rugs_tachy

500 Kms Review of my RE Mach 500

@Hemendra: 40 km/pl is really a very ambitious fuel efficiency are you really getting this mileage? i am getting only about 32 in the city and around 38 - 40 in the highway.

I have now completed 3050 Kms and its now going in for its 2nd service tomorrow.
rugs_tachy2009-06-19 13:11:08

Hey guys I am turning 18 next year and I love RE bikes smiley4.gif

and my first bike would be RE only so which do u think is suitable for as I am a student.

Machismo 500 or thunder bird?smiley25.gif

And plzz let me know the availablity of RE Classic and itz price tag too.smiley17.gif

I dont think RE Classic is available in India yet. Nice to know you are just 18 and want to get on a RE!!

I would suggest you to ride both of them for atleast 20kms in city and then decide.

@Sharash: Yes the Classic will not be available in India.

@Vijay: Since you are 18, i would suggest you to go for Thunderbird Twinspark, its got power and as well as delivers relatively better fuel effciency.

Hi Guyz.... I got Mach 500 back from the 2nd Service... It is now running really really smooth... their is an increase in power as well, there was some oil leak near the kick lever, because the oil seal near the kick lever had gone off... got it replaced in this service. Also had to mention that my in vehicle tank, their is a paint strip which runs in the center, which has come off. The service supervisor assured me of two things:

A) Either he would remove the tank and send it back for a repaint of this particular strip

or

B) He will put in a New Tank

I really hope they put in a new tank!

Anywayz apart from this, when i got back home, i received a letter from Royal Enfield (RE). Infact they have stated that they have put me a dedicated service personnel to take care of my needs. WOW Good going RE! smiley32.gif i really liked this part.

I am putting down the link check out the last file image which is this letter from RE.

rugs_tachy2009-06-23 09:20:24

Hi All,

The Himalayan Odyssey 2009 just ended two weeks back. Infact i know two of the 50 riders who went for this trip. But for those of you who would like to watch the Odyssey, UTVi will telecast on The Autocar Show on 10:30 A.M. 11th July, 2009 Saturday and on 12th July 2009, Sunday @ 12:30 P.M.

PS: Didn't want to start a new thread therefore posted on this one.
rugs_tachy2009-07-09 10:20:11

@Karan: I am not aware of this been uploaded on the web. Incase i do come across shall keep you posted.

@Hemendra: What's your update on the bike & overall experience?

Another update: I have come to know (also posted on RE website) that they will launch 2 new models. The first model might be launched by this year, i predict the Twinspark Version (350 cc) in the Machismo and the classic launch in the next year.
rugs_tachy2009-07-10 07:57:36

Hi, Rugs,

My Bike completed 1680 Kms. I am getting veriable Mileage like:

Last time i got it 33 Kms. / Lt but after that 44.8 Kms /Lt.

When i was on leave, i rechecked my mileage by filling only 2Lt Petrol and ran in within city. about 20 Kms it ran on constant speed of 60 Kms/ Hr. and i got Mileage of 44.8 Kms/Lt.

By this action it is seems that Petrol theft in parking lot. because here is 11.8 Kms / Lt difference which is much high.

I have tried searching Petrol Knob lock but not available in my city. If some one have its availability then please let me know.

Apart from this bike is gr8. my expectation for mileage is 40+ Kms/Lt.

I am planing to replace Drum type silencer which will give near to original RE Bullet Thump. please advice on this.

rugs

could u update your cell no. or send me mail on my yahoo id hdhakaita@yahoo.com

I am also looking for Head and Indicator Light Shads.

Thanks for sharing your review.

I have a Mach 500 myself that i purchased a month ago, i mostly do around 70 - 80kmph ...i travel on the high way before i can reach my office, so i enjoy riding the bull on this comfortable speed. I have averaged my mileage over 10 readings, and it comes around to 33kmpl (with the speeds i have mentioned)

On the oil leaks..i must say that this has been my single most worry. I guess the mechanics at the show room are either morons or outright lazy and do not want to fix this issue.

They changed the clutch box packing (lining)...but to no avail. One seasoned mechanic suggested that it might be due to the oil seal..i have to get this checked since this involves removing the entire clutch box assembly. Besides this single issue, i have no other complaints of my Bull.

I have changed my silencer to an Indore (or is it Indoor) one..I am located in hyderabad and this is the silencer that is most preferred. My bull now roars!!

Although i dont get the characerstic thump (of a cast ironed engine)..my mach bull is loud enough to be recognized as the most recent decendent of the Bullet family :-)

My odometer now clocks 2380 KM (my bike is just over a month old...and i usually do around 90KM a day)

I have also fillted vibrosonic horns, which have a sound enough to blow a few dozen mini-skirts off :-))

All in all, i am a happy and proud owner of this bull (so much so that my wife is now jealous of it :-))

cheers

Ramesh

hdhakaita,

As far as the silencers go, you probably know that the AVL engines bcos of their make (aluminimum bore instead of a cast iron bore), sound a bit different.

You can still increase the decibel level of the exhaust (aka Loudness) (and this would definitely close to a real bull).

I had tested with 3 different silencers , one is an indore (or indoor..i dont know exactly)..another one is called madras silencer (paramount), yet another one from Quality (also..a chennai made one). I wasnt really able to differentiate..but my fellow bulletiers at the work shop independently suggested me to go for the Indore one, and i DONT regret fitting it. My bull roars like one big lion in this urban jungle. Its an awesome feeling to be riding on top this thunderous monster.

