rugs_tachy

500 Kms Review of my RE Mach 500

Review of Royal Enfield (RE) Machismo 500 after 1st Service

I got delivery of my RE Mach 500 on 8th Apr 09. It was handed over to me when it had clogged 8 Kms on the Odometer. I bought this machine from Royal Enfield Brandstore at Jayanagar 9th Block, Bangalore. After getting the documents, I prepared myself to start the engine

Hi,

I am Hemendra Dhakaita. I am planning to have new Mach 500. i have taken test rides of TB and Electra. it seems that in Electra lots of vibrations.

\I have spoken to RE Sales team. they are arranging Test ride on comming 9th, after that only i will decide which one to buy.

I am newbie for RE Bullet. I want to drive it daily for office. could you suggest me  maintenance aspects on it?

-Hemendra

Hi @hdhakaita welcome to Autocar India Forum.

Well in terms of your query, the new Thunderbird Twinspark is easy on the maintenance aspect, it also generates a good fuel efficiency (unlike other models). The Mach 500 has some issues, which needs to be taken care of time to time, but no one buys a bullet for peace of mind. If you like highway cruising then i would suggest the Mach 500 or Thunderbird Twinspark. The Electra is a Cast Iron Engine, so its not best suited for the highways (only city commute). Hope this answers your query

Thanks for the valuable information.

RE is also planning to launch 2 more models in India. If you have any update that it is Classic EFI.

I would like to go for Classic EFI. Raised query to RE waiting for there reply

Hemendra

Yes one of the model is the Classic which has EFI & UCE (Unit construction Engine) this is a 500 cc model with 28 BHP & 41.85 Nm Torque.

The other model which they might launch is the Machismo 350 (Twinspark) with a UCE (similar to the Thunderbird Twinspark)

Both these vehicles might be launched after March 2010 since Bharat IV norms will come into play.

Hi,

Today I test ride Mach 350. its good but differ in thump.

talked about this with dealer as per him if we install Electra < ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><>

Silencerit it it then you will get the approx same thump. but in 500 you will get the same thump which Electra have.

can you please let me know is it true?

-Hemendra

Good review. Wy did you start another thread? You could have continued there itself. Any way post some pics here too.

Wait till the first service for getting better mileage. s thethump of this bike is same as old REs?

Didn't this bike have a self starter?

I heard that the oil leak is solved now.

@hdhakaita many congratulations on d purchase... do post the pictures of your bike....

@CC - thanks. The thump is not like the one's which we get in the Cast Iron Engine... but yeah we remove the stock silencer and put the bottle type silencer then the thump will come back.. many people told me not to replace the silencer now, they told me to wait until it completes atleast 10,000 Kms (I still wonder why)... yeah the bike has a self starter, but i am getting used to the kick, i use the self starter only when i switch off the engine during traffic signals. Oil leaks have stopped.

Just another update the bike has covered 1000 Kms (1016) to be exact as of today. Another surprising element is that she returned a fuel efficiency of 33 Km/pl during the city rounds(last week) and i  checked her mileage today and guess what i got a mileage of 40 Km/pl. This was because on Thursday 14th May it came to reserve and i filled in 200 Rs petrol priced at Rs.45.96 which came to 4.35 Litres and switched her to "On" mode and the meter reading was 832 and today she came to reserve at 1010. During this 178 Kms i did a 110 Kms ride at a constant 50 Km/hr and the remaining 60 odd kms was also at 50 km/hr.

My Bike completed 1000 Kms.

Gave me avg of 42.8 Kms. I ran it between 50-60 Kms/ hours

I did not seen any oil leakage, vibrations even driving at low speed.

My kids are too happy now with this bike and always prefer to go every where on it. they are not asking for CAR now a day's.

Congratulations rugstachy and hemendra on buying beasts on two wheels. Its a class above the rest and only a Bullet lover can know what it really means.

Nice reviews and pictures too.Oil leaks are signatures of the Bullet since ages and that should not be a cause for any worry.

Awaiting further reviews -do keep us posted!

Got my trousers burned by Silencer, last week end. Looking for Heat Shield for Mach 500 Silencer.

If anyone know from where i can get the Heat Shield please send me Mail Id, Cell No and address.

Thanks.

Hi Hemendra... 42.8 kms is really a very impressive fuel economy.... i am afraid that i do not have any information on the heat shield. I think its better that we be cautious enough will kick starting the bike.

@anjan: There are no oil leaks now (i think so for hemendra's bike too)

Another update on my bike details. I have now completed close to 3000 Kms and is getting in for its 2nd Service. Past 3 weeks i have done close to 1600 Kms.

1) Shivasamudram: This place is close to 165 Kms from Bangalore. This place is known for its water falls. During this trip, the bike gave me a mileage of 40 Kms a Litre.

2) Hogenanakal: This place is close to 185 Kms from Bangalore. This place is also know for its waterfalls. During this trip, i took along my friend who came from Mumbai. During this trip too, she returned me an average of 40 Kms per Litre.

3) Chennai: This was my last weekend ride and by far the longest on this bike. Chennai is 350 Kms from Bangalore. The roads are butter smooth. While going she returned me 41 Kms Per Litre and while coming back, the place where i had filled petrol from turned out to be really bad as the vehicle started knocking and her fuel efficiency fell to 28 Kms per Litre. However, when i filled in relatively good petrol again, she started returning the same average close 40 Kms Per Litre.

This first two rides i was riding at a constant 60 Km/hr of course varying the speed. The last ride i have taken her to 70 & 80 (since the manual recommends operating speed of 70 & 80 after it completes 500 - 1000 Kms)

Here are some more pics of my "Mach" and the "Bird"

rugs_tachy2009-06-17 05:39:54

Hi,

Today i have seen some oil leakage from the front right Shock absorber. got it fixed. this was due to the oil seal. Dealer replaced it and now running gr8.

Today i have visited showroom too and found that now Silencer Heat Shield is inbuilt accessory for entire RE Bullet models. I have ordered one for my bike. This will reach within 2-3 week. for installation they will do gas weld nuts on silencer rod then screw it.

I have completed 1172 Kms. This time she gave me 40Km/L this is because of entire 400 Kms i ran her in city.

I am expecting it should give me millage of about 45 Km/l on highways and not less then 40Km/l in city.