CYRUS43

Maruti Ritz Test Drive Report

Hey, wow Cyrus! From an eternal Maruti hater to this review, its a considerable jump! Or you must be grinning with anger pasting this as FRG is away & this test was carried out by team ACI!

Anyway its a brilliant review & surely Maruti has another ace up its sleeve!

I particularly like the front end & the rear when viewed from back, looks fine its just when viewed from a side that it looks out of place.

Also, the tall stance would make ingress/egress easier.

Interiors are every bit modern & Maruti seems to have improved on quality too.

Nice review, Cyrus. This car will also have a long wait list for the diesel. It look's good. But who got the idea of the upholstery color, blue, it looks real bad. Otherwise the car has turned out well, especially the interior's are good. Boot capacity ain't that great.

I am particularly intrigued by this sentence: "There are no cheap plastic bits...". It seems Maruti is finally working on improving quality. Hope the fit and finish is improved as well.

Maruti seems to be offering the blue interior trim across all body colours. Abroad, I think the interior trim (door-panel and dashboard inserts) matches the body colour. Correct me if I am wrong.

now this is just my opinion but sharing too many parts with the Swift, SX4, AStar etc seems to be robbing it of its originality.

Space seems good and its upright stance should help. Boot is a mild disappointment.

I wonder what the tyres are like on the lower variants..

Firstly congratulations Cyrus. Believe thats the first review of yours of a brand new, yet to be launched, mass production car. Quite to the point and well written!

The dash, gear, speedo and tacho all resemble the A Star.Maruti is now banking on a single speedo on the dash console resembling the Standard 8/10, Pennant and older Heralds.

I am sure the Ritz will sell very well as it meets so many demands that car buyers look out for.But lastly feel the rear styling is quite odd and can be mistaken for a Citreon or a Renault.

Wow! Maruti has done right to something which I hated the most about this car that is it has incorporated the rear fog lamp in the bumper and not in the boomerand rear lamp which is there is Uk version also the bumper looks great with the DZire kind of reflectors and the wheel arches looks fantastic  though it looks quiet tall but I think here is a good alternative .The speedometer and tachometer with white background  make it look great Only hope Was there could have been beige but I am not complaining as the silver splashes and the more airy environment makes the interior look good.

Cyrus, you are not! Good, I thought otherwise because never heard good words/praises about Maruti from you or maybe missed.

How's the legroom upfront?

The color of the car is looking good.

car looks good ..i also dont have problem with rear also ..infact it is the rear which will give it its own recognition ...but AGAIN MARUTI FORGOT THAT A CAR IS NOT CPMPLETE WITH SUFFICIENT BOOT SPACE ..MARUTI BETA KAB SUDHAROGE ...

Well this maruti car seems to be better than the rest marutis...

The thing in the review by which i am impressed is that the interior plastics are better than other maruti, that means maruti has made some improvement which is good for them, and the cabin feels roomy unlike swift/A-star and interior designing although similar looks good ..

Have to check out the plastics quality and space when it gets launched..

I also hope that fit and finish and build quality is better than before and at par with competition, what say on this part CYRUS??

I am waiting for the comparision between i10 and Ritz, now 2 cars from maruti are against i10 i.e. A-star and Rtiz..

I hope that the Asta variant will now be Vfm after the pricing of Ritz to become competitive otherwise i10 will again be bare-bones in front of Ritz Zxi/Zdi...

And Zdi version will be big hit unlike Dzire..

maruti have a winner on their cards....ofcourse the big hit will be ritz ddis and it highlights the fact that i10 really needs a diesel engine very soon otherwise its sales might go down drastically..anyways the car looks cool in the looks department ...so we should all wait till the 15 th may !!!!

what have heard is that ingress and outgress is much better then swift, which means that its nicely packed car to own, yes if you want a car for family go for ritz and for yourself go for swift, whats resulted to see is the options available in 4-6L price bracket from maruti is plenty.Rear thougth is a bit messy with looks else feels good with its finish, how were rattles handled as compared to other maruti vehicles any news on that cyrus??

Ritz has been launched and here is the price :

Lxi - Rs.3,90,000/-

Vxi - Rs.4,20,000/-

Zxi - Rs.4.80,000/-

Ldi - Rs.4,65,000/-

Vdi - Rs.4,99,000/-

Prices are ex-showroom Delhi

Extremely competitive pricing. A car that is more spacious than swift, has better interiors and most importantly better FE at a price lower than swift. This is the swift killer. Cant see anything stopping it form selling

EDIT

This is probably the swift killer. I was hoping maruti doesnt price it to rival i20 cos it couldnt have.rahul18102009-05-15 08:38:40

Hope they have better Fit and Finish and plastics than i10....

Ritz zxi has almost same pricing as i20 magna, if somebody is not so keen on safety features(which are important) than i20 makes sense as its good looking, much spacious, better quality and much bigger boot...

Though i20 will have more rear leg room, I think Ritz will be more comfortable, because of high seating and better ride comfort. I like i20's beige interiors, but i can live with black interiors of Ritz, since it is considerably cheaper! :) One more plus, according to me is Ritz's power output, which is better than 1.2 Kappa.

Sure that, Ritz will eat into swift sales, but don't think that Maruti will mind this, since they are doing pretty good numbers in Dzire. Read from another thread that, swift could come with a bigger engine soon, and think it will take care of swift's future (in the lighter sense)

:-)   

Well i forgot to add something...

Everytime when i test drive new cars, i dont like to drive my spark immediately after that, but this time it wasnt the same, although i am not saying that Spark is better than ritz but it still has juice left in it. Its engine is smooth although not as refined as Ritz but good, handling was better and all Chevy's ride quality are always commendable & best in class, accelaration was also very good at 2nd and 3rd gear as i already told in above post, it just need to improve its gear shift and even the rear space isnt too small as many of you think. My sweet heart can still compete with some modern cars, although you might feel that i am being biased but trust me its not so. If you take Santro or WagonR or even estilo for a TD of ritz, on returning you will not like to drive your own car, but mine one feels something different.

Well written review, blue sapphire! It was very informative.

No buddy, i don't think people treated you as a hyundai lover\maruti hater! According to me, i felt that interior quality of cars were very important to you. That is reflected even in this review.

;-)