rakeshsinha

Car protection during summer

Hi there

We all are facing extreamly hot summer this year with temp 40-44 degree C. My car is looking like a fire pack and not comfortable at all till it passes 30-40 minutes from start with AC on. I afraid of some accident due to high body temperature. The car can be parked under a shade to avoid this but this facility is not available everywhere. Please suggest me for preventive steps to avoid any accident..thanks

Cool down buddy!!

Try installing light shade sun film' date=' use sun shades, window visors, etc.

Have some cool drinks, ice cream, keep a wet towel over head!
[/quote']

hi ! come on....this is body care and not car care

Hi there

We all are facing extreamly hot summer this year with temp 40-44 degree C. My car is looking like a fire pack and not comfortable at all till it passes 30-40 minutes from start with AC on. I afraid of some accident due to high body temperature. The car can be parked under a shade to avoid this but this facility is not available everywhere. Please suggest me for preventive steps to avoid any accident..thanks

Our Indian summer conditions are almost the same in many regions. the temperatures within the car reach 50 to 55 degrees Celsius or even more. I have checked this on the temperature guage fitted on the dash. That is quite a recipe for sunstroke.

These days 3M, Garware and even V Kool offer front windscreen sunfilms that are quite transparent. One cannot distinguish a car fitted with such a film very easily. These cost some Rs 3000 upwards.These are also anit glare and reduce the glare of the oncoming headlights at night.Its a good fitment to suit your needs.

The front windscreen lets in the most heat in most cases. Please fit a sun visor plastic sheet (available with car accessory dealers)that fits within the inner side of the windscreen.

Rather than putting the AC on when starting, its better to roll down the two front door glasses to let out the heat from the interior since the AC does not cool your car for 30-40 minutes as you say.

Also check the window and rear sunfilms that may be the culprit.If not upto the mark go for a premium brand.Good sunfilms apart from blocking UV rays are effective in facilitating the AC to work better. The fuel consumption can be reduced with better sunfilms.