zoomy

ANHC or the linea ?

@zoomy
We are talking about linea mjd if you remember. Regarding build quality see karanraheja's thread. There he has posted the link of the review if his new ANHC where he himself has said that the build quality of ANHC are not as per the expectations from a 9 lakh car while the whole country is sayinf that linea looks costlier than it is

so you are comparing the FE of a diesel vs petrol ?smiley7.gif .

and whos it his karan raheja ? do you everytime go to him for a query ? or is he an auto god that his opinion has to be shared with one and all ?

i though people here had "a mind of their own" rather than blindly following some raheja ...

@zoomy We are talking about linea mjd if you remember. Regarding build quality see karanraheja's thread. There he has posted the link of the review if his new ANHC where he himself has said that the build quality of ANHC are not as per the expectations from a 9 lakh car while the whole country is sayinf that linea looks costlier than it is

so you are comparing the FE of a diesel vs petrol ?smiley7.gif?.

and whos it his karan raheja ? do you everytime go to him for a query ? or is he an auto god that his opinion has to be shared with one and all??

i though people here had "a mind of their own" rather than blindly following some raheja ...

@ Zoomy,

FYI, Karan Raheja is a member of this forum and an owner of ANHC so speak with some respect towards other members.

I hope you understand what BUILD QUALITY is, its not about features, thats an alltogether different thing. ANHC is over 140 KGS LIGHTER than Linea Petrol even though it has a bigger engine. This speaks for itself about why Honda compromises Solid built for FE. Noone having a family will count poor build quality as a PROS for his car if it helps in 1-2 more FE. In the event of an Accident, solid built cars protect you a lot. Thats why Skodas are famous here, not that you will be immortal in a Skoda and Fiats but safety on a whole increases.

Even if one opens the Bonnet of two cars, he can make out which car has good build quality lol smiley2.gifcoolboy0072009-04-18 14:40:06

@zoomy We are talking about linea mjd if you remember. Regarding build quality see karanraheja's thread. There he has posted the link of the review if his new ANHC where he himself has said that the build quality of ANHC are not as per the expectations from a 9 lakh car while the whole country is sayinf that linea looks costlier than it is

so you are comparing the FE of a diesel vs petrol ?smiley7.gif .

and whos it his karan raheja ? do you everytime go to him for a query ? or is he an auto god that his opinion has to be shared with one and all ?

@ Zoomy' date='
FYI, Karan Raheja is a member of this forum and an owner of ANHC so speak with some respect towards other members.

I hope you understand what BUILD QUALITY is, its not about features, thats an alltogether different thing. ANHC is over 140 KGS LIGHTER than Linea Petrol even though it has a bigger engine. This speaks for itself about why Honda compromises Solid built for FE. Noone having a family will count poor build quality as a PROS for his car if it helps in 1-2 more FE. In the event of an Accident, solid built cars protect you a lot. Thats why Skodas are famous here, not that you will be immortal in a Skoda and Fiats but safety on a whole increases.

Even if one opens the Bonnet of two cars, he can make out which car has good build quality lol smiley2.gif [/quote']

i guess you are trying hard to sound more smart than you actually are !

as i said before abs/airbags/ebd is standard even on the base variant on the city ... compare this to linea . these safety features are only as an "option" on the top end variant .

knowing the money-conscious indian auto market , i bet 80 perecent of the people will NOT buy the topend variant thinking the features are not really required and are an expense !

now my friend you tell me , that if a linea and a city meet with an accident ... who would survive : the city with abs/airbags/ebd or the linea without these features ?

@zoomy, Honda cars are light build in nature. abs or ebd is not going to help you in saving from being crushed. Even airbag can't do much, if the body is light. Here is where Skoda scores over other cars. Like Skoda Fiat has a strong body. And FYI Linea comes with Airbag and ABS and if the buyer is opting for a non-airbag model, then its his wish for not going for any safety feature and that doesn't mean that Linea lacks safety.

And please don't attack any member, just for the sake he said a thing which is against your point. He is a owner of ANHC, he can say that.

i'l like to throw some light too on your respective points :

1. linea more fuel efficient than the ANHC ? are you for real ? the world knows sans you that honda is more FE.

2. A.S.S is improving ? and how would you know that ? are you having a database?

3. linea better ride quality ? well that is purely debatable amigos ...