I had changed my silencer when my odometer clocked around 2200 km (i have seen people suggest in forums to wait till 5000km...for whatever reasons....I couldnt wait though..) .

cheers

Ramesh

@hemendra: my id is raghuveer555@rediffmail.com,  you can go in for the bottle type silencer which i am sure RE guys will provide at a cost Rs 800/-

@ ramesh: Congrats on owning Mach 500. Can u provide details of this indore silencer.

Ok a general update. I got a call last weekend from the Brandstore that they are doing a market survey of Classic 500, i was invited to take a test drive and provide my initial remarks on the same. Only Mach 500 customers were invited for this market survey. However i could not attend this, but one of my friend did take a test drive and his impression on the classic was really good. By the like as i had mentioned earlier RE might launch this motorcycle by next earlier Jan or Feb.

My Mach 500 has now clocked 3800 Kms...

@ rugs and hdhakaita.

Nice bikes.

I did ride this bike when it was under testing 4/5 years back. During 2004 Rider mania Sidharth Lal had joined Roadshakers for ride from Pune to Goa. He was riding this bike along with us. and since ceo was driving it it was tuned and serviced very well. Very smooth. Had immediately recognised huge difference in torque compared to my TB.

Great "investment"

Thanks Rugs and Ramesh.

This is Rain season now. since i do not have covered parking area in my office so avoiding driving in these day's.

now a days i am getting some different type of problem. Neutral light on odometer blow some time. this caused i could not start nigher from kick nor ignition and when it got started engine goes off if i switch on indicator or light or flash light. it seems that there is something related with electricals.

I have spoken to dealer. now tomorrow i will visit Dealer for repair of this problem.

till the time my bike completed about 1950 Kms. and other then the above said problem it is gr8. but this problem is herting me when driving because any time we have to use indicator too.

@Ramesh:

you are talking about Indore made silencers. i belong to Indore i got tested it but will install it after completion of 3000 Kms only which is 2nd service.

will get back to you after visiting dealer

@ Hemendra & Ramesh: Can u please post pictures of this indore silencer?

Hemendra: Please do a thorough check of the wiring, because wiring should not be faulty in any given case. I think the fuse or the earthing could be the problem.

Hi All,

I have visited Dealer and Lock Set got replaced. now she is running perfectly. mean while i also got replaced petrol T with key lock.

My bike completed 2105 Kms till the time and getting good millage too.

Once i will visit Dealer workshop for 2nd  service, will replace silencer then only will able to upload pics.

till the tile enjoy riding...........

@All .

Apologies for the delay. I havent been visiting this forum for a while.

I will get the pictures of the silencer and post it asap.

Also, i got a tip from another fellow bulletier on another website that using a big mudflap enhances the beat (Thump) even more. Although i am happy with the indore silencer as it sounds now, I am going to go for this...bcos this person really feels that it makes a huge difference...will let you know it goes.

cheers

Ramesh

Guys my Mach has now clocked in 5400 Kms and the 3rd service is due:

Some things to mention

1) Got my tank changed, since some of the centre strips (gold) had come off

2) In my last trip, my vehicle was not going beyond 110 Km/hr, and i suspected it be some problem with the carburattor, i checked with the mechanic who was with us for the trip and he too confirmed of the same. So i also got my Carb changed and it is now doing a 120 Km/hr quite easily.

Ok here's another news, I have got a confirmed news that the Machismo 500 will be phased out but i dont know the time, may be well within this year itself.

Hi all,

My Mach completed 4300 Kms. i am facing a typical type of problem

whenever i am going for outing most of the time from Bhopal to Indore and back which is 400 Kms. i am getting lower mileage about 39-40 but at the same time when driving in City getting more then 40Kms. i did not find why is it is like this.

can anyone let me know why this happens. on highway i am riding at speed between 70-80 Kms/Hour and in city 60-70 Kms because most of the my Home to office way is rush free and traveling in night hours this is due to my duty is in night.

Hi Alok. A quick thank you. I remember last visiting this site about an year ago and I wasn't able to find my thread, I think there was some server issue last year because of which old threads were not appearing.

Well about my Machismo500. I have clogged around 21500 Kms and there are no issues as of now. I have done a few modifications

1) Oil Cooler : Similar to the ones we see in Pulsar 200/220,however the radiator size is different to suit the capacity. It has been 10 months since installation. After I installed I did check the oil flow in heads and everything was alright. The observations made are:

a) Oil cooler is ineffective in city traffic, so its no use in the city and in the open stretches I do see the oil cooling happening.

B) The oil change interval has gone up by 500 kms but I do change the oil every 3000kms.

I checked the efficiency while did a ride from Pune to Bangalore. I rode non stop, did not even switch off the engine for first 350 Kms....and completed the ride of 920 Kms in 14 hours...the ride was awesome and the bike was running sweet. I was all through out operating the bike at speeds of 90kmph.

2) I have also installed the Goldie silencer with glasswool,but did the mistake of removing my catcon and hot tube....also blocked my PAV (Pulse Air Valve) but this has yielded in boost in power. I will not recommend removing the catcon and hot tube.

Come on guys lets keep this thread alive.

Hello everyone!

I own a Mach 500. Got it in 2009.. ran 10,200kms till date..

When I start my bike, I get a weird "tak tak" kind of sound from the engine.. I went to a mechanic and he did something and the sound didn't go away and he said that the only solution to it was a silencer change.

A few weeks later, the RE showroom opened in the place where I live and they said that one of the push rods was bent and one valve was broken and that it was the local mechanic's fault.. So, I had to get them changed,which I did..

In the first 2 weeks after the repair, the bike sounded brand new and since then the sound has been really annoying. I used to think that the sound was normal but when I looked at the other 350 electra's over there, they sounded good.

What might be wrong with the bike?

Also, where did you get a goldie with glasswool?