fiesta. As a Fiat, naturally it would be durable. Also, it is more fuel efficient than ANHC. Less power is the only drawback here.
2. A.S.S., Fiat is bad in here. But they are improving.
3. Linea has better ride quality than ANHC.
4. Looks is a personal matter. Linea is also a good looker friend. And i would say that it is City's looks that is going to look outdated in a short period.
5. Fiat scores over overall build quality than ANHC. And also reviews of ANHC complains about its poor quality.
6. Features, definietly Linea is a sure winner.

In the list, other than A.S.S., Linea scores in all aspects.

i'l like to throw some light too on your respective points :

1. linea more fuel efficient than the ANHC ? are you for real ? the world knows sans you that honda is more FE.

2. A.S.S is improving ? and how would you know that ? are you having a database?

3. linea better ride quality ? well that is purely debatable amigos ...

4. city's looks are gonna be outdated in a short period ....smiley7.gif ???

dude its the most futuristic looking amongst the contemporaries ... i've could understood if you would have said the same for sx4/fiesta  !

5. poor build quality ? please dont mix up with the poor features list on the ANHC

6. yes , here linea wins hands down. no comparisons here. NHC is shockingly ill-equipped .

barring pt6 , i dont agree with you. as sharash said , personal preferences !  

@zoomy

We are talking about linea mjd if you remember. Regarding build quality see karanraheja's thread. There he has posted the link of the review if his new ANHC where he himself has said that the build quality of ANHC are not as per the expectations from a 9 lakh car while the whole country is sayinf that linea looks costlier than it is