4. city's looks are gonna be outdated in a short period ....smiley7.gif ???

dude its the most futuristic looking amongst the contemporaries ... i've could understood if you would have said the same for sx4/fiesta !

5. poor build quality ? please dont mix up with the poor features list on the ANHC

6. yes ' date=' here linea wins hands down. no comparisons here. NHC is shockingly ill-equipped .

barring pt6 , i dont agree with you. as sharash said , personal preferences !
[/quote']

1.) As clarified by rahul, we are talking about 1.3mjd. For the price of ANHC, the equal variant is the 1.3mjd. Even ACI compared these both cars.

2.) For A.S.S. ask Palio Stile and Linea owners. Though their reply will not show a great improvement, it is better than before.

3.) If you are not sure on ride quality, check ACI's comparison of both the cars. It states that both are good, but on broken patches City's makes you to slow down and Linea will just glide over it.

4.) Some kind of looks will get bored easily and will feel outdated in a short period, City belongs to that category. And also Linea looks like an up market car. But have one thing in mind, Looks varies among different persons.

5.) Linea will be definitely strong than ANHC, as far as build quality is concerned. Fiat's build quality is always tough.

@zoomy' date=' Honda cars are light build in nature. abs or ebd is not going to help you in saving from being crushed. Even airbag can't do much, if the body is light.
[/quote']

abs/ebd can certainly help you avoid accidents or minimize the danger certainly ! smiley7.gif

and airbags cant do much ?smiley7.gif they can save your life ... what are you talking about ?

if you are having a bad day even the best car loaded with safety features cant save you !remember princess diana in the mercedes !

but you certainly can't take your chances and say that i wont survive on the bad day. atleast you have all the safety kit in the ANHC.

so you mean to say that the driver in the linea without the safety kit will walk out unscratched in the event of an accident ? and the guy in the city with the same accident will be crushed despite the safety features ???smiley7.gif

think and write ... and not the other way around !

@ Zoomy,

No am not trying to be smart. Its only you who is smarter than everyone.

ANHC provides ABS and AIRBAGS as Standard but it charges a premium for that and i dont need to tell you the premium Honda demands. Climate control and EBD are not provided and KNOBS for AC are provided like a Santro and A star. smiley36.gif

There are many Linea owners on team bhp and not even 1 is below Emotion

If Linea lower end sells for 1lakh cheaper than Emotion pack which is not a small amount then if anyone wants to compromise on safety they can. Ask nearby TATA dealer how many Dynamic or Active Lineas have been sold. I was told that till now hardly any Dynamic Linea has been sold so your "thinking" is totally wrong. I havent seen a single Linea on road which was below Emotion variant as people get a Top Loaded petrol model at 7.5 lakhs which doesn even want Rs 45000 Alloys and Rs 18000 fog lamps like ANHC.

Regarding Accident of Linea and ANHC, ABS and EBD will not work in accident as we think. Build Quality and Airbags will. Both cars have 1 quality with an option in Linea to get other. Is BUILD QUALITY Optional in ANHC?????smiley36.gif

@zoomy' date=' Honda cars are light build in nature. abs or ebd is not going to help you in saving from being crushed. Even airbag can't do much, if the body is light. [/quote']

abs/ebd can certainly help you avoid accidents or minimize the danger certainly ! smiley7.gif

and airbags cant do much ?smiley7.gif they can save your life ... what are you talking about ?

if you are having a bad day even the best car loaded with safety features cant save you !remember princess diana in the mercedes !

but you certainly can't take your chances and say that i wont survive on the bad day. atleast you have all the safety kit in the ANHC.

so you mean to say that the driver in the linea without the safety kit will walk out unscratched in the event of an accident ? and the guy in the city with the same accident will be crushed despite the safety features ???smiley7.gif

think and write ... and not the other way around !

I said the abs/ebd part for the quote given below.

now my friend you tell me ' date=' that if a linea and a city meet with an accident ... who would survive : the city with abs/airbags/ebd or the linea without these features ?[/quote']

Here it is mentioned that if Linea and City meet with an accident, here abs/ebd doesn't have any job. Only the airbag has to do its job. Both cars have airbags. But Linea is stronger and will have better crash worthiness. So the person inn Linea has better probability to survive.

