subodhpatil

Suggest Good First Car on diesel

Ok. Thanks for reply guys. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Here are the very clear requirements.

This is my first car. (First in family)

I am yet to learn skilled driving.

I have show-room/ service center of maruti in my city (Alibag)

Only Maruti and Tata have service center all over the India.

Tata's all car are used as Taxi :)  Even Vista will. I really don't want to go for it.

I don

Ok. Thanks for reply guys. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Here are the very clear requirements.

This is my first car. (First in family)

I am yet to learn skilled driving.

I have show-room/ service center of maruti in my city (Alibag)

Only Maruti and Tata have service center all over the India.

Tata's all car are used as Taxi :)  Even Vista will. I really don't want to go for it.

I don

@subodhpatil: Now you have changed the game. First make sure whether we are talking about 12,000km per annum or 18,000 per annum (point 12). With the latter you start entering the diesel territory. Also, you are stuck with Maruti/Tata and do not want a Tata 3 & 5). I do not quite agree with 4 since Hyundai are also very widspread. Remember diesels are likely to be between Rs.60,000 and 150,000 costlier!

Dont worry abot reliability of ritz. It shares most of its parts from swift, except the engine but being maruti you can be rest assured about the reliability. Thats the car to go for. Try to go for the VDi variant with ABS.

Dzire is a good car, but basically as good as swift is except in the looks part. But i would suggest that you go for ritz cos its nothing but a boot attached to swft to make it ugly. If you require boot space dzire is your car.

Also dont go for logan as it has many things which are meant for left hand drive cars but have been carried over to the right hand drive car. Being your first car you might face some difficulties in using them. Its a good car none the less

If only maruti, then go for Ritz, i think its better than rest marutis...

If petrol, you can also have a look at i20..

And if you can wait and go for Fiat then GP will be great car, but as you want service centres nearby you, then Maruti, Hyundai and Tata are good, they are everywhere in the country..

I think you can go for Maruti Ritz diesel or petrol, they are both modern engine's. Though we all love to own a Skoda for the brand equity that it has, it's doubtful that you will be able to maintain it with an already 14k emi outgo, as mentioned. First car, in my opinion will be an 'honest to goodness' hatch: Either Hyundai or Maruti. Ritz is the new kid on the block, you'll get appreciative look's for a month or two, until it become's 'commonplace'.

Like I said else where, look at FORD FUSION too as a diesel with good bargains it is a good car unique segment in the car market, Every body seems to be missing it.

Hi, for your budget you have lot of good cars (both sedan and hatchback).

if your usage is more than 1500KM per month, you can go for a diesel otherwise why waste 1Lac more for just a diesel engine, for which you can go in for a top end petrol car with all features buit-in.

I am giving my own experience and not giving out my thoughts. I have a swift VDI, I paid 5.75LACs, it is just 10 months, but so far I clocked 7000 KM.

you can calculate the difference amount of both petrol and diesel (which will have a bare minimum difference of just Rs.10-Rs.13 more). all that you need to do is see the difference amount between petrol car and diesel car. if you run more KM then you go for a diesel otherwise you go for a petrol (will have a better resale value).

Few suggestions:

Diesel hatchback:

Swift VDI (ABS) for better braking..,, my sincere advice is to go with ABS

Diesel Sedan:

Logan: Good power, good breaking, good space. (I drived this car and clocked around 1500KM in 2 days) !!!

Petrol: you have many !!!

I knew these advises are to just compromise you.. but for sure you will buy a car of your choice which will not be listed in these post :-)

Just kidding !!!

ALL the best... happy and safe driving !!!

I think Ritz or Swift DZire.

For petrol or diesel option I should calculate the cost saving.

Like a diesel Ritz car comes at  say 6 Lakhs. and Petrol comes at say 5 Lakhs. Now for my running 15000 KM per year I should calculate the cost of Petrol and Diesel for next 3 years.

If it goes above the saving by purchasing petrol then I should go for diesel.

Please tell me one thing very clearly; Diesel cars do really have high maintainance?

For ~15k/year, petrol suits.

That said, modern diesels do not have high maintenance compared to petrols, the service intervals might be shorter with a few more regular service parts being changed.