CYRUS43

Maruti Ritz Test Drive Report

well i have also been tagged as hyundai lover and maruti hater ....but i understand that ..it is like criticizing katrina kaif for penelop cruze in india ...who will like it here .. smiley2.gif

but ritz is certainly better than other maruti products if utilization of space is considered ...

in other words ...if swift is crazy ...then ritz is sensible ...but again maruti still not showing much sense by spoiling the boot space ..same was done with a.star and now with ritz...and build is still far away from the best ...i.e. i10 .

and bluesapphire ...

boot is 178l ...maruti wont tell u ..as it is a negative point of the car ..but who cares...our AUTOCAR ZINDABAD ...

Well written review, blue sapphire! It was very informative.

No buddy, i don't think people treated you as a hyundai lover\maruti hater! According to me, i felt that interior quality of cars were very important to you. That is reflected even in this review.

;-)

Thanks Caripassion...Yes buddy but not only interior quality but also the Ride quality, comfort, build quality should be good which usually i dont find them together in Maruti cars...

well i have also been tagged as hyundai lover and maruti hater ....but i understand that ..it is like criticizing katrina kaif for penelop cruze in india ...who will like it here .. smiley2.gif

but ritz is certainly better than other maruti products if utilization of space is considered ...

in other words ...if swift is crazy ...then ritz is sensible ...but again maruti still not showing much sense by spoiling the boot space ..same was done with a.star and now with ritz...and build is still far away from the best ...i.e. i10 .

and bluesapphire ...

boot is 178l ...maruti wont tell u ..as it is a negative point of the car ..but who cares...our AUTOCAR ZINDABAD ...

Hello Rishi buddy,

The compliments to blue sapphire doesn't apply to you. I still feel that, you are a HARD CORE MARUTI HATER!! (Just joking buddy! don't take it personal) smiley2.gif

Today I took a short test drive of Ritz! It was Blue coloured Ritz VXi without ABS. (as of now, VDi was not available with the showroom guys)  smiley19.gif

I found most of the findings of blue sapphire  to be true. I felt the interior quality, ride comfort, space etc better than swift. Handling was exceptional for a Tall boy, though it will roll more than swift. I found an airiness, which even i10 cannot match with its beige interiors. I am not at all thinking about i10, since I need a diesel hatch! smiley17.gif (20k to 30k km per year)

I am satisfied with the car, and planning to book it! They told the VDi ABS might take a max of 3 months(they told ABS kit from Bosch is in short supply)

Without ABS, it might take 2 months as of now. But now maruti is on the process of increasing Ritz production. hence we might get it earlier!

edit:

One more thing i would like to add.

The engine refinement of Ritz petrol was much better than Swift petrol. The engine response was also good, though we might need to reach at least upto 1500rpm to get the best out of the engine. It will need only 3rd gear to tackle the highest of the hills with AC ON. (I have tried it myself!!) smiley32.gif

carispassion2009-05-23 07:28:47

when i went to the showroomto check out ritz, i was told that swift diesel is available within 10 to 12 days and dzire is available within 20-25 days, is it ritz effect or another maruti tactics, as far as ritz is concerned i liked two things in it one was the quality of plastics which is by far best in maruti offered, another is its  retro styled rear looks which does gives you something different feel, but space is shorter to swift, 3 adults cant seat comfy on rear, tacho on dash is not appealing, over all a change to swifts around but doesnt feel that great too.

Well I according to be ritz has only romminess and even the swift has more space than the ritz . I think the A star kind of wheelbase isn't great . My dad loved its petrol engine but weren't sure about its space.

some one has bought a ritz lxi in my office and it was standing right next to a swift and an i10! to be frank, the ritz does not have the personality of the swift. it just doesnt have the flair and the sporty stance of the swift. the ritz is best left competing with the i10 and nothin more.

by the way anyone have the sales figures of the a-star and the ritz?

I think RITZ is a great replacement for WagonR and one can think of it as a grown out wagonR than a new model overall.

I guess basically it was meant to be. A-star as Alto replacement and Ritz as Wagon-R replacement. But their pricing shows different things.

The worst part of the Ritz is the rear view you dont get a clear view of the car behind you because of the broad pillars in the rear,you just cant see the car standing next to you from the inside rear view mirror.

smiley1.gifsmiley36.gifFirst all i would thanks all the reviewers before me who had done the hardwork for RITZ..

Today I had gone to MS for test driving the RITZ.. first nad foremost Conclusion ITS WOW!!!!smiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley10.gif for MS..

I did got Hyundai after that wil come to it later..

At Ms, He had given war welcome,.. Gave all the options for choosing any model of RITz.. i tried the ZXI. of it and LDI,  to seee the difference,, in ZXi i felt its more roomier than swift(i have swift already). the gear box is gr8, power is superb. Interiors with tachometr gives sporty Touch,,, low noise... Finally when i want to know the price there is a BANG--vxi is for 4.72 on road chennai, i tried to Negoiate, but an half an hour conversation with the sales guy. he didnt  even reduced a Rupee. Then i went down to Hyundai which was very nearby..

At Hyundai . i straight away went to see  i10, he told he has the sportz model and there is no magna for test drive,.. so i drove it ...

It was Good,, gr8 space.. but Engine is not as powerful as Ritz.. but the interiors and Featueres are gR8..

then when we sat down for the price she at first told 4.45l for magna,, then after 2 mins converstion with my friend she reduced 12K for insurance, 5k for Corporate... bring it dwn to 4.29.. Then after i told i wil be bookin it in another 3 weeks,, she told she will offer door mats. sun flim, and gr8 dicount on Xplod.. So lots of discount from HYUNDAI>> i think they  are afraid of RITZ>....

To my conclusion i need to go to other showrooms and try it..

Ritz is still the best as mileage is 15KMPL.. i10 gives on 12..

I would like others to give their comments and experience.!!!!!!!!!!