And FYI Linea comes with abs, ebd and dual airbags.

hello

according to your need linea is not for u .

ANHC is best in all your requirement

FE- ANHC: 10.5CITY

LINEA: 9.4CITY

SPACE- ANHC:VERY GOOD

LINEA: GOOD

PERFORMANCE: ANHC :EXCELLENT

LINEA:GOOD

RESALE- ANHC:VERY EXCELLENT

LINEA:GOOD

@ Zoomy' date='

No am not trying to be smart. Its only you who is smarter than everyone.
ANHC provides ABS and AIRBAGS as Standard but it charges a premium for that and i dont need to tell you the premium Honda demands. Climate control and EBD are not provided and KNOBS for AC are provided like a Santro and A star. smiley36.gif

There are many Linea owners on team bhp and not even 1 is below Emotion
If Linea lower end sells for 1lakh cheaper than Emotion pack which is not a small amount then if anyone wants to compromise on safety they can. Ask nearby TATA dealer how many Dynamic or Active Lineas have been sold. I was told that till now hardly any Dynamic Linea has been sold so your "thinking" is totally wrong. I havent seen a single Linea on road which was below Emotion variant as people get a Top Loaded petrol model at 7.5 lakhs which doesn even want Rs 45000 Alloys and Rs 18000 fog lamps like ANHC.

Regarding Accident of Linea and ANHC, ABS and EBD will not work in accident as we think. Build Quality and Airbags will. Both cars have 1 quality with an option in Linea to get other. Is BUILD QUALITY Optional in ANHC?????smiley36.gif

[/quote']

surely abs/ebd dont come in the picture post-collision. there job is before the collision ! the world knows that !

in a city with the abs/ebd you can surely AVERT a collision but in the linea without these features maybe not.

and the airbags (as i've siad before) are standard on the city. but not in the case of lineas.

FYI , i've checked at the TATA-FIAT dealer here in delhi (defence colony) and he has told me the maximum sales are the "dynamic" which are sadly w/out these features !

Give me a break. You are saying that they are optional in Linea. Note that its a specific variant in the linea website and brochure. It is not shown anywhere in optional accessories brochure. If you are saying linea is bad because they provided a model that doesn't airbags and abs then i can only laugh at you. It means that because you have got an option to buy a cheaper variant without safety features you will not buy the car. But if another car which is charging you more than the previous car both of them having the same safety equipments then you will buy that car because it is available in base variant then i have just one thing to say HONDA HAS SUCCEEDED IN FOOLING ANOTHER CUSTOMER

Also i think that if you want to drive in a place such as north india in winter fog lights are more important than airbags . Dont you think so or would you rather first collide because of poor visibility and then hope for airbags to save yourahul18102009-04-19 10:30:34

Give me a break. You are saying that they are optional in Linea. Note that its a specific variant in the linea website and brochure. It is not shown anywhere in optional accessories brochure. If you are saying linea is bad because they provided a model that doesn't airbags and abs then i can only laugh at you. It means that because you have got an option to buy a cheaper variant without safety features you will not buy the car. But if another car which is charging you more than the previous car both of them having the same safety equipments then you will buy that car because it is available in base variant then i have just one thing to say HONDA HAS SUCCEEDED IN FOOLING ANOTHER CUSTOMER

Also i think that if you want to drive in a place such as north india in winter fog lights are more important than airbags . Dont you think so or would you rather first collide because of poor visibility and then hope for airbags to save you

@ Rahul,

That is what am trying to explain here but seems he will just not listen, not even understand.

People hide their weaknesses but its sad to see them even hide their cars weaknesses. What is not there in your specific car, accept that instead of finding silly excuses.

As a Linea owner i accept that i would have loved more power from the car. Now for another round of foolish excuse i can say that i can easily go for "Performance upgrades on my car" like ECU Remap, Exhaust change, performance air filters and there are tons of things which increase BHP by more than 10-20. Will it be ok if i say this, even ENGINE department Linea is at par now.

For cost of above, it wont cost more than 70k, for that ANHC also wants (48k alloys and 19k fog lamps). So Engine area settled.

People will only laugh at me for such things if i show my car superior to others whether by hook or crook which i dont want. What is a Neagtive for my car is indeed a neagtive, i cant find ways out to hide such excuses.

Linea Emotion pack which is cheaper than ANHC is more safer not only build quality wise but also has EBD and Fog lamps which help increasing safety smiley36.gif

Every car is a package, ANHC is one, Linea is one, find the right one for you. Each has equal positives and neagtives.

Actualy He has started this thread for advise to buy new car but seems his loaded with all kind of arguements to prove City as best car and all others are bulluck carts. Its not Honda at fault when thier followers are so deeply in love with them, why shouldn't they pick thier pocket.

Zoomy bhai, have you booked your city if not it will be very bad for Honda because they already facing global slow down. check thier 2008-9 sales, its down by 20 to 25 %

On otherhand Fiat sales has increased world wide around 15 % worldwide ( source Economic times, 16th april 2009)   

@ flash : yeah have booked one. should be getting it by day after tomorrow. ( at the old prices though ...smiley2.gif)

@ rahul : so you say that collisions happen mainly because of the fog ? grrr ...

can you support the above statement with some stats ? talk sense dude ...

@ coolboy : ecu remap ? i hope you know your warranty gets void ! knowing the already poor a.s.s of fiats , god forbid if s'thing happens to the engine ... you will have nowhere to go smiley36.gif

??

@ coolboy : ecu remap ? i hope you know your warranty gets void ! knowing the already poor a.s.s of fiats ' date=' god forbid if s'thing happens to the engine ... you will have nowhere to go smiley36.gif
[/quote']

?

Without fog lamps in winter, if any small accident also takes place then knowing the sky high prices of Honda spares you also will have nowhere to gosmiley36.gif

?

Regarding Warranty being void, in ANHC even if you get a nice CD player fitted to your car from outside (Not standard in ANHC), then also warranty will be void. Get it fixed from A.S.S, it costs 10000.

smiley36.gif

Dont take anything personally, a healthy fight between all of ussmiley4.gif
coolboy0072009-04-19 13:14:16

@ coolboy : nothing personal ofcourse man !

i dont know any of the members ... so no offense from anyone .

finished my exams ... got nothing to do ... so thought of some linea bashing smiley36.gif

( linea owners are gonna kill me for sure ... )

@ coolboy : nothing personal ofcourse man !

i dont know any of the members ... so no offense from anyone .

finished my exams ... got nothing to do ... so thought of some linea bashing smiley36.gif

( linea owners are gonna kill me for sure ... )

Noone will kill you for sure but this heated up discussion is keeping many hooked to this thread smiley17.gif

Linea bashing smiley7.gif , we wont kill you, we will run over you dude smiley36.gif.

Seems this ANHC-LINEA fight is getting stretched too much.

@ zoomy..what's the on road price and Delivery period in your city??

and yeah...this fight has no ends...the longer you fight..the deeper it gets!!

everything has good and bad aspects...it all depends on the need and the likes...one of my friend doesn't like the looks of linea n other one doesn't likes the ride of HC..but can't kick them because its purely personal...Enjoy with whatever you have and willing to have..Peace~~

flASh2009-04-19 13:34:14

appreciate your views guys ...

@ coolboy : i'l stay clear of ur linea since u wrote the same in post.

but beware if i am in my ANHC , u'l only see the dust emanating from my tyres ...

yeah guys booked the SMT (habanero red) , thanks to a "JUGAAD" managed to get it at the old prices 8.56L on road in delhi .

no there's no waiting period .

freebies ?smiley36.gif u guys have already bashed honda for their stingy attitude , so u know they are'nt offering anything. that i'm getting it at the old price and saving 31.5 k is a big deal man .

you know what is the height of cost cutting ? you wont believe it ! they are'nt even offering mudflaps smiley7.gif...

but i am still picking it over the linea (as for reasons said above).

yes you may call me dumb , stupid , etc etc but cant help it guys ... am hooked onto it ...

BTW guys , you should thank me as i share most of the credit for taking the thread so long ... i guess you will atleast agree on this !smiley36.gif

Congratulations bro! keep us posted once you get the car! upload some pics as well.

No one would call you names dude! its your choice and you have opted for a car which is a HONDA! - naam kaafi hai.. he he he.. Jokes apart, this is a forum to get different views of a single product not to influence the choices for any individuals! So Chill maadi and enjoy smiley20.gif

Drive safe!
sharash2009-04-20 00:30:44